1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 12/11/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

A dub is a dub but I hope they have a meeting over this game

2. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

not having Rivers hurts us defensively

Remlap, J Sizzle and BaselineFade like this.
  3. bmelo

bmelo Member

Not having a coach hurts more

4. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

If we lost that game, it was definitely time for us to move on from MDA. However, we got lucky with James being on fire! Our defense is train wreck when u let the Cavs hit you for 110. It looks as if MDA, James, and Russ have said we will just outscore them.

deb4rockets likes this.
  5. solid

solid Contributing Member

Those teams are used to being defended more competently. With the Rockets everything is easier. Same reason that scrub players have career nights. Rockets need a new coach and a new player or two. If they don't get seriously tweaked by All Star break, expect one and done come playoff time.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was thinking that last night too. If a couple bench injuries make us look so weak defensively, then MDA needs to change his strategy and start making more adjustments during the game when the guys can't make shots or defend the rim.

When it isn't working then fix it!! Put someone else in for some of those minutes. He milks that shoot it out mentality until the cow has dried up and stopped producing. Put in Hartenstein for Clint and Tucker when they rest and Clemons in for McLemore and House in situations like last night. I mean, he only threw Clemons in 9 minutes, yet he had one less point than both of them.

It's like he gets it in his mind that one guy can never outplay another on any single night. I raise the BS flag to that. Carve in to your set in stone rotations and be more creative. Time to make a change. Stop the "let them just shoot it out" mentality when we have absolutely no defense. James can't be expected or relied on to always dig us out of that hole we kept digging for far too long.

Also, Grinch Tillman, splurge vice submerge. There are much tougher team's we have to face, and our defense needs help desperately Don't you want to dominate your opponents and shut them down defensively with confidence? Open up your pockets por favor.

#606 deb4rockets, Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    solid, jboslett and snowconeman22 like this.
  7. Madclownpacasum

Who here has NBALeague pass for all Rocket games? I'm trying to review all this before purchasing

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I do. You'll have to supplement LP for the nationally televised games, which is roughly half the season.

hakeem94 and don grahamleone like this.
  9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Expecting MDA to make intellegent coaching adjustments and to focus on BOTH sides of the ball is asking too much...apparently.

10. Madclownpacasum

How much all for all Rocket games including nationally televised? I only care about the Rocket game

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad we got the W, but I'm really not liking how this team has played over the last several games. We approached this game like a preseason game. Giving up a 24-0 run to a team like this is embarrassing.

After that 8 game win streak we have played .500 ball and have significantly regressed on defense/focus again. Just don't have a very good feeling about this team... YET.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I supplement LP with Sling. The Sling orange package adds ESPN, and the blue package adds TNT. NBATV is an additional add-on (I think $5-ish/month). That covers just about all of it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. bmelo

bmelo Member

I have but im in europe. I can watch all games live and replay, choosing whichever broadcast i want (home/away/national tv). no problems neither on web or on ios/xbox apps.

14. JW86

JW86 Member

We live and die with Harden, which is not the best recipe for the playoffs but it’s all we have. We need to diversify.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's not all we have.

It's all our coach will care to implement, though.

bmelo likes this.
  16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

lmao

Worst team in the league confidently knew how easily we blow leads. That is so embarrassing.

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Would include playoff points

Lurch likes this.
  18. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Soon, when everyone hears knows about it, I'll stop telling that I love James Harden before saying anything that may be misread it.

But as a fan, as someone that sees it 80 to 100 times a year, don't you get the feeling sometimes, they kind of go on cruise control, to keep the game closet, to be able to keep scoring? I know it's a conspirationist, not so serious theory. But hey, it's a game thread

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

no

fryjol7 likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i was thinking of defense