1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

CBD Products

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cebu, Oct 29, 2019.

1. cebu

cebu Member

Anybody here uses CBD products? What brand do you recommend?

Thanks.

TWS1986 likes this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You wanna get high bro?

IBTL likes this.
  3. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Oh yeah. I've taken numerous brands for chronic back pain, and have recently settled on this one, for its modest price and because it's effective. I've found some brands did little or nothing for me. (I take the Pure 750)

I'm not an expert on the topic, but I also recommend the Let's Be Blunt podcast with Montell Williams for those wanting to educate themselves on the health benefits of medical mar1juana.

Note: the above link and product I've recommended is hemp derived.

cebu likes this.
  4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I don't think CBD does anything. Tried it multiple times to no avail. Regular weed is better

London'sBurning, cebu and Surfguy like this.
  5. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I have to take well above the recommend dose to get any pain relief--maybe 50 milligrams of CBD. (There's 750 milligrams in the entire bottle.) Like fish oil, you have to be on it a while before you will see any benefits.

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

What ailment were you using it for? It could be that CBD is only useful for for certain people with certain ailments.

CBD seems to be advertised as almost a cure all by people selling it. This of course is false. It may end up that CBD is helpful to only a small percentage of people. The medical community does seem to agree that CBD has been useful for some people.

At this point I view CBD as a fad. I haven't tried it for any of my ailments, but I might.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I tried after a few different ski injuries. Multiple rotator cuff tears, back pain, etc.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You do realize it’s a bunch of vullshit right?

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I bought some CBD from Charlottes Web for anxiety to see what it was all about. Didn't feel any difference and didn't help me sleep either. It's a sugar pill.

10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I have a CBD salve stick my acupuncturist gave me. It works wonders on sore muscles and minor aches and pains.

I burned my fingers on a new pan a few months back and used it on the fresh burns and it worked better than anything I’ve ever used before. I’ll never use anything else for burns again.

FrontRunner likes this.
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

MLM

12. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Idk what brand but I got some gummies that help me sleep. Havent noticed it helping much else but def makes me sleepy!

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I'm using SunMed.

14. cebu

cebu Member

Si patron.

15. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

I use Mary Jane's Salve (Colorado) at 44mg for back and hip pain. Works about as well as an Aleve maybe even a little better. YMMV.

16. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

except it's not MLM

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Except... when it is.

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I have a hard time with this, like knowing if we're even getting CBD, it's similar to vitamins where we basically take their word for it. There needs to be more studying done and some sort of actual product regulation, but from some of the early reports it definitely helps certain symptoms.

With that said... I'd probably be using it, and it'd have a small amount of THC, and I'd keep using it a lot, and eventually get some kind of result out of it... ie either the cbd did something or I got just enough THC. I've tried both at separate times, cbd and then THC - obviously we all know what worked... A lot better, haha.

They just need to legalize it all, research the **** out of it and not have mj listed as a schedule 1 drug. That's why we're basically in the stoneage on the research in both cbd and thc

With that said... How are most of you taking the cbd, food/ointment/lotions etc or vape? I've only tried vape but wouldn't mind trying again if something works well, still dealing with back and neck PT... Neck is improving, but my back... Sucks

RustyHarden, cebu and likestohypeguy like this.
  19. likestohypeguy

This year I've tried (all full spectrum, sublingual drops):

Pinnacle- their 300mg was among the best in effect, taste, and value; so went for their 1800mg and it was much less so. Even the mfr admits massive inconsistency among all this stuff because different batches come from different plant source. If I could buy a case of THAT 300mg bottle, I would, but can't count on their consistency.

Pachama 1750mg the absolute worst tasting, effect good.

Canazil 1500mg- bad taste, and zero effect (watch out for labels claiming "full spectrum X mg", but some portion of those mg's are not CBD but some other supplement). Only one I didn't bother finishing.

Leafywell 500mg- among best taste and effect, too pricey. My favorite.

Endoca 1500mg- up there with leafywell with taste consistency and effect, euro import, also too pricey, and careful of leaky bottle caps.

This stuff does work, for me. Pain, sleep, anxiety. But the best thing about them is appetite. It somehow simultaneously acts as an appetite suppressant then stimulant- I'm not hungry for much longer, don't even think about eating for most of the day, until all of a sudden I'm super hungry. Almost like the munchies, except instead of the usual cravings, a salad/pbj/and sparkling water somehow tastes as amazing as fast food sodas and sweets do after smoking the real thing, except I keep going way past being full when doing the latter.

My verdict going forward, I just can't justify the price for the ones I really like and can count on, and the others are too inconsistent or not good enough. My doctor advised me to stop taking, said she can give me meds for anxiety that I at least know what's in them (edit or she knows I guess) and is the same from batch to batch, and take melatonin and magnesium for sleep. The appetite thing is more a recreational aspect for me. I can lose weight on my own. Also I end up taking more and more of this stuff, bigger doses more often. Will be researching the anxiety meds she advised between now and next month, see if one of those work better.

20. cebu

cebu Member

Thanks man!