1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have solid bench.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Dec 30, 2019.

1. bj3175

bj3175 Member

true dat

2. Mr Chuck Norris

Sounds like the manimal we had last year....

bj3175 likes this.
  3. bj3175

bj3175 Member

DONT IT. mda and morey cant see his value because they dont show up on analytics

4. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Hartenstein is making a believer out of me. If my eyes are not fooling me it appears that HARTENSTEIN AND WESTBROOK have a little chemistry

vince likes this.
  5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Great win. Perhaps the best of the season. Rockets blew the blowout, then re-blew... against a very good team.

Rockets should never lose when they shoot 45% 3PT. We shot great and out-rebounded Denver.

carib and D-rock like this.
  6. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

There are holes to patch but this is my sentiment:

7. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

When will Green come back? Our bench power looks really strong now. We have MVP and a new big dick, I hope MDA does not play 8 man rotation anymore.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Next season

FrontRunner likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Did they add cushions?

DD

FrontRunner and D-rock like this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think the Bench is legit minimum of 9 deep

Rocket River

FrontRunner likes this.
  11. RocketRoller

RocketRoller Member

12. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

It’s a cool bench for the regular season. I don’t trust any of those guys come postseason.

13. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

that's fine too because if dan tony uses them effectively in the regular season he can have a well rested short and trusted rotation for the postseason.

Rocket River and FrontRunner like this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

not necessarily true. the postseason is just a whole different animal. some guys just aren't able to handle the game in its entirety and the amount of pressure the game presents in all areas. there's a reason why harden called for more vets. but then again they ended up with guys like thabo/chandler. Thabo has been useless. I'm not sure if they're just being overly cautious with TC, but i thought he would be playing more

Greedydex likes this.
  15. hashmander

what's not necessarily true? that if you use more players consistently in the regular season then your 8 best guys will be better rested come playoff time?

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

he can have a well rested short and trusted rotation for the postseason. that was your post

the question marks after the core are ben, house, clark, Ihart, chandler

who is actually going to play well from that group and make the rotation a real 8/9 deep instead of having to rely on the 6 of CC, PJ, Harden, EG, Rivers, WB. right now we just don't know.

17. hashmander

you don't get better and more reliable by not playing. more minutes for ben, clark and harty will allow them to become more comfortable in their roles. and house is already starting so i don't see why he isn't listed with CC, PJ, Harden, EG, Rivers and Russ.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's the general assumption but again you don't really know how a player will be once the postseason begins. it's good that some of the young guys are playing but I'm not gonna say I trust them completely come playoff time. house got significant minutes last year and became lost in the postseason. he's still unproven

19. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

What’s up with some of these cats who think we can depend on Ben, Clark and Harty in the postseason. House got glued to the bench in the playoffs. I’m liking what I see from Ben (sometimes) and Harty ( in 2 games) but Clark? Hell no! I’d gladly trade him for useful vet.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean I hope at least someone from that group can find a way to be a consistent contributor in the playoffs. Because relying on 6/7 guys once again isn't going to be any different than our previous runs.

because other than a buyout candidate, the rockets aren't in any favorable position to get much of a an established role player