1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ryen Russillo]There are people around the league who believe that Westbrook is available for trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Dec 26, 2019.

1. 45koolly

45koolly Member

Westbrook up to this point has been great for us and personally has been one of my favorite players for a good decade now...but if we haaaaad to trade one of my favorite players I’d let Brodie go for such a scenario.....

Rockets get: RJ Barrett Marcus Morris Elfrid Payton Knick’s 2020 first round Robert Covington and Giorgi Dieng

Knicks get: Russell Westbrook Isaiah Hartenstien Rockets 2020 and 2021 2nd rd picks

Timberwolves get: Bobby Portis Danuel House Gerald Green Nene Gary Clark Micheal Frazier Houston 2020 1st rd pick

For houston this makes them an instant title threat with the next star in the making on tow a lottery pick and a lot more cap flexibility moving forward.

For the Knicks it gives the Garden a bona fide superstar under control for 3 more yrs along with a prospective backup center and junk picks in exchange for a draft pick a no.#2 draft choice that didn’t exactly wow and a few un-resignable 1 yr. rentals.

For the already looking to next year timberwolves they get a half a year to see how a younger Portis/Towns combo could look while being able to look at the likes of prospective roll players in Gary Clark and Chris Clemons along with a late Houston 1st rd pick while also FINALLY getting rid of the big Giorgi Dieng contract and freeing up future cap space...for a mid tier vet who loses value due to age for a still rebuilding franchise.

Everyone wins well...
    And the rockets...

End up looking like:
    Rivers/Payton
    Harden/Gordon/McLemore
    Roco/Barrett
    Tucker/Morris
    Capela/Chandler/Dieng

Not exactly sure how salaries line up but I know it gotta be close enough.

Just fun brainstorming...But if it was possible I’d do it AND I’d try to strike while the irons hot...

#181 45koolly, Dec 28, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  2. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Let’s see here. 2 former stars on the downside of their careers and a big for our big and a once a lifetime top tier talent. That sounds fair.

3. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

All the major moves of the past 5 years make me exhausted. I just want to watch the Rockets grow and compete and look for a small move to round out the core once EGO is back.

verse, Stephen_A and BigShasta like this.
  4. TimDuncanDonaut

Sometimes you hear hoop heads, ex players, reminisce on OKC being lucky in having a trio of future league MVPs: KD (2014), Harden (2018) and Russ (2017). What if they had stuck together longer. KD is injured right now, and Rockets have TWO of the THREE on the same friggin' team. They're both in their prime.

Jimmy buckets didn't choose us. CP3 and Russ did, be appreciative of the stars who want to come here. Fans talk about loving the 'dawg' like mentality of a Pat Bev or Montrezl Harrell. Russ has that as well and is one dude that you don't have to question his effort.

I've no idea if Russ reads ClutchFans. He doesn't seem like the kind of dude that gets phased by chatter, but I hope this rumor doesn't get on his radar and ruin his New Year.

#184 TimDuncanDonaut, Dec 28, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

On the downside the Knicks get a slightly injury prone, turn over prone, non shooting PG with immense usage rate.

Perfect inefficient guy for the inefficient Knickerbockers. ;)

45koolly likes this.
  6. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

All this nonsense could be avoided if Capela can shoot the 3. Someone needs Love.

don grahamleone and Ramo$e like this.
  7. 45koolly

45koolly Member

Honestly I’d be kool w swingin a trade for roco and snatching markieff w the TE on the buy out...that could still properly fill us out for the playoffs

bloodwings19 likes this.
  8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Is Lilliard available yet?

9. fattz

fattz Member

Get as much as we can while we can. If they retire as Rockets there is no return on investment.

DaDakota likes this.
  10. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

This guy is a fake big. I prefer to trade with spurs, if you choose him.

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I love how we rip into Ryen the idiot, yet this thread is 10 pages deep and counting.

Fyreball likes this.
  12. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Negotiating through media. I wouldn’t be shocked if Morey told Brodie he would hear trade rumors to make something else happen

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I hope he doesn't find out. I wouldn't want to start dropping games to Golden State, Detroit, Sacramento and San Antonio. ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

J Sizzle likes this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

For pretty much the same reason why you would "trade Capela for Covington in a heartbeat" ;)

D-rock likes this.
  15. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

This is probably the dumbest thing I’ve read on clutchfans since the Luka Donkey hype threads. The reporter uses the phrase “I think”. This is exactly what it is..his thoughts simply. There’s no sources cited save for the mysterious “some people” and these people were described as “thinking” that russ is available. Not knowing but thinking. This means no one knows what the hell they’re talking about. This is problematic reporting and stupid. But what’s even dumber is NBC’s report subjectively saying the Westbrook trade hasn’t worked out for the rockets.

“Russell Westbrook hasn’t provided the desired upgrade over Chris Paul.”

WTF? Says who? Lol stupid spin journalism.

Patience, RayRay10, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

you’re telling me he doesn’t make capela or pj Tucker or Danuel house better? The man feeds these players each game and has been consistently getting people involved. Harden doesn’t get enough credit for whatever reason. Look at the passes and setting up for other players to score. Most of the time great players inspire other players with their play (Westbrook, lebron etc). Harden raises the bar by nature of him scoring high outputs and playing hard each night. You also see him out there being vocal with other players. Besides how do you truly measure or know that a player makes others better? There’s multiple variables on and off the court that you don’t see or know about so people shouldn’t put too much stock in comments about making team mates better.

RayRay10 and D-rock like this.
  17. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

great that you put a lot of thought and time into these scenarios but no. Just no.

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think Harden is even remotely close to his decline. He has a game that will be serviceable for years because of how he plays. Westbrook however is a player that we have to keep a very close eye on. His game is purely based on athleticism. The fact that he also doesn't fit makes it a real problem as well.
    If the right deal comes along for Westbrook, we have to take it and run away with it.

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Spurs would never take westbrook. Pop would retire first.

20. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Harden play has not changed... still an Adrian Dantley Clone. No matter who the coach is he still plays 1 on 5.

Adrian Dantley was the same way... AD went to Detroit and still had the same selfish mindset and then he got traded to Dallas with the same mindset and never won a ring... although Detroit won a ring with an all around superstar Mark Aguirre.

Harden has to have the ball, has to have the control and has to have the glory... He want win a championship that way in Houston or anywhere else...

All the players they have brought in have had a hard time adjusting their game... WB is not a shooter, he's a scorer. This offense will win some games in the regular season, but they want win a championship.

Definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

T_Man