1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Solved: What We Need to Win The Championship This Year!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FANfrom86toNow, Nov 4, 2019.

1. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

hope it was therapeutic, we all can use some of that with the way the Rockets are playing

napalm06 and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Winning is fun.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

But it's a special random trade idea because it will guarantee us a championship! Therefore, I.D.I.O.G.D.T.

4. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Gtfoh ,love is not a 5 ,we are already struggling defensively everytime he puts a small ball lineup ,if u want to fix the defense ,then u trade clint for another 5 who can dunk,but can also defend ,u trade for another pf that can defend the paint ,u bench Austin ,and stop putting small ball lineups so far we are getting killed when they are out there.

5. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

While I normally wouldn't disagree with you, the problem with what you want is MDA. He isn't going to play a traditional center in crunch time that can't shoot a good percentage 3 pt shot. He has proven this time and time again, even when the other team has a traditional center in the game. So wishing small ball goes away as a solution isn't an option as long as MDA is the coach. If he ever becomes not our coach, then your point will have more weight.

But I would MUCH RATHER have Love as my small ball 5 with Tucker beside him as a 4, compared to MDA running out Tucker as 5 and House or Sefolosha as the 4. Love shoots above 40% from 3 and is one of the top 5 rebounders in the league currently at 15.3 per gm. As long as MDA is the coach, I can't think of a better small ball 5 than Love.....that is AVAILABLE.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

MIke D'antony: Eric, we've decided this year to play at an insane pace that lets anybody shoot at anytime, give the keys to Russ to run like crazy, oh and we're going to pretty much dial it back on defense to go for the first two things, Jeff ain't here anymore, so just who cares. Sounds pretty fun right?

Eric Gordon: Meh, what if we all just live in a computer simulation?

napalm06 likes this.
  7. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

for whatever reason, clint has had really low energy in almost every single game this season. he was running like a thoroughbred in preseason and destroying other bigs... but once the regular season began, it doesn't seem like he's giving max effort.

so much for feigen's puff piece saying clint plans to dominate mda.

harden taking 15-20 3 pointers a game and making only 2-3 also doesn't help. seems like half of those misses have led to easy transition buckets for the other team every game.

8. TheresTheDagger

Found the moment CC lost his playing ability:

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Genius....and INGENIOUS at the same time!!! I don't think we could do better unless we hired a 24-year-old Fertitta heir!

[​IMG]

10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

but was it random - or is it intentional?

;) lol

Os Trigonum likes this.
  11. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Is this is a good thread or no? Asking for a friend

12. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

house is too deep in the game!

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Must be Ebola!

14. leangle25

leangle25 Member

Players i would love to have: Davis Bertans over Ryan Anderson, Jae Crowder over Thabo, Dmo over Hartenstein, Love over Capela. And could we get Montrezl/Faried back as well? :,)

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What we need to win a championship?

How about beating a good team.

The four teams we beat so far have a combined record of 6-19. Talk about a soft schedule.

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I got to the part where you said trade for Kevin Love and …. quit reading.

17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If this happened I would be Happy to let Westbrook stay in Houston.

18. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

As long as MDA is the coach, he will continue to use small ball lineups in crunch time. Can you think of a better small ball 5 that is 1) reasonably attainable, 2) can hit 40% 3 pointers, and 3) can rebound extremely well? If so, I'm all for getting him over Love if that's possible. If you just want MDA to stop using small ball lineups with Tucker as your 5, then you might have better luck playing lotto. I would rather have Love playing small ball 5 and Tucker as small ball 4, then ANY lineup where Tucker is our small ball 5 and anyone else on this team is the 4. Just my opinion.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Our 5 needs to be a rim running , rebounding defensive machine …. Not a 3 point shooter.

Too bad Capela is not the rebounding defensive machine part.

I don't want to see anymore of the smallball 5 …. Tucker's undersized as a 4 much less 5.

MDA is probably a lame duck …. and if they keep this up , he may be gone sooner than later.
    Then maybe we get a coach who teaches defense , holds players accountable , isn't afraid to play young guys (expand the rotation) … and doesn't go small outside of specific circumstances.

#39 Corrosion, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  20. Madclownpacasum

I would prefer Ibaka over KLove. It makes sense also for Raptors because they clearly need to get young with Pascal and Vanvleet. Ibaka will give us shooting and rim protection stays. Plus it's OKC reunion for them