1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden just mixed Paul George like some cake mix. Lord of mercy!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Dec 19, 2019.

1. AggieRocketFan96

Weitd but ok. Not sure how it didn’t stay civil unless the name Trump is so triggering that everyone on this board must comply with your polite request to bend to your will and not mention the President’s name. Again, it was an analogy and one that actually makes sense and your responses continue to prove the analogy.

2. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

it’s not my request, but Clutch’s. Politics goes in the D&D.

And yes, I guess that D-Bag is “triggering” for me. It does irritate me when someone compares my favorite player with a person I absolutely despise.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

i guess harden is like malcolm x then amirite? great person but for some reason hated by the "company"

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think the comparison is how both figures are extremely polarizing. That isn't really a political statement; just a fact that everyone can agree with. It doesn't mean that if you support Trump you should support Harden, or if you don't support Trump then you shouldn't support Harden.

Tfor3 likes this.
  5. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Harden is like Putin.

lol j/k. This thread is bringing out my silly side.

durvasa likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's an obvious travel even in full speed. You can't lift your pivot foot and bring it back down. He clearly does that.

What's more sad than homers not being able to admit this? It's other fans trying to use this to prove his step back is normally a travel. Both are pathetic.

7. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

It’s probably a travel. But so what?

A superstar who gets away with travels is like water that’s wet.

8. durvasa

It's not a big deal that he might have gotten away with a travel on one play. It is a big deal if a fan base (or the vocal part of the fan base) insists on denying that a travel is a travel. It's about credibility.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I love how you can tell the Harden Haters. . . . .
    They also always come with the .. . "I'm not a homer / . . ." . . or calls everyone else "Homers"
    Because people are not accepting their wack explainations and reason on why Harden sucks. . . . . .
    or attempts to diminish Harden and the Rockets

Rocket River
    #FrickingBotsAndTrolls

ico4498, D-rock, BMoney and 1 other person like this.
  10. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

credibility?? for what??
    this is basketball, we are basketball fans. we are here to talk about a game we enjoy watching and a team we enjoy cheering for. Last thing we are here for he credibility

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I hope everyone in the NBA micromanages every single play from every player. How fun would that be? Let's all be *comic book guy* for every player.

Keep the same energy folks!

D-rock and Nook like this.
  12. durvasa

The internet allows us to not only interact with eachother, but also with other fanbases and even prominent media members. It gives us an opportunity to shape the “narrative” around Harden. But if you don’t have credibility and (as you suggest) have no need for it, you should have zero expectation to be taken seriously by others.

Tfor3 likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Nothing like picking the scab off of a hemophiliac.

D-rock and Deuce like this.
  14. durvasa

Would you acknowledge that there is a difference between going back to the game tape and picking out all the plays in which Harden may have committed a violation, versus commenting honestly on a play that someone else has chosen to bring to people’s attention?

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

No.

D-rock likes this.
  16. durvasa

So if someone posts a video of a player committing what appears to be a violation in order to celebrate how awesome the play is, you would refrain from pointing out that the play is quite possibly a violation?

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yeah, I am not one of those guys. You be you, though.

Something so small that might or might not be something. Not going to nitpick.

Santa isn't real. Sorry kiddo.
    Hey magician, I see that secret pocket in your coat.

D-rock likes this.
  18. durvasa

You say it’s small, but if he was whistled for a carry instead I don’t think you’d be saying that. Maybe I’m wrong on that.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I really wouldn't to be honest. Just not something I waste time on. I am more interested in the marco of team building, trends, and stuff that moves the needle to be a championship contender.

Again, to each their own.

D-rock and durvasa like this.
  20. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

yes because if clutchfans was credible then it would really help shape a narrative for Harden or the rockets. ESPN would all of a sudden become pro Harden, in fact I think Harden would have won the MVP last year, if only clutchfans was more credible

34to11 likes this.