1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey Emerges as the Most Educated, Prescient of Entire NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AggieRocketFan96, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

You can be educated and have a different opinion.

D-rock likes this.
  2. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

That tweet was all for his girlfriend in Hong Kong. Repercussion don't matter when there is p***y involved. Not a subject many Clutch fans understand.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

My instinct is to rally around Morey as vocal criticism against him intensifies from China and NBA players trying to protect their standing in China. He is our guy, after all.

But he did cave pretty quickly. Not blaming him for that, but he is no more principled here than anyone else who has decided to keep quiet or look the other way when it comes to Chinese politics.

Morey is generally pretty apolitical on social media, for good reason. He seems like a centrist with some libertarian leanings, from what I can gather. Probably reads the Economist. Probably an Andrew Yang fan. I guess he figured that chiming in on the Hong Kong story was politically safe, since people in his non-NBA circle share the same view as him. It's surprising that he could not predict the reaction from the NBA community of which he is part.

#23 durvasa, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    BaselineFade likes this.
  4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Many of us here have influential customers who follow our social media. There are subjects that are safe to talk about. There are subjects that fall in the gray zone. Then there are subjects that are completely forbidden.

If China is one of your most influential customers, to the point where your brand incorporates their culture, you have to be a complete moron to miss the impact of sending a tweet that goes completely against their position. Morey isn't remotely close to being a complete moron.

This was calculated.

5. kanariya

kanariya Member

He can't do it in Weibo so he's exercising his freedom of speech on a western forum.

6. kanariya

kanariya Member

p*rn/gang/prostitute don't exist in China according to CCP.

7. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Oh man, how do you know i am looking at p*rn? ****, i better check my room for camera.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Kind of like the CCP deleted freedom from in China?

9. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

China, I found a traitor that has bypassed the great fire wall! Assist!

Nook likes this.
  10. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

China, I found a traitor that has bypassed the great fire wall! Assist!

Nook likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Isn’t that called “every day” in CCP China?

12. Nook

Nook Member

Not in CCP controlled China!

13. Nook

Nook Member

He told his tweet down... but his “apology” didn’t say he was sorry he voiced his opinion or that he changed his opinion. He basically said it’s a complicated issue and he has listened to other view points... but he basically doubled down. He could have resigned or continued posting and been fired.

I agree with you that Morey isn’t someone like Popovich that constantly lectures of political or social movements. However he has several times commented on how strongly he believes in self determination, democracy and the freedom of the free exchange of ideas through the press. So it isn’t surprising that he supports Hong Kong.

Let’s be honest, the overwhelming majority of people in the West that are familiar with the CCP have a real negative opinion of them and support Hong Kong.

MorningZippo likes this.
  14. AggieRocketFan96

Couldn’t help to bump this thread. Now that the CCP unleashed and allowed their Wuhan virus to infect the world and destroy the US economy, wonder what Morey really thinks about calling them out months before the virus broke out of Wuhan. Wonder if Lebron still thinks Morey is uneducated?

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If it was unleashed, they would have made the virus destroy Hong Kong and Taiwan's population on its way out too.

Two of the renegade population in their eyes.

Guess they unscathed largely give or take.

And they would have prepared Wuhan's citizens better than they did.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think if their intention was to spread it they would have just sent infectees on a plane to their targets, instead of letting it infect their own population so thoroughly. they also didn't shut down their entire country, but only the affected areas -- the US chose that route on their own. that being said, they surely are guilty for surpressing hundreds of chinese whistleblowers trying to question/expose the pandemic there. and of course, morey was right

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

They both think Trump's a bumbling idiot and I suspect this bothers you quite more than the damage and death that has been wrought.

across110thstreet likes this.
  18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

bumped a GARM thread to rant on CHINA

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Bump is ASSHOE

20. H-E-B

H-E-B Member

Ease up on the racism. As a powerful African American man I would like to kindly remind don’t say something on the web you wouldn’t say to one’s face. As for morey he’s alright. Needs to spend less time at improv and more time trying to improve this roster or at very least hit a treadmill. If you can’t build a body how can you build a team? It’s not rocket science. Have we already forgotten after Daryl’s brilliant moves this summer we are now in a worse spot than the thunder? And I’ll holla