1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sixers @ Rockets 1/3/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 2, 2020.

1. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

you could make a 30 for 30 on how crappy westbrook played tonight. missed dunks, terrible shot selection, turnovers, boneheaded decisions.

edit: also, 44/11/11, i think that's the francis line from the first yao/shaq battle.

#1182 francis 4 prez, Jan 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  3. SemisolidSnake

When I heard he was all excited to face Embiid, I got chills of him also wanting to play the Warriors last year. But he brought it tonight, and max props should be given. He seems different this year. Don't know what it is or why it's happening, but he's actually bringing some great intensity to games. That was starkly lacking from his game last year, so, while I don't feel bad for criticizing that at the time, I also am quite happy to give out the praise he's earned this year, especially in this game. Maybe the best game I've seen him play.

4. verse

verse Contributing Member

This... and only this... is the solution to all the double teams he's been recieving. If his shooting numbers and overall production stay this high, there's no way teams continue that strategy The next thing you might see is teams hacking WB & Capela to lessen the efficiency per possession, but I'd be ok with that also, given that Harden is deadly from the line and we'd see the bonus even sooner.

5. SemisolidSnake

James is filthy, no doubt.

I also think that once all the dust has cleared and other players are successfully implementing the stepback three, people are going to realize that's it's not just a nigh-unguardable move, but it also is extremely effectively at squaring up and coiling up for a shot. Like a swimmer pulling off a well-executed flip turn. It's going to be seen as not just a clever, game-changing, rule-reinventing move pulled off by a master. It's going to be recognized as a novel way of getting into good form for a shot as well.

He's so far ahead of everyone else.

joshuaao, hakeem94, jboslett and 3 others like this.
  6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I project the team to end up with 57 wins and 25 games they would have won with Chris Paul.

7. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Maybe but the difference is Harden and Dwight didn’t get along. Well they didn’t hang out or were always on the same page. Cp3 and Harden were ok in the first year but last year they didn’t seem so after the Carmelo experiment.
    Harden and Russ do have a good relationship and I hope at least they can listen to each other in the playoffs. Harden at times needs a push when he doesn’t seem into the game or is not as motivated. And hopefully harden gets Russ to slow down a bit or talk to him to not rush on every play.

8. JW86

JW86 Member

Harden is doing Kobe stuff, amazing and like the commentator said: "put some respect on Harden's name" and JVG saying he doesn't understand why Harden has not been in MVP conversations is a sentiment we all share. I don't understand the negative about Westbrook. This was a great night. Is Rivers injured? He gets 7 minutes while Gordon gets 30, don't understand that. Hartenstein played soft, don't trust him yet.

D-rock and BigShasta like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Kobe stuff? Nah, Harden is doing Wilt or MJ things. Kobe wishes he could ever ball on this level. If Kobe ever played like this, people would’ve been having serious MJ vs Kobe debates.

10. pippsux

pippsux Member

Cute gif,
    Noted.

11. pippsux

pippsux Member

Well MDA must have gotten his eyes checked... He saw what we saw, Capela was engaged and hungry, no time for learning curve.

12. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

I think coach is not playing rivers as much against bigger, longer lineups...just like against the nuggets cuz we needed more size in the paint. I feel rivers will get more minutes against the quicker point guards.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

thank u. glad im not alone correfting idiots.

n yes im calling dude a idiot cause im tiree of people saying things lik3 the knpw basketball spreading false ****. dude really said that bs. when like u said russ went a whole month with almost making all his free throws lol. proving once again people on a basketball fan site dont even watch basketball

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

TC was lowkey deafening when the opportunity for free Chick-Fil-A was in reach...people yelled so much more for a chicken sandwich than they did for any play on the court or for Hakeem when he was shown on the big screen

if a football was thrown onto the floor, fans probably would’ve rushed the court

pippsux, D-rock, apollo33 and 2 others like this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think CJ McCullum is the better option than Lillard

Rocket River

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't expect too much more than the 11 minutes he played
    He gets between 10~15 I am good

Rocket River

ico4498 likes this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

I was afraid Russ was going to be ejected after he slapped the backboard on that dunk (1:54 mark on the video). He should have drawn a T for it, which would have been his second. I have no idea why the refs sat on their whistles, but it worked out for us.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Fans think Russ is the only star that misses dunks/layups or takes bad shots. Did anyone watch Celts vs. Hawks, Tatum was missing dunks too.

Some of WB's antics can be mind bendingly frustrating but he, like most players have good and bad games. When he is good he can be top 10 good. I will take it.

Problem is that we have all been spoiled by Harden's efficiency and BB IQ.

Hakeemtheking and joshuaao like this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance