1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(The Ringer) Rockets seriously interested in Robert Covington trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 10, 2019.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I don't think anyone is going to do us any favors around the league by taking our crap in exchange for a useful role player. There are a few teams in need of a center like Clint--low maintenance, solid defender, very good around the basket offensively. Would a package of Thaddeus Young and Denzel Valentine from Chicago be worth it? Or a swap with Charlotte for Marvin Williams/Miles Bridges to give Rozier and Graham a solid PnR option up front would help Houston? These aren't splash names but if depth and shooting is the name of the game then I would trade Clint to make it happen.

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Of course, but we can still trade two 1st round picks, 2nd rounders, cash, Hartenstein, House (assuming he still has some value)...i mean, that's good if not great value for a solid starter, it's not like we're looking to get Jimmy Butler now.

And no, absolutely not, no way i trade Capela for Young and Valentine, Young is a good bench player over 30 (and making 15M for at least two seasons now that i saw, wtf Bulls!? Lol), Valentine is...i don't know, i'd say he's nothing, he has been in the league for 3/4 years, but literally always injured and showed nothing so, hell no, that would be a horrible trade.

The Charlotte one is a good idea though, Miles Bridges is a guy that i might consider if i have to trade Capela, because at least he has some upside even if he's still a bit raw, inconsistent, we could also get back Biyombo (probably expiring) who is a great rebounder and defender, but i doubt Charlotte trades Bridges, although he might be a bit redoundant with PJ Washington, at least if they planned to slide Miles at the 4 at some point so, you never know.

But like i said, overall, i just want Tilman to ****ing pay some tax and upgrade the team without being a cheap ass, if he wants to make an upgrade at the wing while lose value at center because he's chaep eh, we're screwed. Personally i'd trade Capela only if necessary for a substantial upgrade so, for a better player or a package that really makes us do a substantial upgrade, move him just to kinda swap figures is not something i would consider tbh.

steddinotayto likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

don't get too excited guys

Vivi likes this.
  4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

lol at Philadelphia

Everyone: The Sixers really need players that can catch and shoot 3s. They really don't need another defender

*Sixers entered IWantRobertCovington chatroom*

D-rock likes this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Timbersheep gon git fleeced

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Warriors are going to get Covington and the Wolves pick too maybe...package that with their own and salaries to get another good player between now and this summer, and run out there:

Turner/Drummond/Adams
    Green
    Covington
    Thompson
    Curry

Lol

pippendagimp likes this.
  7. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Sure would have been nice to not waste assets to save money so we could actually compete for this trade opportunity...

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol Tilman is probably asking Morey, why can't we get him? Morey be like you literally told me to dump all our assets for LTS dummy

[​IMG]

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

That make sense, aside for the teams named by Shams, i'm not shocked that more teams are after him, i can think of a ot of teams with the need of a solid 3&D wing, Spurs, Pacers, Nets, Heat, Bucks, Clippers, Lakers, Blazers, Jazz, Warriors...all these teams could start Covington.

11. lionaire

lionaire Member

Welp, I've mentally prepared myself for the worst possible outcome: the Lakers or Mavs acquiring him.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Mavs have pretty much no assets aside for a good 2nd round pick so, i really don't know how they can convince Rosas to trade Covington to them.

13. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Also good thing Minnesota GM was a former Rocket

D-rock, BigShasta and RudyTBag like this.
  14. lionaire

lionaire Member

I imagine Minnesota would be interested in Curry or Brunson seeing as though both are better than Napier

15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Rockets need to figure out a way to get this guy I'd even include Capela if it means getting back a serviceable center. He's the difference between 2nd round out or a championship for this team

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Brunson maybe, but they won't trade Covington for marginal pieces.

lionaire likes this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think Rosas will do what's best for his team, if the Mavs would've the best/right assets i think he would trade with them, but since they don't, i don't see how this will be the case.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Between the last two games and posts like this (because it’s true) it makes me want to distance myself from the Rockets for the first time since 1993 when i started watching them.

To have someone as good as Harden and see it pissed away. Along with no draft capital for the next several years. I almost want to just check back around 2026-2027 and see how things are going.

slothy420 and Nook like this.
  19. seeingred

seeingred Member

Ha no you don't. With the moves we made, we all agreed we'll stop watching basketball when Harden's contract is up.

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Roco ain't that good. Lol

BigShasta likes this.