1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 12/25/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2019.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Leave it to the Rockets to dump some coal on Christmas. Feels bad man.

smp, PWR and RustyHarden like this.
  2. Caprah

Caprah Member

Harden made all the right plays out of the double teams the problem was no one could hit a shot with all the great looks.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya and I'm sure Westbrook would love it if a all time great shooter was moving off the ball around screens and curls making the defense actually get off balance instead of just standing there.

BeBreezy and snowconeman22 like this.
  4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden didn’t deserve much more free throws than what he got. He didn’t attack the double and didn’t get to the rim but a couple times. Should have maybe had like 5-6 free throws tops.

But this had nothing to do with the refs. One team tried and one team didn’t. Rockets deserve the loss, and I’m sure they’ll have another to some bad team here soon where they once again give no effort.

fchowd0311 and WestendMassive like this.
  5. Red Nation RGV

This won't be the first season that this has happened. I've never seen that I want to beat you down attitude in our squad. The fans have it for sure but something's missing

Miami_Rockets likes this.
  6. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Embarrasing loss on Christmas. Bah ****ing humbug

PeterKingX likes this.
  7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I just have always hated Xmas NBA games, for fans and players both. Now I hate it more than ever.

snowconeman22 and francis 4 prez like this.
  8. JazzLakerHater

It be nice if the Rockets say before hand if they’re interested in playing or not. If they’re not interested, like they weren’t today, I wouldn’t watch it. Way to damper Christmas Rockets. Absolutely disgraceful.

snowconeman22 and francis 4 prez like this.
  9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

Ive seen like 24 minutes of the last 2 games and capela has missed I think 7 layups and dunks in that time. And in defense has mostly looked like he forgot he was checked into the game.

Thanks to the rockets for embarrassing themselves and us today.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The Refs did keep the Rockets from the line though. They simply swallowed the whistles for the Rockets.

11. amaru

amaru Member

MDA can’t handle Westbrook

12. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

not being able to win 4 on 3 matchups isn't on d'antoni.
    he made adjustments. he brought in tyson. he went small ball. he tried all sorts of stuff.

but everyone besides harden couldn't do jackshit and especially russ, capela, and pj played like trash, on both offense and defense. a wide open lane to the basket and each time it was botched. or a wide open shot bricked.

either harden needs to just try to beat the double teams himself in games when everyone is trash or the other core players NEED to step up somehow, at least defensively.

stop blaming d'antoni for what was a lack of effort and execution by certain players.

BeBreezy likes this.
  13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Harden should consider maybe playing off ball more and actually moving when teams double him all game.

Or maybe after he passes out of the double actually move.

gfab-babyboi and fchowd0311 like this.
  14. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Warriors were motivated, just ask Kareem Jackson against the Texans. Warriors on non-cable TV, showing off is pretty motivational. 1 FT for Harden is going to kill the Rockets against any team in the NBA, G League, Turkey League, Premier League (Spain)......

15. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

Sigh...As the years roll by I have come to accept that indignities like this are part and parcel of being a fan of Houston sports. Having to stomach watching Curry and Lunkhead in their designer sweater vests or whatever smile and make gestures almost brought up that Christmas goose from my esophagus. But in the end it's a meaningless December game, so **** it. Happy Holidays everyone!

I'm goin' noggin'

BamBam and francis 4 prez like this.
  16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He is a MVP who cant shoot wide open threes. The argument should end there.

17. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

The Rockets played like they didn't want to win. We got open shots, but fumbled the ball every time we had a opportunity. We've seen this type defense before

18. LUK3

LUK3 Member

now i have to listen to the bullsh*t Scottie has to say :(

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No he can't shoot wide open threes. He's sucks at them. We have to accept that. We need to have a sustainable offense when teams decide to double Harden isos. That involves Harden doing something different besides just standing near the half court line.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean...sure? Like maybe a few times? Who cares?

They didn’t try for 3 quarters. They let the worst team in the league drop 120. They didn’t score 40 points in the 2nd half. Their 40 million dollar point guard couldn’t beat a 4 on 3 defense.

I just can’t fathom caring about the refs. So minuscule compared to what actually was the problem.

But hey...if we need the refs to call each and every foul for us, then we have no chance to begin with. Simply doesn’t happen. Rockets have bigger issues than the refs.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.