1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO Series] Watchmen

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Aug 18, 2018.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Watch ep8 past the credits. There's a scene after the credits.

whiskeyred and tinman like this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Pretty damn good. Have no idea how they can move all the plot forward and conclude it in just one more episode. This series desperately needed to be two Seasons/ volumes, but I get it at the same time.

In the end the whole point is to show what happened between the events of the comic, and current day. The plot moving forward isn’t really the point. It’s more about filling in the holes in time which is the Lindelof formula for a show/movie.

The only problem with that is the tease of some really cool new characters in episode 1 like Looking Glass, Lady Treau etc. After introducing all of that, it just sort of throws the modern day plots out the window to go back in the past the rest of the series.

And WTF was the deal with that lube guy?? Come on Lindelof...

#142 dobro1229, Dec 8, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    Rocket River likes this.
  3. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

I think lube guy is Dale Petey.

arkoe likes this.
  4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

We watched the movie on Saturday. My wife had never seen it before, so it provided the backstory at last (and then some, given Veidt's location in 2009 and the show's dialogue,, i.e., "never ends"). I breathed a sigh of relief that she really liked the movie. The soundtrack helped.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is a fantastic show.
    Regina King is awesome and gorgeous

Rocket River

6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

There might be a season 2 or more according to Lindelof and an HBO executive which is great news.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Good news. Keep in mind Night Owl hasn’t been brought back yet. Theres the mystery about how he got locked up and Silk Spectre works with the govt now. There’s a ton they could cover in a season 2.

I just hope they don’t kill off Manhattan but seems like they are going there. Jeremy Irons def needs a more central role too where can interact with the main characters more in season 2.

8. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

I'm thinking that the season ends with Ozymandias out on his boat fishing for babies and he pulls up one that is blue.

edit - that might be the weirdest thing I've ever typed here.

Buck Turgidson and GRENDEL like this.
  9. cardpire

cardpire Member

completely randomly let this one continue playing through the credits....then on demand'd the first 7 to make sure i didn't miss any on those. turns out this was the only one?

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

lulz...I did the same thing. I never played through the credits except for this one ... listening to the credit music while in the kitchen. Replayed a couple old episodes to check for extra scenes, as well.

#150 heypartner, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    whiskeyred likes this.
  11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually that was a really important scene

whiskeyred likes this.
  12. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Seriously one of the finest TV shows I’ve ever seen. I truly thought this was a terrible idea when I first read about it - even in the hands of Lindelhof - but they shut me up pretty early on, pretty amazing to behold. Kudos to everyone involved, can’t wait for Sunday.

SamFisher and heypartner like this.
  13. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Yeah, kinda crazy it was post credits - like others I literally let the credits play and then heard it come on.

GRENDEL and tinman like this.
  14. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

What a finale!

tinman likes this.
  15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I didn't get the feeling the writers intend to have a second season. Have they already stated their intentions in an interview?

16. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

They definitely set up enough to warrant some sort of continuation; but it really does work well as a one-off thing.

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Lindolf said it's one and done for him but that some one else wants to do a second season he'd be fine with it.....personally I think it's best to leave it as a one off.....

18. Outlier

Outlier Member

I dont see them doing a second season. The story has nowhere to go without feeling forced. It could center around Owl guy, but thats about it.

19. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

What a great, great show. No second season is needed, though I'm fine with a Lube Man and Looking Glass spinoff.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Great show glad it proved the detractors wrong. I like to go back and listen to the people on YouTube whine about this show being woke because they dared to have a couple black leads.

I didn't like what they did with Looking Glass. He was gone for 3 episodes only to show up randomly as a henchmen and do nothing but throw up a couple times. Dude wiped out a whole crew of 7th Cavalry and still went unnoticed? unlikely.

#160 DreamShook, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019