1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

6th seed in the easiest western conference in years

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Nov 26, 2019.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

you know what the nice thing is? I honestly don’t really care if my posts hurt yours or anybody’s feelings. If the mods don’t like it they can shut it down. I think we have a group of delusional homers here that sniffle everytime they’re told there isn’t a pie in the sky. I’m doing something right, thanks for the reassurance Breh (heart) u

back to the main point, how do we revoke this trade and being back our hero CP? Worst case—how do we trade back for him ?

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Last year seemed like we were in sharp decline. I would not have bet on a Toronto series...

Coaching
    Grit (which Capela would show up)
    Cp3's durability
    Their bench....

Harden would've had to go supernova every winning game... With a Mario Elie or Sam Cassell sealing the deal for the last two wins

We needed a change, but this LTS-but-not-officially-LTS shenanigans (aka bold faced lies) by auctioning off picks and letting trade exceptions expire is not the Murrayball I come to know and expect

JackLordsHair66 likes this.
  3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

OK—-this is actually a fair & good point you make. This is the era of super teams and super friends so maybe harden forced the teams hand..but this also has Tillman written all over it. Like you said “ready to go all in” but not and trading draft picks to get under the cap. It’s a level we weren’t used to even under les.

what’s frustrating is that with Yao/brooks/lowry/Lin/Howard years there was a talent gap ..a clear divider from us and the rest. Harden and Paul showed that this team could ball with the best of them. So frustrating to see lost potential. To have one of the best offensive players of all time and shoot blank loads is unacceptable tbh

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you’ve been hanging around tinman too long

5. JackLordsHair66

SARCASM ;)

to an extent ... I meant Rockets finally have succeeded in meeting their over all organizational goal in a year it didn’t matter and it wont mean shite because we aren’t good enough as constructed to beat at least 7/8 other teams in both the West/East as a result of the terrible decision making in the FO last season.

Additionally, placating Harden (how involved was Tillman maybe we will never know) with the dumb CP/Russ trade giving up all we gave up was just a really questionably bad move that almost everyone, expert and causal fan alike, had pretty serious reservations about, and while we are competitive as always, no way are we good enough this year to win a ship. Of course the Warriors have all the these season affecting injuries that occur in a down year for them and at the beginning of the season ironically so it all but assures them of a very good draft pick... feels like it’s sort of the universe giving the middle finger to the Rockets once again for trying to do things right (just on the cheap w/Fertitta at the the helm) the last few years. Maybe it’s all karma for Moreys chronic “asset treatment of players”. It’s just very frustrating ... and before anyone says it, yes I know “it’s early in the season” yet - although a qtr of the season is basically in the books now, and I know we will do something by the trade deadline but the likelihood of that move being something significant based on our assets (tradable players) and picks I’d be shocked if anything gets done that moves the needle.

Agree with many other posters takes on OPs underestimation of how solid the rest of the West top 10 teams are and as a result we realistically fell further from contention than we were the prior two years imo.

#45 JackLordsHair66, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

it shouldn't really be a surprise...

this team basically rose to power with the Warriors but failed to beat them year after year and now the Warriors era is over, we will fall alongside them... although without accomplishing anything meaningful.

Difference is their rebuild will be faster than ours because unlike Bob Meyers, Morey doesn't value picks at all (because he sucks at drafting lol).

I wouldn't be surprised if Warriors somehow end up with #1 pick next summer and we'll be watching and thinking, wow.. this is like the Spurs drafting Duncan while already having Robinson.

7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was going to start a new thread...The pussification of ClutchCity/Clutchfans....no need for that now.

D-rock and juanm34 like this.
  8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Sadly, not just youngsters.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lakers have the best starting record since 72 win Warriors don’t they?

10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

What a ****ing stupid post!

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Without question he thinks that this is no schtick. That he’s the realist poster on clutchfans. It’s hilarious.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The West has more parity than its had since pre-Durant-Selling-His-Soul times.

Just because it's easier to win the WCF now doesn't mean it's easier to get there.

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

ARE YOU SERIOUS? They haven't even played 20 games....lol.

14. whozee

whozee Member

[​IMG]

juanm34 and Zboy like this.
  15. JackLordsHair66

Exactly and I wonder if Morey/Tillman didn’t anticipate some of the moves that were made by the Jazz, Mavs, Denver, LAC and LAL that made them ALL significantly better ? In the case of the two LA’a they were probably aware major improvement were on the way (Davis/Leonardo) and PG going to LAC unfortunately opened the door to the Russ trade for us. In fairness it was a perfect storm that made that trade go down, the tension between Harden and CP3 following the loss to GS again, the albatross CP3 contract for what looked like a fading former all star, then Russ becomes available and it’s one of Hardens fave bro’s. Again, even if CP3 is here we may be as bad or even a little worse but we aren’t out 4 picks and the contract from Russ is worse long term for what he’s given us so far.

I am leaving out the Butler pursuit as a way of improving because that never ever felt like it had strong legs to it and Jimmy is a first class flake and I all burn expected him to do what he did tbh. Had that happened hundreds of threads on this season would be very different. Had that happened and CP3 was here we still may have had issues with the bench but I think we’d have been in better shape going deeper into the season than this current crew does.

#55 JackLordsHair66, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    harold bingo and napalm06 like this.
  16. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Stay calm......we’re just coasting it.

17. JackLordsHair66

He didn’t get it after the 3rd time did he ?

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Because this is the season of seeds.

[​IMG]

Zboy likes this.
  19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan