1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series: Astros vs. Nationals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 22, 2019.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Did you quote the wrong person? That's what I implied???

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

That's what I'm hoping for, a good 2-3 years.

htwnbandit likes this.
  3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Congrats to the Nationals... They really did the unthinkable this year. Beating LA and the Astros to a title. While I am stunned at how the last game of this amazing season went, I really wish the Astros had pitched Verlander tonight and had Grienke go yesterday.

Grienke. You played like a champion and it sucks we couldnt get you this title.
    Cole. Thank you for being an amazing player to wear our uniform, and wish you nothing but the best
    Altuve... for one of the greatest moments in Astros/Baseball history.
    Springer... for being the leading HR hitter of this team.
    Correa...for your game winners
    Bregs for being the cocky dude you are...
    Gurriel for being so damn clutch...
    Alvarez for giving our future so much hope
    Verlander for having a great Cy young season
    Brantley for being Mr Consistent

Astros...we will see yall next year! Go Stros!

4. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

User name checks out

CometsWin and htwnbandit like this.
  5. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

It's a badge of honor. Majority of baseball sees the Astros as one of the big dogs now. They were the darlings back in '17 especially after beating the Red Sox, Yankees, and Dodgers. Osuna just gives them a "convenient" excuse (which is hilarious especially coming from Yankees fans)

htwnbandit and JayGoogle like this.
  6. astros123

astros123 Member

Fk man sorry im just so pissed. If you were at the game you would fkin understand. When Cole ran towards the bullpen from the dugout, it seemed like a Jordan monent. The entire stadium was in Awe.

7. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Are the Nats now the first team to beat two 100 win teams in the playoffs?

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Call me crazy but I still think Houston should have a parade. Aside from the final outcome decided by one game, we had a really great season. I think these Astros still deserve to be honored.

9. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Still better than being a Cowboys or Dodgers fan who haven't won this century

Aware likes this.
  10. HouClone

HouClone Member

Hope this game helps steer Scott Boras clients to the Astros knowing Hinch has their back. Cole could have come in earlier, but Hinch thought process, be it 15% of it, was that he didnt want to damage Cole and Boras from a big payday if Cole got hurt.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree, I was just reading that quote from Cole "It was fun being in Houston..." and I haven't heard it...sounds like he was frustrated.

Hinch just made every wrong move tonight. Sigh.

everyday eddie and jcee15 like this.
  12. astros123

astros123 Member

dude get real. Without Cole we wouldnt even be here tonight. Do you really expect our offense to be better next season? Tuve had a career year in the offseason. Brantley was somehow healthy all year for the first time. Do you really expect our offense to be better next season?

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  13. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

Nice post. Was a great season

14. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I guarantee you that not one of those players would want that. Especially with losing the series up 3-2 going home. Maybe the fans cheer them as the leave the stadium, but I doubt they allow that much in the playoffs.

15. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

you dont get a parade for being a choke loser. Parades are only for winners not losers.

youknowme, htwnbandit and Tomstro like this.
  16. astros123

astros123 Member

I legit feel bad for Cole. You could just tell he was ready to pitch. Fkin hinch fkd this up. **** YOU HINCH

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Well... turns out Cole getting lit up Game 1 was the beginning of the end. He hadn't lost a game in almost half a calendar.

JV basically sucked, plus the bats were unlucky overall relative to the Nats. Astros had more hard contact this series, yet had less hits from said contact.

This series was basically BOS last season, except the Nats were a little less lucky.

Sox's luck was Maldy's inability catching the ball and Bradley going Babe Ruth. Then there's our injuries that series. Altuve and Correa played, but they weren't healthy. If regular season, they would've DNP'd.

Houston is just so unlucky most of the time... smh. Dammit man.

A healthy Chris Paul hammy would make this feel better. But nah. Can't have that either.

So unfortunate, man. Damn.

Remember, Stros had to be one of biggest laughing stocks in sports to even reach this point.

Don't get me started on Harvey's possible influence on the only championship.

lw17 likes this.
  18. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

19. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Can’t believe the best manager in baseball ****ed up so many times tonight.

But AJ didn’t leave all those men on base.

Congrats to the Nats. Well played and well deserved.

Except for Soto. **** you Soto I would have put one between your shoulder blades with first base open late in the game

20. astros123

astros123 Member

LOL a parade? You want to have a parade that the heaviest favorite in the past 25 years just lost?

This team will be lucky to win a 100 games next season. Call me paranoid but i see major regression with our SP next season. Do you really think we even get past the Rays this season without Cole?

htwnbandit and Tomstro like this.