1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey newbs, RED AND YELLOW is the ORIGINAL ROCKETS COLORS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Oct 9, 2019.

1. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

The San Diego Rockets were green.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes but there’s no team in San Diego

and when I say Houston Rockets
    It’s not San Diego Rockets
    Or North Korean Rockets

see?

you think the Lakers fans thinking of Minneapolis?.

3. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Well you said I didn't know Rockets history, and you were right, I did not know the San Diego Rockets color. So I looked it up, and shared my findings.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

Thanks
    This is why I never just say the Rockets
    I say the Houston Rockets

People who keep saying we should wear green are trolls

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yeah, but Morey ain't. Silver ain't. And Harden flipped to back free speech. Abandoning the Rockets for the rest of the league sounds like you ain't a Rockets fan.

6. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

This is not even really worth arguing. I've proven my bonafides as a Rockets fan for decades elsewhere.

Just the other day, I dug up my copies of SI that had Mo Malone on the cover (1981); then Sampson joining the Rockets on the cover (1984); then "Akeem" as "The New Force" on the cover, back in 1986. I could post all these if I felt like it.

And it's not just this event. The NBA has been becoming political, in a way I can't support, for years now. This was just the cherry on top.

To your point: Silver threw Morey under the bus. I don't care if he backtracked.

Harden threw Morey under the bus. I don't care if he backtracked.

Fertita still hasn't backtracked. As far as I know, he's still in love with communist regimes over freedom and free speech.

When you get to a certain point in your life, you too may find you have less time for sports; and it's especially true when it becomes a product you can't support any longer.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

So.. why are you still here? I hope you can answer that for yourself more than for me.

8. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

1) I wanted to offer my thoughts on this whole China-Morey-NBA debacle, like a lot of people here
    2) D&D is sometimes interesting (although often times cancerous)
    3) This is the best place for Astros talk that I know of.

I know these are different subforums on this site.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

you guys want to do something important for Clutchfans?
    report the China trolls on the GARM. They recently became super active after barely posting a damn thing for years

once their accounts get terminated, we can argue about Harden and his strippers again