1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else feel encouraged even though we lost?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by icewill36, Oct 24, 2019.

1. GottaHaveHeart

James trying too hard needs to let game come to him

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Very encouraged, give the team a few games to work out some kinks. We were hardly running our rotation in preseason anyway.

FrontRunner likes this.
  3. alcatrazpsycho

Rockets opening a season with a 15 game winning streak is encouraging. This? Not so much.

jerryclark and BasketMAD like this.
  4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

led by 16 in the first half. that is not that much in today's NBA and again, this is one of the top teams.

5. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Our rebounding as well, I loved the uptempo push Westbrook provides. We missed a lot of open shots today and had many turnovers, I do think with Russ you’ll have to live with some of those but I do think they’ll clean up a few with more games together.

HP3 likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

the rockets are infamous for giving up double digit leads, specifically the 2nd half. this has been an ongoing problem for the longest time

beardsanity713, jcmoon and BasketMAD like this.
  7. leangle25

leangle25 Member

Yeah offensively in the 2nd half couldnt get going. But overall i thought Beard and Brodie didnt look bad together. In fact better than preseason.

I feel the team need another tenacious hustler. Someone like Harrell (whom sadly we traded away). Definitely dont expect us to settle with this squad till trade deadline. Hopefully able to add one more piece to contribute in the playoff run

8. HP3

HP3 Member

For real man I was so so sooo encouraged by the rebounding, I think we can clean the other stuff up. Westbrook really impressed me.

deb4rockets and Blurr#7 like this.
  9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I still think we end up top 3 in West... But Clippers and Denver are gonna eat us alive in playoffs.. We need to work on our situational offense... We seem to play our worst when we're up 10+ pts. against the better teams.. Just chuck and then chuck some more!

10. steveng125

steveng125 Member

I was at the game and from what I saw, everything looked better than expected for game 1. We led just about the whole game by double digits..Westbrook look good but not great. Seems like he didn’t turn it all the way on because he’s still not 100% of his role.

Rashmon and RocketWalta like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Denver cant mess with us trust me my guy. Denver will never be a threat to us.

12. icewill36

icewill36 Member

a double digit lead is nothing and they are given up every single game. the rockets should have won the game, but losing a 16 pt lead is not a big deal. harden and gordon might never shoot this poorly in the same game the rest of the year.

HP3 likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

no it isnt. this is being overly dramatic as an excuse for a real problem houston has and has had for years

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not sure what’s encouraging about this game.

1) D’Antoni still can’t manage a game
    2) Capela still soft
    3) Still can’t hold a lead to save our lives
    4) D’Antoni still doesn’t trust the bench
    5) Still too reliant on 3’s while holding a lead

Westbrook was great and that’s good to see, but too many of the same problems still showed up. Nothing has changed.

Beat the Pelicans Saturday

Mr. Space City likes this.
  15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

First of all I agree with the OP and see exactly where he is coming from but man I'm pissed. Why do we have to always be that team that chokes?

16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Shot making has been the problem with the Rockets for a long time now. This is typical. Don't forget who set the NBA record for the most missed 3's in a row in the playoffs. Rockets are bottom three 3 point shooting team in the league and I will stand by that. Now that we have Westbrook instead of Cp3 it will be even worse.

On the flip side our transition game looks good so hopefully we can get that down.

MrSabotage likes this.
  17. icewill36

icewill36 Member

im disappointed, but i thought this could have been so much worse against a great defensive team and us still trying to figure a lot of things out. we pretty much had our way getting into the lane and finding each other. we played with good intensity we just need to finish stronger. james cant let himself get so frustrated and we have to activate his mid range. if cp3 had a green light on them i dont see why james cant. its wide open

we will be good though. all teams seem so flawed except the clippers.

18. rockets13champs

I’m not upset on the players but I’m more upset at dantoni

malakas likes this.
  19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We could have won even though Harden had a terrible shooting night. Harden and Westbrook look like they fit. Gordon needs to stop bricking. You could tell he had dead legs at the end of the game.

20. rockets13champs

Is trout gonna get to the line an avg 36 ppg?

eliefor3 likes this.