1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook trade scenarios?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tycoonchip, Jan 9, 2020.

1. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

you missed one thing we need to bolster up, the coaching
    back to back, 7 rotations, dun't have plan B, let go a freefall while we falling behind 12-15pts, that's horrendously crazy
    we gotta send MDA to a certain island close to Mediterranean, and give this piece of sh*t a cup of iced tea and newspapers, let him get tanned.

2. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We always lose to better coached teams ... always - no matter their talent level

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Man....almost none of you know anything about coaching....so Im really surprised about how many people comment on this so many damn times. Like LOL, if you go any other board they are just as ignorant about coaching.

D-rock likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Blaming the coaching when the team shoots 29% from 3 is asinine. Players need to hustle on D and execute offense.

Vivi, jcmoon and BaselineFade like this.
  5. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

We need shooters or someone to help tucker. He is too small and is old he needs help there.
    I would trade House instead he isn’t helping at all. Gets the ball fakes it goes in then turn around to the same place and a couple results come after bad contested shot, turnover, bad pass or back to Harden or Russ.
    I’m getting tired of Mike not doing something else or using someone like Harti. Calls times out at the worst times.
    Maybe trade Nene since he isn’t helping or idk I would miss him but he isn’t even with the team. I wouldn’t trade Green but if we get someone maybe. We just badly need shooters

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  7. smp

smp Member

This says it all. Our bench is crap. Nene, Chandler, Thabo, Green, and Clark’s open spot is wasted opportunity. There is nobody decent to sub for Tucker and he’s getting worn down.

Fun EG still hasn’t shown up. House, BMac, and Clemons are not adequate substitutes for Luc and Ariza. Clint looks like an Allstar one game and then a total scrub the next.

Harden and Westbrook are the only positions we are solid and people are ripping on them.

We have Harden, Westbrook, Tucker, sometimes EG and sometimes Clint. Every other player is deficient. Our role players need to be upgraded now while the window is open. Not getting a HOF player like Harden a supporting cast because of luxury tax savings is infuriating.

#27 smp, Jan 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    D-rock and YOLO like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Had we known chandler would not be playing at all like this, I doubt people would of wanted to waste a roster spot on him. Personally, I thought he'd be a much more rotational player in limited minutes of course. I have no idea if he's hurt or what bc there has been no news on it but he's pretty much another wasted spot atm. Couple that with the other carcasses on the bench outside of rivers and bmac, it's crazy how thin the rockets bench is right now. you have 2 guards and literally nobody else that you can say is trusted. enough with the LTS bs Tilman.

smp likes this.
  9. ApuN

ApuN Member

We have the worst bench in the league....

Our bench was at the bottom of the league last year...

It was at the bottom of the league two seasons ago...

Oh by the way, its sucked since D'Antonio has been here - not a coincidence!

D-rock likes this.
  10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

They can look like a contender beating the Clippers in LA, and bushwacking the Nuggets to a pulp. They can also look abysmal like yesterday's game at OKC.

In other words, the current Rockets are highly inconsistent, capable of higher highs and lower lows. The players need to make up their minds if they want to make this team great.

D-rock likes this.
  11. smp

smp Member

No doubt man. I expected much more from Chandler. I have no idea why he can’t get minutes.

I forgot to put Nene on that list too. Just edited it. This is the thinnest bench I can recall. It really is crazy.

12. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I agree with the hustle on defense. But how can they play better offense when you are outlawed from shooting from certain parts of the court. Sometimes your offense doesnt work and you have to mix it up to stay in the game. Our coach will not call a play for anyone except the stars. It's just so frustrating

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't expect much from Mike Dan Tony, but putting aside his inability or unwillingness to game-adjust, and his lame duck status....

Harden looks like he has hit a wall. You know that day when you don't go work out because you're just run-down? He looks a half-step slow in recent games. And yet he plays the most minutes of anyone in the league (which is insane, by the way). And, unfortunately, the team is geared for / used to him scoring the bulk of the points.

How many times these last two games was I shouting at the TV, "G**damnit, Harden, quit dribbling out the clock! Pass,,,,the ball!" Sometimes he gets in that tunnel vision: "Russell / EGO is out today, I have to do it all myself."

Or maybe he lost his edge with the 5 day layoff.

Or maybe he's got that 20,000-point threshold on the brain and has a case of the shanks as a result.

Tucker, too, looks, uh, "tuckered." What has he averaged the past eight games, 1.2 ppg?

But while we have this coach and a second max player whose contract would pay for two really good players with a far better impact (but fewer ticket sales, boo hoo, Mister Landry's), well, I'm afraid this is what we're going to get.

14. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

since when was winning a championship the goal? Tilman is not trying to win a championship. its only an illusion to us die-harded fans to believe. His goal is to keep the team relevant enough to make enough profit as possible, riding James harden to more money and that's it.

he knows that as long as we're a playoff team and we have harden, he'll sell tickets, promote is restaurants and make money. he's a good businessman.

tycoonchip likes this.
  15. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Play better scenarios...???????

Listening to all ideas...

Thanks.
    :)

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Those short rotations on a back-to-back make that "hustle and execution" thing more difficult than it needs to be, though. :(

D-rock and slothy420 like this.
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This. Rockets making the Westbrook trade meant they had to shuffle their roster. They have not done so. There is work to be done. If they can make the right roster moves to balance out the rosters then things would look better.

Can't see a Westbrook trade. I think that doesn't even enter the picture until this team gets at least 2 full years

D-rock likes this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Imagine how frustrated Maori must be these days. Knows what moves to make but has no way to make them.

It's like running a gorgeous Formula 1 car, but the car's new owner insists on going cheap for the pit crew.

Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  19. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

People need to get it through their thick skulls that the Rockets don't have a Russell Westbrook problem, the Rockets have a height problem. Nobody on our starting lineup outside of Capela is taller than 6'6 which is a huge problem. We need length badly

D-rock likes this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm not a fan of Mike but i agree here, you don't get blown out by 20/30 by a decent team like OKC because of the coach if you are a team like the Rockets, or at least something like this doesn't happen multiple times in like 30 games.

D-rock likes this.