1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Disney+] Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Deuce, Oct 6, 2018.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m liking it

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

saw episode 2.

it's like playing an rpg. finish a side quest to continue.

justtxyank, daywalker02 and Entropy like this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I like it too, but we all know, if this wasn't Star Wars, people would be wondering what was the point or say it was boring and nothing was happening.

I guess with Star Wars, less is more.

#123 DreamShook, Nov 18, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    justtxyank and Jontro like this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

true. the star wars name is what's selling this. they used boba fett to hook us in and then yoda to get us to come back. the story isn't anything great, but who could deny baby yoda?

DreamShook likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Disney about to make a killing on this Baby Yoda.

B-Bob, Deuce and Jontro like this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

tbh i'm ready to spend on some baby yoda merch

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Imagine being in a vault for the last 55 years, and not knowing what Starwars was, then you saw Mandalorian first instead of the Original Films....

If your heart cannot warm up to the many critters and creatures, it is on you! ;)

j/k

DreamShook likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Story is great to me, I always wondered about the Origin story of Boba Fett.

Journey stories are always interesting to me, galactic journeys especially.

Having guys like Werner Herzog who is well known in the filmmaker scene, makes it much more enjoyable.

Carano is about to join in.

The only griping is about the 30 minutes, it feels more like mini web stories than a real TV series.

#128 daywalker02, Nov 18, 2019
    Jontro likes this.
  9. marky :)

marky :) Member

Was pretty disappointed as well. 2nd episode felt like 15mins.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I like the spaghetti western vibe the show is going for. It's basically a live action version of the animated clone wars.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

yeah, it's like watching an episode of avatar aang.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Batman. Tell me this didn't come to mind.

[​IMG]

Deckard, Air Yordan, Joshfast and 3 others like this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Ok, you guys know I was hyped for this series. I started the thread and kept it populated.

Well, saw the first 2 episodes of The Mandalorian and enjoyed both very much. One of my favorite aspects to the original Star Wars was the look and feel of Tatooine and the Creature Cantina. That same feel is present in this show and I love it. Basically a space western. Everything feels really organic and not slick. The CGI elements are done well and not over done. The score of the show is excellent as well. Looking forward to the upcoming episodes. My only complaint is I wish each one was a full hour. They have done an excellent job on this so far and it has met my high expectations.

Episode 2 kind of had me thinking about Indiana Jones as well. Nice.

justtxyank and Nook like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They lifted some of the Mandalorain/Jawa Sandcrawler action framing from Indiana Jones.

Deuce likes this.
  16. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

So far so good. there are plenty of things to nitpick, but hopefully they look at the small details and iron them out. Biggest complaint is like everyone else, need more minutes....

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I’m not liking the 30 minute episodes. I like it but it has a Saturday matinee feel to it. I was thinking this would turn into the next big thing after GOT but it seems pretty obvious that’s not going to happen.

I’m hopping the Obi Wan Kenobi series will be more epic.

K mf G likes this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I love it. There is way too much content out there and not enough time in the day. I'm already watching a bunch of stuff at 2x speed just to catch up. I don't need this to be 45 mins to an hour.

I'm a Star Wars fan but not a purist though.

Jontro likes this.
  19. PhiSlammaJamma

Thank god there was limited dialogue, because that dialogue in episode one was flat out crap. Baby Yoda saved the whole thing. Episode 2 was much better. Graphics are excellent once you get used to the old star wars vibe and feel. They felt a bit off early in 4k but it comes together by episode 2. Big gripes would be the batman climb, killing off the cool robot ( why do that you idiots ), the mandy flashback seemed to convenient, the blue guy's dialogue, yoda feeding, and the helmet issue ( see the Green Goblin please ). Characters are generally good so far except the blue guy who has to use the back tube, but the dialogue is really bad so thankful they don't need to talk much in this. Story was a little choppy in parts, but it's a pilot so what you gonna do.

As for the amateur bounty hunter, agree we all wanted bad ass, me too, but he has to develop somehow since it's a series so think they had to do it. But there is this weird dichotomy of him being part bad ass, and part normal. Probably should have just started with his being a rookie all the way.

But off too a solid start with Yoda. Passable episodes given we know the world. Worth watching and coming back for more. Disney + is promising a lot and if they can deliver, wow.

#139 PhiSlammaJamma, Nov 18, 2019
  20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Caught the first two episodes last night, tons of easter eggs for SW diehards....I liked it and will probably keep watching.

Tone is bit lighter than I thought it'd be but solid, I'll throw in that I've never been a hard core SW fans....

Deuce likes this.