1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series: Astros vs. Nationals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 22, 2019.

1. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Yep. Just like the Yankees were faced with the task of having to win one of the JV / Cole pitched games in order to win the series so are we. So far 0-3 in Scherzer / Strassberg pitched games. If we want that trophy we have to beat the best. So. Go out tomorrow and TAKE IT BACK DAMNIT

jcee15 likes this.
  2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

At least JV isn’t the starting pitcher for Game 7. Hey oh!

3. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Yea. last playoff game I went to I was on the third row at 1st base. Place was mad hopping. Energy was awesome. Then Pujols took out Lidge's soul and ran prison train on him and left him a quivering jello mold. Have not gone back in that building for a post season game since.

LonghornFan likes this.
  4. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Man reading these posts show the Nationals are in the fans heads. Come on. Hope this isn't the case for the Team.

5. Pipedream

Pipedream Contributing Member

I'm a fan of baseball history. The 1924 World Series, Walter Johnson lost two games but came on in shutdown relief in Game 7 into extra innings and won. You never know...sounds like a good script for Verlander

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

10,000+ posts in this thread. Majority of them were decent

Anyone recall the post count of the WS Dodgers thread? Or '17 ALCS ?

7. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I suppose you just don't want to count ALCS game one?

8. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Still talking about Verlander? Dude suck!

9. HTM

HTM Member

It would be Cole in this scenario tonight I suspect.

10. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

Oddly calm about tonight. I feel the exact same way I did game 7 against the Dodgers. Just go out and leave it all on the field, last game of the season. Go Stros!

htwnbandit likes this.
  11. Poloshirtbandit

If Grienke is around 80 to 90 pitches in the 5th inning I'd say go to Urquidy for an inning or two then go to the usual rotation Harris/Smith (or Pressly)/Osuna

12. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Winning recipe for tonight:
    1. Greinke for 3 innings - this will let him cut loose on his FB and pickup a couple of MPH since he's not saving anything for late in the game.
    2. Cole for 2 innings - ride him hard since he's gone anyway. He's had 2 full days rest, plus all day today!
    3. Jose Luis Hernandez Urquidy; el Orgullo de Mazatlan: 1-2 innings depending on how hot the mole sauce was at lunch
    5. Will Harris in a high leverage spot in the 6th through 8th as needed - mouth full of chew for maximum alertness
    6. Tyler White for no innings
    7. Joe Smith for an inning; Pressly warmed in case Smith is throwing cement mixers
    8. Roberto Osuna for an inning

Fans: Be loud and bring your mirrors and laser pointers to blind Nationals' hitters
    Players wives - have the tittays at the ready for flashing purposes
    Umpires: Bring the defibrillator paddles for Dave Martinez in case of cardiac arrest

GOOD DAY

13. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Yeah, that's what I've been thinking in regards to explaining the home field non-advantage in this series. We haven't been able to beat their two aces in three starts while they've done enough to win against ours 3 out of 4 starts all of which occurred in Houston. As for the discussion on Greinke tonight? I'll tell it like I see it. I was ecstatic when the Astros traded for Greinke at the trade deadline, but in most of his starts since becoming an Astro, I feel he's given up too many hits and runs to be considered an ace. He's more like a former ace who is still good, but past his prime.....not consistently dependable for 7 or 8 solid innings even though he did give the Astros that in game 3. And unless Scherzer's performance is affected by his neck injury tonight, the starting pitching match-up is advantage Nationals. It will be up to the Astros' bats to figure out how to crack a pretty hard nut.

everyday eddie likes this.
  14. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Let's call him injured and activate Wade Miley. I am sure that will give us a better chance.

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Take it Back!! If Greinke gets this win he has my MVP vote! Go Stros!

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If you would have told me when we were down 0-2 that we would have Grienke starting game 7, I would have taken it in a hearbeat!

Wake up those bats, let's batter them into submission!

LET'S GO STROS !!!!

DD

17. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

doesn't matter. still will lose.

18. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

i think so and yes it may not work out

RasaqBoi likes this.
  19. soxfan01

soxfan01 Member

Just stopping by to wish you all good luck tonight. If this was the Red Sox I would be diarrheaing while throwing up all day lol. It's been a hell of a series!

Strasburg was a monster last night, don't think Scherzer will turn in that kind of performance tonight for Washington. Will be interesting to see how long he goes.... He's drugged up just so he can turn his head. 4 or 5 innings tops I think he goes.

20. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Wow. Remind me not to go get medical test results with you. "Sir you are cancer free" Lamar Kendrick:"that's great but you will die someday anyway"

King1, marks0223, Stros66 and 4 others like this.