1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. The Law

The Law Member

sounds like she is better off.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

nah, Leroy is good people around here, so don’t be a dick.

I’ve had in-law situations where they were so addicted to literally screaming at 24-7 cable “news” that the house was basically like a combat zone, where nobody could talk. No matter which network you want to blame, it sucks and is bad for families and our communities.

3. The Law

The Law Member

Don’t blame the Shepard, blame the sheep.

I don’t venture in here a ton because all of the politicians, red and blue, are douchebags. But it always amazes me when I see some many internet monikers devote so much energy to this nonsense.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Member when conservatives labeled Obama as a divisive president.

Boy o boy.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Oh so you are an enlightened centrist. Good for you. I wish I had your Zen like abilities.

6. The Law

The Law Member

I offer a class on the 2nd Tuesday of odd numbered months, during non leap years.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not an easy transition. Take care of yourself and keep finding the bright spots. Best of luck, sir.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You.
    Ain't.
    Bulls***tin'.

The loyalty Trump commands. The gullible stiff-necked 38%. How Republicans in both houses are openly lying unblinking at the cameras.

"This is just because the Democrats don't think they can win the election without it," said my dad about impeachment. It would've been like arguing with a drunk to bring up any damning testimony against Trump.

This country will be a long while, if ever, recovering from Donald Trump. Wittingly or not, he is Putin's stooge, and has sown more discord.....the most selfish, narcisstic scum that has ever aspired to the presidency.

Hopefully Dad will answer when I call him on Thanksgiving.

mikol13 and mdrowe00 like this.
  9. B-Bob

Well, I didn't even mean Trump, but yeah, I guess it is worse now. I remember what I used to call a "passion play" that Fox intentionally ran around-the-clock demonizing Obama and leading my mother-in-law to just scream every time he came on the TV (just like when Judas appears in an old school passion play touring the south).

Liberals also find their comfortable bubbles and now the orange one is also a demonic force. (Where I think, sure he's pretty awful, but he's more a symptom and a logical consequence than he is a cause, blah blah blah.)

Anyway, yes, I hope your dad picks up. Family is, to me, more important b/c we can make a difference there, the most local level. Other than voting every two years, we actually can't make too big a difference nationally, even though it upsets us so much. (Would take massive amounts of money or at least being comfortable enough to not have a job and just organize all the time.)

mdrowe00 likes this.
  10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm about to spend 4 days with my ultra-Trump wing radical family. They love to discuss politics. Ugh.

mikol13, Os Trigonum and B-Bob like this.
  11. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Threatening the media with jail. Wait a minute is this Russia or America. The sad part is the right base would cheer this sort of action. This is becoming a slippery slope.

12. B-Bob

[​IMG]

KingCheetah and justtxyank like this.
  13. justtxyank

Russia soon hopefully. I for one welcome our new Soviet overlords.

[​IMG]

14. justtxyank

Unlikely. I've committed to my wife to ignore all politics and politely decline when prodded (which will happen.)

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

kick ass and take names

B-Bob likes this.
  16. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...did the Nazis use slippery slopes or conveyor belts to feed their ovens?:D

...just asking...;)

Nook likes this.
  17. justtxyank

I'm here to own the Trump fans and chew bubblegum. Thankfully I have a lot of bubblegum.

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

My in-laws are extreme trump supporters. And they recently moved here from California, so gone are the "Gee, only three more days, I can survive".

B-Bob, justtxyank and FranchiseBlade like this.
  19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When they start yelling about liberals and Democrats just ask them why they hate? You want to share time with a loving family. Why do they let their hate influence their politics?

I'm just kidding. I know I would be tempted to start laughing and making smart ass comments, but really it's a no-win situation.

20. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

I'm lucky, I guess. My in-laws (former Air Force) are firmly anti-Trump. My dad, who is former Army, who once got into a political argument with one of his brothers-in-law when the BiL spoke badly about W and then didn't speak to said BiL for several years, and once got VERY mad at me when in high school I found an old Nixon campaign button in his desk and I laughed about it ("Nixon was a DAMN good president)...has recently announced that he's Libertarian now. Trump and his ilk managed to chase him away from the ol' GOP.

RayRay10 likes this.