1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 13 Told Us a Tremendous Amount About the Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Nov 16, 2019.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

This game tonight against the T-Wolves was about the easiest excuse to take the night off this team may see all year.
    • missing 3 starters and 4 of our top 6 guys (Westbrook, Capela, House, EG)
    • playing the back end of a back-to-back
    • having to travel after last night
    • our 39-year-old backup C played 167% of his minute restriction the previous night
    • Harden and PJ each played 40 minutes last night, McLemore 33 and Rivers 30
    • having to rely on our 4th-string center
    • having to rely on an untested rookie G
    • T-Mac screwing up the damn Heineken order again
    Seriously, this was a game the Rockets could have given a solid first-half effort, then taken the rest of the game off because they had all sorts of excuses lined up for a loss. Nobody would have thought too much about them fading in the second half under these circumstances, especially coming off a 6-game win streak.

Instead, they manned up and got the job done. No bad performances AT ALL (Chandler can be forgiven for looking a bit tired). Everyone contributed. And Harden nearly got half a Benjamin.

This was a big, big win, the kind you can build on.

#1 topfive, Nov 16, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The next 4 may tell us more. Our schedule of late has been very easy, this back to back not withstanding. We have playoff caliber competition coming up.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The young guys are hungry. The normal rotation guys need to wake up.

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

At the start of the season i felt like i was watching the worst good team ever, but they seem to actually putting in the yards now.

Mr.Scary, bmelo, BallSoHarden and 4 others like this.
  5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Amen

topfive and D-rock like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

This team has heart...and balls the size of the moon.

Every single player answered the bell when their name was called.

Even Clark put up 3 points in 1 minute played.

7. JackLordsHair66

Definitely a good win given all the possible reasons to realistically Mail it in, was really impressed but we have some tough opponents coming up if we split, or better, go say 3-1 I’ll start really believing anything is possible with this team !!

D-rock likes this.
  8. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

You are right ,the main reason this team got heart is because of Westbrook, theres no one in the league that plays with more heart than westbrook,since hes a leader ,he has the team following him and harden ,I believe he has motivated harden to play with more grit and determination aswell.

9. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

We've played well against good competition already and arguably the best teams. Bucks, Clippers and now T'wolves. This season doesn't have the juggernauts of seasons past, I say this with all seriousness and have said this from the day this season started, The rockets can beat most of the "contender's" with just Harden. That spurs team we played a few years back under Pops system had Kawhi Leonard in his prime, Lamarcus in his prime, Parker was still good and we almost beat them with Harden, Beverley, Gordon, Ariza and Ryan Anderson, Last year's Harden and role players including "Chris Paul" being a role player was good enough to beat the jazz in 5 and a competitive series vs the Warriors. This season doesn't have as great the competition as years past besides possibly the Clippers with PG and Kawhi

10. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

lmao! Game me a ****ing break, Harden has carried this team with Westbrook bricking shots at an alarming rate. I hate how quickly you are to give credit to Westbrook when he didn’t even play but can’t give it to Harden who’s been doing this for 3 years. Gtfoh.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The poster is clearly talking about effort and determination even when he is not playing well. He always plays with a mean streak and it carriers over to other guys as well.

Harden is more reserved in general. I think that aspect alone helps the Rockets.

Otherwise I hope you find someone to give you a hug.

Good luck

Red Nation RGV, ribbit, bmelo and 2 others like this.
  12. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

We all knew going into the season it that there would be an adjustment period. In the first six games the team was playing way too fast, almost like when pickup games devolve into full-court layup drills. As a result, the defense looked like chit and predictably people panicked. Fast-forward through the last seven wins, they've now settled down and started smacking teams.

Oh, and Harden's an animal.

This team is going to be nice.

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It’s never about who the Rockets play... always about how the Rockets play. Gotta play right.

14. Chamillionaire

Last 7 games (winning streak)

Rockets’ ORtg w/Harden on court: 114.4
    Rockets’ DRtg w/Harden on court: 95.9
    NET On court: +18.5 per 100 possessions

Rockets’ ORtg w/Harden off court: 97.3
    Rockets’ DRtg w/Harden off court: 108.8
    Rockets’ NET with Harden off court: -11.5 per 100 possessions

Harden NET On-Off: +30 per 100 possessions

43/8/7 on 60.9% TS

They’re BLOWING TEAMS out with him on court, playing great defense AND he’s creating all the offense. This is something that’s not of this universe right now and people can’t appreciate it.

#14 Chamillionaire, Nov 17, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  15. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Is that 95.9 rating supposed to be with harden on the court? Not off. Otherwise very interesting.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hes gone too far perhaps but you gotaa love the westbrooks cheering and all..he has great intangibles

17. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

That blowout game really had me depressed (sports wise) about having to watch the entire season with the team playing with no heart. This has been an suprise that even with this many injuries Harden is playing like they put him in God mode, and players around him have stepped up. Besides Selfosha. Still don't like that guy. Think we to add another wing that has length defense and can shoot.

BaselineFade, D-rock and topfive like this.
  18. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I think this says a lot too. Harden is surprisingly getting so much positive press this year. Why now? I mean, he deserves it. I’m happy that it’s finally coming and he seems like he’s truly being recognized for his greatness. It’s just odd that it’s coming now and not much in past seasons.

No Durant and Curry? Whatever the reason, James deserves it and it feels good.

I love what I saw from the young guys last night. The team is playing with real passion. Feels good.

19. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Yeah Clark was on pace to get 100 points if he played a full game.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is doing it earlier than in the last years too... usually his surge begins around the end of November to start of December, he really got it going in December.

mikol13 likes this.