1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good Morning Football destroys the city of Houston.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by UrbanEnterprise, Jan 2, 2020.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Im not watching. There certainly isn't anything invalid about the rockets or astros rings

Based on the posts in here, I don't disagree about the texans. Texans fans as a whole, are dopes. The whole "I'm just happy to have football" crowd is stupid. You could have 11 plays just taking dumps on the field, call it football, and fans here would watch it

PhiSlamma15, napalm06 and D-rock like this.
  2. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Its the fans fault the Texans are run like a clown show. No, they are the early Saturday game because they have never won **** and have no national following. Its like its always been for a NFL team in Houston outside of the greater Houston area no one gives a **** about them.

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Agreed. You cant take anything away from our back to back championships in the 90's. You cant prove a negative so people should stop saying that if Jordan was playing we wouldnt have won. Thats ridiculous and i'll put Dream up there with any basketball player of all time during those two years, even Jordan.

But what they are saying about houston sports, the houston fanbase and the city is not wrong. Ive been a texans fan since they started and its clear be have bad ownership and no identity as a team. The oilers never won a super bowl but they had identity and respect. The Texans dont have either. And right now we have a coach who has managed to sneak into a GM role who hasn't actually proved that he can suceed as a head coach. The Texans are a joke and thats the straight up truth.

As far as the rockets, its the most sucessful sporting franchise the city has. No one should be miligning them. We have been the only team in the west competing with golden state over their dynasty run. I think we are the 2nd winningest team in the west over the ladt decade. Its a good franchise, not even in the same conversation as the texans. That said, i cringe every time i look at all those empty seats and the lack of a rabid rockets fan-base. Its a baseball and football city; basketball checks in 3rd. Thats just the truth. And its not a top fanbase for any sport. It should be, but its not.

PhiSlamma15 and BaselineFade like this.
  4. Chamillionaire

The Oilers should never have left. When they left, it ****ed everything up for me personally. I like the Texans, but it ain't the Oilers. And the Titans ain't Oilers either.

Either way, I'll root for Deshaun and Nuke this weekend. We really need to win this one.

REEKO_HTOWN, Handles, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  5. BleedsRocketRed

I refuse to give it a click because of the Rockets and Astros comments.

From what I have read tho, he's spot on about the Texans. Texans have been a joke for their entire existence.

6. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

To be fair, I love Houston and enjoy living here. But when outsiders tell me they don’t care for it, I can’t disagree with their reasoning.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Come on, guys. Stop being so defensive.

I've lived in Houston all my life and I stopped caring what other people think about it 25 years ago.

I love Houston - warts and all. To hell with what anyone else thinks.

Blurr#7, D-rock and The Hunted like this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I feel the same way about the Oilers. The only time the jerk in the video got my attention was when he mentioned The House of Pain. That he belittled the titles of the Rockets, and the Astros one title, makes him an *******. That he said, “Rudy T - RIP” makes me want to punch him in the mouth. All I saw was a sports talking head wannabe trying to grab some attention.

Having said all that, the atmosphere at the Toy Box sucks 95% of the time, and I watch the games. Fertitta said he’d do something about it, and as @Nook said, to paraphrase, he hasn’t done ****.

When I was in Houston for Christmas with the family, I wanted to buy Tilman’s book as a joke to give to my brother-in-law. He lives in SA and has great season tickets to the Spurs games. Barnes and Noble claimed they were sold out (they must have had 10 copies and never reordered), so I went to a Landry’s to see if they had it. Not only did they have a big stack of Tilman’s ode to himself, they were half price! That’s our new Rockets owner, “Half Price Tilman.”

9. dmoneybangbang

I don't think the location is as much of an issue people make it out to be.

I think we don't play an entertaining style of basketball overall, some years are certainly better than others. The bigger issue is the lower bowl. My upper lower middle class ass sits in the upper bowl and its always a good crowd up there.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

dude was so on point about the Texans

napalm06 likes this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Our city is much more embarrassed by what's currently unfolding than by what an analyst says.

12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Texans lay an egg every playoffs or disappoint yet they get infinitely more attention than the Rockets who at least can make the WCF.

13. TheresTheDagger

This guy is completely full of ****.

A couple of years ago, there was this team called the Astros that won a World Series on a couple of come from behind wins over a very talented Dodgers team after beating the Yankees and Red Sox in the previous 2 series...something no other team has EVER done.

I remember the home crowds for those series (and the series in 2018 and 2019 since) to be out of their mind raucous. Houston does and can turn on the juice as well as ANY city. They just need one thing first....A championship quality team that doesn't choke consistently. I'm pretty sure most pro cities in the country work the same way.

That's why nobody is intimidated by the Twolves home floor. Or the Hornets. Or the Dbacks. Or the Mariners. Or the Dolphins. Or the Jets. Or the Knicks. And on and on and on.

As for he rest of his rant about Apollo 13, trash cans, and the rest.....he can stick that where the sun don't shine and I'd happily say it to his face. How dare he diminish Dream and Rudy T's accomplishments!

How's that for bringing the fire you overpaid, overhyped, wannabe who nobody watches on a 3rd rates network NFL show?

D-rock likes this.
  14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Rockets “HCA” is nil. Kills me that we have such quiet fans who show up late and leave early. Reminds me of DKR stadium : /

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If it makes you guys feel any better I live in DFW, and the crowd at Mavs games is worse than the TC crowd. They don’t have as much of an issue with lower bowl tardiness that the TC has because of Corp tickets, but the crowd overall is much less passionate during game action.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Oh no! Without the book money, Tillman will have to sell picks for profit again!

Deckard likes this.
  17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Like so many other talking heads, guy totally discounts that Jordan played in 1995 and got knocked out of the playoffs by Orlando. It's disrespectful to Orlando and it's disrespectful to Houston. We also played those Jordan teams very well and it would be a tough bet either way in a finals series. It's probably the best NBA Finals that never happened. Hakeem also made the Finals once before in his career and we didn't hear about that. Also, Rudy-T is apparently dead.

Please let me know when this guy comes to town so I can punch him then school him on H-Town sports history.

D-rock, BaselineFade and napalm06 like this.
  18. payaso

payaso Member

Because football is the National Religion of the old Confederacy... I am dropping the microphone. :cool:

19. alcatrazpsycho

That totally subverted my expectations, because the studio had the correct astronaut (Jim Lovell) in the background picture.

Possibly diliberate mistake to throw even more shade on Houston?

Other than that, this piece has aged extremely well in a short amount of time. Love it.

20. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I guess it's up to Tilly, Morey and Harden to deliver this year. I can't think of a more embarrassing year to be fan of Houston professional sports.

joshuaao and alcatrazpsycho like this.