1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Maury is trying to land another "wing"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Yordan, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think Barnes is very available but we can't trade for him and tbh, we don't even need him with House, Oubre is much more talented and still pretty so, i still wouldn't mind getting him, but i guess he's available at this point, but i agree, we need more a PF kind of player.

2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Marvin Williams in Charlotte is a perfect candidate, but, because he’s making 14 million this season, it would take a three-team trade to make it happen or he has to be bought out and choose to sign with the Rockets later this season.

joshuaao likes this.
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Boucher from the Raptors should be our target right now considering we have no big contracts and a glaring hole at PF / C besides Capela and PJ (who needs his minutes reduced)

I'd offer a first for him at this point or multiple seconds. He's almost 27 so he shouldn't be impossible to convince Ujiri to trade.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Boucher is a rising stud for Raptors.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm not sure a low pick first would be enough for him, but i'm also not sure which first we can even trade away now that OKC owns half our draft

J Sizzle likes this.
  6. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

Boucher isnt so "young" though but I do like him. Hes nearly 27?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

FWIW The Rockets like Torrey Craig

8. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Tough defender. Denver has a stupid amount of depth even without him and is just a hair below the luxury tax. Good target in a trade.

Marvin and MKG from Charlotte are two wings I hope shake free in the buyout market, but we need depth asap so a trade may be the way to go.

JamalP., Nook and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. DVauthrin

He’s basically the Nuggets’ version of Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and would be a good acquisition. The Nuggets have way too much wing depth with Barton, Porter, Jr., Hernangomez and Craig.

Nook and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He's had three good games.

Getting a first for a guy they signed as an UDFA is a coup. If they don't want to trade him maybe Anunoby would be available for even more (our two remaining firsts). If they don't want to trade either maybe RHJ, Stanley Johnson, Patrick McCaw or Norman Powell would be available for much less (maybe for a 2nd)? They have wayyyy too many forwards and we have almost none.

Rudyc281 and pippendagimp like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Like him how much?

12. HROZ

HROZ Member

Craig would be awesome.
    Any forward on the nuggets would be great frankly. Any of them fall out of favour we need to make a run.

Marcus Morris from the Knicks has to be available (though in 2-3 months I guess) Again not sure what (Probably Gordon or Capela) we would need to give up.

Crowder has to be available too. And I think would be a good pickup. Ariza would be decent & Barnes(for Barnes we would need to give up Capela I don't see that happening) but Kings have recovered from their slow start so they might push for a spot. (despite injuries)

Unfortunately looks like Bobcats will be pushing for a spot in the weak east so they won't cut anyone.

I'm in love with Robert Covington but no way we get him. But damn I want him.

Unfortunately our biggest tradable piece is probably Nene. And he isn't making much after NBA effd us over.

MONON and snowconeman22 like this.
  13. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Melo is also available.

14. foggy94

foggy94 Member

If we wanted another Corey Brewer we could just go get Corey Brewer.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Oubre is my choice too. Acquiring a PF will be harder in my opinion, despite our pressing need for one.

Vivi likes this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

@treyk3 tbh i don't know how good that guy really is, and if he is that good i don't think Ujiri will traded him.

I don't even think we have the salaries to match Marvin's contract, pretty sure he makes around 13/14M this season.

saleem likes this.
  17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Out of the question in my opinion. Ujiri will hold onto him like Pascal.

D-rock likes this.
  18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

known...how?

D-rock likes this.
  19. DVauthrin

I’m aware. I said that in the post you quoted.

saleem and Vivi like this.
  20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Chicken Wings is all Tilman can afford.

slothy420 and tycoonchip like this.