1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series: Astros vs. Nationals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 22, 2019.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's a shame this forum is great all year until the bandwagoners come in and GARMify it all up with their hot takes.

Anyway, the pitching matchup won't matter if we can't score more than two runs. This game seven is on the offense to win it, not Greinke.

2. HatsForBats

HatsForBats Member

JV WS starts for us
    Game 2 2017 6 IP 3 runs, offense ties it in 9th.
    Game 6 2017 6 IP 2 runs, offense puts up 1 run
    Game 2 2019 6 IP 4 runs (1 inherited) offense puts up 3
    Game 6 2019 5 IP 3 runs offense puts up 2.

Cant say I put any blame on JV when both of these offenses are "historic"

3. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Just ugh. Given JV's performance in the WS (0-6 his career), and then these (and other) comments from KU...…..I'm ready to see them both out of here.

4. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

5. Buck Turgidson

You're a ****ing idiot goodbye

6. Little Ray

Little Ray Member

Hey I'll gladly give you my address and you can tough guy it over and say that in person...or you can STFU and stay in you moms basement.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Alright...enough railing on JV. How easy it is to forget about what he has done for the city and team in times when he hasn't done as well. Lest we forget he was the driving force and reason behind our eclipse to the 2017 World Series and championship. Has he not been an awesome, clutch starter for the team in the regular season? He's one of the main reasons we clinched HFA throughout the playoffs. I think he's earned a break. The idea that we would part with him over a few not-so-great games is crazy. You cannot replace a Justin Verlander any more than you can replace a Gerrit Cole at this point. These are the cream of the crop and any team would be lucky to have either one of them. We just so happen to have both at the moment. Count our blessings.

conquistador#11 and CometsWin like this.
  8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Rustlemania

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, this is what they say about Kershaw throwing him out there in the same relief situation on short rest...and all they do is make him look like a choker, every time.

It's a complete unknown how he'll pitch in that situation, we can't just assume we are getting his best because he's Gerrit Cole. He's also human, it's a bigger risk than you think.

I remember everyone thought Verlander would be just fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine on Short rest. He's Verlander! He's going to shut it down...wait...nope, turns out he's human, and on short rest he's not at his best.

Houstunna and HP3 like this.
  10. Little Ray

Little Ray Member

..He said goodbye...so I guess he was ready to go night night.

11. SemisolidSnake

I'd really like someone to definitively explain the JV run support problem. I've been watching it for over two seasons now, regular season and playoffs. I'd really like to believe it's anything but "They take it for granted that he's going to hold the other team down, so they don't need to try as hard to score." But it sure feels like that.

Just ****ing win tomorrow, err, today. No more wasted innings at the plate. Make every one count. You can rest on Thursday.

mick fry, astros123 and punkoholic like this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

Rob Crider Ranch Road, Round Mountain, TX

13. BlackHalo

BlackHalo Member

Pretty much. JV did fine. Game killer was Altuves bat with 2 on.

Bats wake up tomorrow and take game 7.

arabrocket and Buck Turgidson like this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Sure, I'm not saying he shouldn't, but people are assuming that he's going to be regular Gerrit Cole, if he were going to be his usual self, they would just start him.

I'm saying it's a risk putting a pitcher into a situation he may not be used to, especially on short rest. I don't think it's guaranteed that if he pitches he's just going to come in and mow down batters. I hope he will, but I think it's not something you can rely on happening.

HP3 and CometsWin like this.
  15. Stros66

Stros66 Member

Same with Correa, did nothing but strike out with men on.

16. Little Ray

Little Ray Member

I’ll just look for the house with big basement and the old lady raking leaves. Lol. ****ing moron.

17. Stros66

Stros66 Member

Chris Carpenter won on short rest against the Rangers. After tomorrow they have a long time to rest.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I don't know you from a ****ing pothole in the road Little Ray, but I'm riding with Buck on this. Take your macho internet tough guy bandwagon bullshit somewhere else.

Red.Glare likes this.
  19. HTown2017Champs

Kate is entitled to speak her own opinion. And without JV's impressive RS (and Game 1 ALDS win), we don't even make the WS.

I'm ready to see takes like this out of here.

Houstunna, Theking and RustyHarden like this.
  20. BlackHalo

BlackHalo Member

Hell yeah brother.