1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 12/19/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Best win of the season, thus far. Even though we are shorthanded, I find encouraging that we beat a full Clippers roster with PG and Leonard playing. We need the EGawd back, for sure. Gordon will take a lot of pressure from the other role players, so they won't feel like they have to make every shot that Harden and Westbrook don't take. As a result, the role players may play better.

Clippers are a tough out, especially because they have guys that can slow Harden. Make no mistake, the team to beat in California is the Clippers, not the Lakers.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I also think Kawhi and Harden love playing against each other. Harden noticeably steps up on defense when matched up with Leonard, and Leonard is a little more aggressive looking to score when he goes against Harden, or at least that's what I notice when I watch.

It's not a true rivalry but it's definitely a fun matchup every time.

Deuce, Tfor3, HoustonTexas and 7 others like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you realize you don't sound like the "first-half you" when you do post-game commentary? :D:D

4. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I would say the past 4-5 years, the Clippers have been the closest the Rockets have been to a main rival, outside of the in-state teams and GSW. When we came back on them down 1-3 in the playoffs a few years ago, the whole underground tunnel fiasco, trading Montrezl, Lue Will, and Pat Bev to the Clippers, CP3 vs Austin Rivers, now Westbrook vs Beverley. It's definitely been fun.

D-rock, jcmoon and RayRay10 like this.
  5. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Payback George Paul for last game AND for that last second 3 late last season to push us down to the 4th seed

HewbieTrippin likes this.
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Post game is safe. It is secure.

Mid-game...emotions run high

Os Trigonum likes this.
  7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

At half time we were down by 15 and I told myself, "I know if I give up and go to bed right now I'm going to miss a historic comeback." So I went to bed. And you're welcome.

bro2044, joshuaao, juanm34 and 6 others like this.
  8. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

F Doug Gottlieb..... Media Philosophy: If Rockets win, it's just the regular season and Clippers are pushing for the playoffs. If Clippers win, Rockets can't beat the good teams

Undisputed... hell yeah call out Kawhi, hiding on defense, shut down in the 4th.

#1588 HoustonTexas, Dec 20, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I love when the Clippers lose to the Rockets as they always lose their composure it seems. They can’t just lose. There always has to be some added drama mixed in.

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

It was a great win, but it didnt really change my opinions about this team with Harden as the lead dog.

I still need to see this in the playoffs.

The most clutch performance this team has had post season wise in this era, Harden was on the bench.

The game last night was encouraging and it is one of the reasons why I like Westbrook over cp3. Westbrook is just a different intensity and non wavering type of beast. I think Harden needs that because he's mostly so chill. They need Westbrook to keep the energy high.

If this season ends looking like they have peaked I'd still consider blowing it up. At the very least a new coach. But hopefully it doesn't come to that and Westbrook provides the right ingredients I hoped he woul .

Houstunna likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Broussard: I hope the Rockets learn & need to learn it doesn't need to be all Harden all the time. I would like that 38/23(Harden/Russ PPG) to be 33/26 or even lower for both when Gordon gets back. You need balance. They don't need Harden scoring 38. Sometimes less is more. I know you got branding & the sneakers and you're a superstar. That's what I hope they learn.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

people need to do this with their sneakers when they see this fuking invalid

13. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Are you referring to President Bush 43 as an invalid????

EDIT: Seems like you are referring to Broussard. Nonetheless, really not in good form regardless. I would be more cautious with your words.

Remlap likes this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we're not allowed to make political comments in this forum bro

juanm34 and rockets94-95 like this.
  15. Remlap

Remlap Member

BasketMAD watching the miracle comeback. . . . .

[​IMG]

juanm34, Deuce, BMoney and 5 others like this.
  16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The TNT guys were in heaven at halftime. Burying Houston.

Postgame was a completely different story lol

17. Remlap

Remlap Member

Kawhi and PG?
    WE know who the real 'Dynamic Duo' is. . . . .

[​IMG]

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

they are so fuking clueless they're way beyond any sort of hope or intervention

--- harden doesn't pass
    --- houston shoots only 3's
    --- westbrook has to go and take the ball out of harden's cold dead hands
    --- harden was in foul trouble

juanm34, D-rock and HoustonTexas like this.
  19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Rockets are on a higher dimension mentally than idiots like Chris Broussard. Westbrook is just one beginning to find his way with this group.

Rocket River likes this.
  20. tnluong84

tnluong84 Member

does anyone have any stats on how well/poorly Harden performs when being guarded by Beverley these 3 games? Every time I see Harden on Beverley, he either misses badly or turns the ball over.