1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series: Astros vs. Nationals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 22, 2019.

1. HTown2017Champs

With Crane's money. Oh wait, he left the stadium.

Houstunna, lw17 and punkoholic like this.
  2. astros123

astros123 Member

We're really getting trolled by Darvish now. The Astros should build a statue for you in front of the stadium. Without you we would probably never have had a title. You fk tard. Trolling us LOL.

BMoney likes this.
  3. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Can we move correa up? Need to shake something up.

Theking and HTown2017Champs like this.
  4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Is this karma for the assistant GM flap?

5. SemisolidSnake

Wow, **** off. FYI, I had a weekly show I watch with friends at that point, and when I got done with it 45 minutes later and looked at the score, it was off the charts. It was just good timing that I missed all the carnage; I didn't feel the need to put that in my original post.

You seem to like to go around attacking people and ******** on people from what I'm seeing of you. Makes you seem like a shitty person. If you're really not, maybe don't do that.

Marteen likes this.
  6. SemisolidSnake

That's a good sign. JV's always come across as the only player on the team willing to do that. The only real leader on the team. He has the gravitas to do it as well. Altuve's pouring his heart out during these playoffs, so I'm glad he got some words in there as well. I doubt either of them went apoplectic (I can't ever imagine Altuve mad at anyone but himself), but it sounds like what was said sank in. Team needed that. Alright, on to game 3.

BigM likes this.
  7. astros123

astros123 Member

Youre the epitome of a bandwagon fan. No real astros fan would quit watching a pivotal world series game for a tv show which they could DVR. Its fkin hilarious seeing bandwagon fans giving their "take" on the Astros and giving us insights on what they think their mental state is. Like dude LOL youre talking out of your ass. The real Astros fans that have been around all season know are the ones that know how frustrating this shitty performance has been.

8. Roscoe Arbuckle

[​IMG]

9. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

No matter what happens id still be rocking my Stros gear. Buy more around Christmas with big discount on "Take it back." Playing so poorly on untimely hits and our aces pitching like they were pitching with their former teams. We still has a chance on reversing this Titanic. I'm sure JV told the guys he wants another chance at the Nets. Hopefully we get 2 home games to close it. TexRockStros365.

Rock Block likes this.
  10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I would not be surprised if the Astros win all 3 in DC.

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

12. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

It’s either a bad media or ppl not paying attention but I’m reading headline of Nats cracked the Verlander code or Verlander once again not too good in the WS. Even as Nats fan, o can admit That was a great pitching performance by Verlander. Ppl see the box score and think he got she’ll or choked again like Kershaw but that wasn’t the case. You would take that performance everyday in a WS setting. It wa a great pitching duel. Astros bullpen and in field defense just imploded. They weren’t poised when the situation arises but no way should this be blamed on Verlander.
    It’s irritating that ppl still think the Astros are underperforming. Maybe , jsut maybe, the Nats are the superior team. They did the same thing during Dodgers series, Not giving the Nats credit.

13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

They Need to dig sweep into the numbers before they post garbage like this.Nats fans like me were ecstatic that Verlander came back in the seventh to Suzuki. Yeah Suzuki was struggling in the postseason but here’s a little fact they don’t know about the ay chip. Suzuki has a career .360 ba against Verlander. I didn’t expect a homerun but I was almost certain he would get on with a hit bag against Verlander in the seventh with over 100 pitches thrown at that point. You gotta pay attention to the little details.

14. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Astros offense hasn't really played well this entire postseason. They can't buy a hit wRISP.

everyday eddie likes this.
  15. Pipedream

Pipedream Contributing Member

I'm disappointed just like everyone else as I think the Astros are the better team overall. This Nats team is white hot though.

Momentum can shift within a series quickly. All it takes is for the Nats to come in overconfident in game 3 and the Astros come in desperately focused, ready to punch them in the mouth from the opening pitch.

I'm not giving up, as I'm ready to see something special. It won't invalidate this team as champion caliber if they lose, but I want to see one breakout game by this offense. MMP will be a sight to behold if the series comes back to Houston.

16. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

It’s hard to breakout against the Nats. We only given up more than 3 runs three time in this postseason 3. You just got to play the long game and grind it out. I think ppl still underestimate this defense and even the pitching. Yeah our bullpen sucks but we essentially run a 6 man rotation so you won’t see the weakness of our bullpen.

17. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Seems you underestimated your own team.

Didn't start posting here until after game 1.

Lol

18. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Well I guess there’s only 1 thing left to do. Win the whole damn thing.

Let’s go, rock bottom come back focused.

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will give the Nats credit. They pitched great and their hitters are hot. I agree though JV didn't pitch bad. He was responsible for three runs which is pretty good. This was a team loss. It was a loss on Pressley who really didn't look like he was a 100%, on Bregman for an error and on the whole Stros lineup for not getting more runs across the plate.

20. 1234567

1234567 Member

The better team lost big at home with it's best CY pitcher.

**** happens as this is a game.

Now back against the wall and can even be swept from WS.

Can they be the 4th team to come back down like this?

Eye test, no. They lost at home with the best they got.

Now Cole may not even get shot to redeem himself. Hope he does and for JV to win 1 WS game. Long shots now...

But this is a game and anything can happen.