1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spoiled children: Wake up.....and appreciate what we've had/have.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 21, 2019.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

Oh boy here we go again. All you homers see what you want to see. We all know this team can win a bunch of games and JH is genius. The problem for couple of years now is those mental lapses and basic scheming that doesnt work against elite defenses and until it works i have no reason to believe it will. You cant win championship(while obviously playing healthy opponents) with 6’4 center and with one guy taking all the shots. You cant win championship without midrange threat. This is not real basketball and while i enjoy this team my brain tells me they are gonna have a ****ing hard time against la, bucks and 76. And for me its Morey fault. He totaly ****ed up this 17-18 squad who seemed flawless. You had long wings with driving and shooting threat. JH on isolation, Cp for Halfcourt and midrange counter. Rim protection from Capela, prime EG from the bench. there was different looks... 3pt shooting five, defending five, tall/small fives, running and gunning fives...We almost knocked off gsw and then it all went downward in the following offseason. Of course we can win with anyone but vegas odds are no coincidence. Harden cant play that good through all the playoffs, he gonna have bad stretches and thats when our plan goes to toilet

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ariza and Luc were going to age and become worse though, I agree he didn't follow up with younger successors.

Championship odds were always there but we were never the real favorites.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya, it's pretty pathetic. Imagine being so invested in a team fan discussion board you have a list of posters memorized that you deem overly critical of the team.

It's toxic **** like this that makes the GARM insufferable. Some posters don't understand that a giant circle jerk isn't the intended point of a discussion board.

bmelo likes this.
  4. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Why am I tagged here? At what point have I ever enjoyed the team struggling? When have I ever started a negative thread (or started a thread period)? Or even posted in a game thread? When have I called anyone a homer? I challenge you to find a post where I've done any of these things.

5. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Dude like I’m literally in every game thread supporting the team through good and bad. He may finally be losing it.

6. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

If you ignore a bunch of the words, sure? If it please you.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

My Rockets Right or Wrong

American flag.gif

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The question is what is getting us so spoiled?

Numbers of Finals appearances might not be it......

Os Trigonum likes this.
  10. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

11. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

anyone else read this in Francis's voice?

MVP4THREE likes this.
  12. MVP4THREE

MVP4THREE Member

[​IMG]

5 STAR THREAD

Plowman likes this.
  13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I miss Don Knock. Which begs the question of him:

Os Trigonum likes this.
  14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Harden

unless u can name a player who could have single handedly took the Rockets to the finals

D-rock likes this.
  15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah its the BS which is bothersome.. body language, laziest player in the league, owes fans a finals appearance/championship...

17. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

The knee jerk reactions from other posters is annoying for sure.

I love this rockets team and James harden - he doesn’t get enough credit, but maybe he is starting to. If it weren’t for GSW, we may have hoisted another trophy by now.

That said, I do think we need another wing, and iso-ball hasn’t proven to be as effective in the playoffs. Hoping we hit full stride come playoffs.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  19. cmutt

cmutt Member

Great post!

I've been saying very similar things many times, in various other threads... albeit, perhaps not as eloquently, or as neutrally as you've said them here. My posts on this particular matter are probably a little more critical in their overall tone... but my basic thoughts and premises have been pretty much the same as yours here.

I'm glad to see that there are others (in this forum) who have similar thoughts and feelings about this topic, because it's kind of frustrating to see so many people get so upset, get so up-in-arms, get so defensive, so dismissive, and so argumentative... almost any time anyone criticizes anything regarding D'Antoni and/or Harden. As you said, the forum is meant for sharing thoughts and ideas and engaging in discussions... but unfortunately, many don't see it that way.

Indeed, the jury is still out on whether the Rockets will figure it out or not. My firm belief is that D'Antoni is gonna have to be the catalyst, in terms of providing the necessary guidance, structure, and control in overcoming the opposing teams defensive schemes... especially come playoff time. I simply don't think that Harden and Westbrook will figure it out on their own. They need the coach to provide stable leadership, and make necessary adjustments. (And so far these past few years... D'Antoni hasn't made any necessary adjustments)

But we shall see, it's still early in the season.

#80 cmutt, Nov 22, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    sirbaihu likes this.