1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 1/8/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 6, 2020.

1. jsilencio

jsilencio Member

I wasn’t being serious.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

It wasn't efficient at all. All those missed 3s weren't a product of the flow of the offense. It was James playing heroball.

Don't get me wrong - usually, it works. But it's like Harden say "ATL" on the opposing jerseys and thought it was okay to hoist up iso3 after iso3. A better team would have blown us out tonight.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Team was focused in the first then got caught up in BS.

A complete ass effort from Harden after the first, but got the win. Be better tomorrow.

saleem likes this.
  4. SORF

SORF Member

Boring, maybe not. Personally, I don't think Harden is boring because I'm a basketball game purist...I like the strategies of the game. And Harden is a strategist...he sizes up the situation and then makes the plays. Whether it is ISO or not. Tonight he was off...how many times do you see him miss three long court passes in a game? The strategy was on target, but he was off target...net loss of 6 fast break points.

The media called Jordan a choker...couldn't win a championship....yada yada yada. Much like they are saying about Harden. Once Harden wins a championship, and I believe he will, the media will shut up.

clutchdabear likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think you are too sensitive if you think I despise the Rockets because I get frustrated with Harden often. His regular season greatness is amazing but time and again he has fooled my expectations in the playoffs where these regular season games are fun but if I see the type of play that reminded me of games where he fell apart in the playoffs, I get worried.

His play style forces a offensive system that is one dimensional.

6. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Well I answered my own question.
    It IS the 1st time in history we had two 40 point triple doubles the same game.

https://www.espn.com/nba/recap?gameId=401161200

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL, then it sucks to be you.

Your frequent frustration with Harden and his historic scoring is going to continue for a loooooong time.

Enjoy the win, stop trying to make everyone else as miserable as you.

Mazulis and dc rock like this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Seems like there have been a lot of records made, records broken, and/or records approached this season.

9. fchowd0311

If what you say is true that they labeled Jordan a choker before his first ring, then by looking at his playoff numbers before his first ring, they were entirely off base. Jordan averaged 35 ppg on almost 60% ts percentage in his two major playoff appearances before he got his ring which in the 80s was way above league average efficiency.

Harden is no where close to those numbers in the playoffs in volume and efficiency adjusted for era.

I seriously doubt they labeled him a choker, if they did, then what does that make Harden?

10. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

When Harden shoots this bad from 3, he gotta learn to stop shooting so many 3s. It just gives easy buckets for the other team. That’s why our lead got evaporated. Same thing happened against the spurs.
    I’m not saying he shouldn’t take any more 3s but he needs to drive in and try to get layups and mix it up. Then after getting some points he can try to shoot one or two 3pt and if they go in good, keep shooting until he misses two in a row.
    Plus if he is gonna shoot so many bricks he ought to at least cover his man and stop giving the other team easy layups or fast breaks.

JazzLakerHater likes this.
  11. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Hardens game doesn’t change. He plays the averages and will keep shooting. When they drop its mesmerizing but when they don’t it’s painful. I honestly think he needs Russ out there mentally.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Sure, Harden had tunnel vision (me, ball, shoot, miss, etc) tonight, but it’s more the amount of minutes he plays in the regular season that makes him fade in the playoffs. But all his Rockets coaches ride him until the wheels fall off. And they won’t hire a coach who’ll challenge that, or sacrifice the occasional game giving him fewer minutes.

vlaurelio and fchowd0311 like this.
  13. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

37 minutes from House, 4 points. Yet some people went ham on me on here saying its the regular season calm down, House is not it man.

D-rock likes this.
  14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I didn't get to catch the 4th but saw they cut it to 3. I'm just glad we won. Harden was off but still scored 40+ but their star was able to match. Any win on the road is a good one. In April/may no one will remember we barely won this game, we will just know we are a 60 win team ;)

Rocket River, Mazulis and vlaurelio like this.
  15. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

We need a 4 in a bad way. McLemore is good off the bench and fills Geralds void.

Rocket River likes this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol I'd always rather have a shitty win than a great loss. Harden wasnt focused against a doormat team like Atlanta how d hell is that a big deal? As long as the Rox dont lose vs these scrub teams I dont care if he gets a facial and massage in the sideline...

Rocket River, Remlap and D-rock like this.
  17. SORF

SORF Member

Well, you have a good night. I don't participate in discussions. At 65 I seen enough, experienced enough, and now I'm going to enjoy myself in the few years I have left. And flaming discussions are not what I want to waste life on. Have a good night exercising your fingers on the Internet.

18. EurostepHarde

EurostepHarde Member

Oh shame, I personally don't care for your posts.

Remlap and D-rock like this.
  19. fchowd0311

Wow, someone disagrees with you and you go meta. That's the point of discussion boards. Discussion. My disagreement with you is not personal.

If Jordan was labeled a choker in his pre ring years for average 35 ppg in the playoffs while scoring on significantly higher than league average efficiency, I find that hard to believe.

20. fchowd0311

Then you can show it by not responding to them.

ElPigto likes this.