1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scouting Report on Buffalo from a Bills fan

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by dkamberi25, Dec 29, 2019.

1. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

I mostly post on the Rockets as a fan of the team but I have posted here on occasion. This post is in no way me attempting to troll Texans fans but rather give you all a Bills fans account of our team and what you can expect during our game.

From management, to the coaching staff and the players on the team everyone is on the same page. That is our greatest strength as a team at the moment and also what gives me the most hope that this team can improve in the coming years. I mention this because when most outsiders try to explain the success of this team they look to individual players and stats but that does not tell the story of this team. Having everyone on the same page and having established a culture/identity of teamwork and hard work are a big reason why we are as good as we are because on offense we do not have any game changers. John Brown is the closest thing and he can make big plays but the combo of his size and Josh Allen's inconsistency keep that from being a sure thing. Singletary is a promising rookie rb that is good in short space with plus agility, vision, and tackle breaking ability. He lacks top end speed so while he can bust 5-15 yarder with regularity he won't burn you for a big run to the house. The Bills offense depends entirely on Allen and his ability to make plays with both his arm and legs. On his best day he is near unstoppable and he has made a in season adjustment and improved on ball protection which has raised his floor on bad days. He is frustrating because he will miss a few throws a game that he should hit and if he does that next week it will ensure that the Bills won't open the game up.

On defense is where we shine. I believe we finished the year 2nd in defensive scoring and it is a big indicator of our bend but don't break defense. Our strength is our secondary. White is a top cb in the game and I am looking forward to seeing him and Hopkins going at it. Our safety tandem of Poyer and Hyde allow us to do so much defensively as both guys can do it all out their so it is nearly impossible for opposing offenses to pick up on tendencies based on how they are lined up. Our pass rush is good but not great. Edmunds and Milano are both 3 down linebackers that allow us to stay in nickle even during obvious passing downs which makes us that much tougher to play on that side of the ball.

Hope you guys find this info useful. I am expecting a low scoring game as I dont expect the Texans to be able to run the ball successfully against the Bills which is the way the teams that have had success against us have done so. I am also not holding my breath that our offense will have much success against your D. I am expecting a one score game which for all of Allen's faults has proven to be a strength as he seems to play his best in those tight situations.

Looking forward to the responses as well as your takes on what you expect against the Bills.

vince, BaselineFade, King1 and 2 others like this.
  2. rocketshopeful

good stuff. In order for texans to win they need to put up at least 20 points. I dont think we will be able to run that much either. I am expecting a wrinkle of sort with our tight end sets which I think we havent shown much of in the regular season with the exception of the option pass (usually to fells). Watson is gonna have to make some plays on the run. The game will be won or lost (due to turnovers) on those plays is my guess.

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Texans have Bill O’Brien. Enough said.

B-Bob likes this.
  4. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Saying this means he'll be too conservative and end up losing the game...

The Bills are good, and have a great chance to come out with a win, IMHO...Having said that, The Texans need to score early and often to make it a shootout, with the hopes of the Texans D coming through in the clutch...

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I have no idea what it’ll mean but it’s a fact and we all have to live with it.

6. rocketshopeful

damn bro you nailed this one.