1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Vs. Rays ALDS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 4, 2019.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's an elimination game. If you're not freaking out, you're not much of a fan.

But I'm actually glad about what happened yesterday. First, because I hate the Dodgers and love seeing them eliminated early. But mostly because it's a warning to the Astros to not take anything for granted today, including the greatness of Cole.

2. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

I think the Rays got a bit of extra confidence with the two Game 5s that happened yesterday, especially the Dodgers one. We'll see what happens...

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Astros please.

mikol13 likes this.
  4. SuraGotMadHops

"We took the Rays TWO best sledgehammer shots! Their TWO, best, sledgehammer SHOTS!! Now, let's see what the Nature Boys have got in store for you!!" (if you know, you know)

[​IMG]

BigShasta likes this.
  5. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Worse ratio than that since 2000. The better team has lost 21 out of 28 game 5's in division series. That is an incredible stat. Checked it twice on baseball reference. I had not had my second cup of coffee, but think that is accurate. Either way the road team has a huge statistical advantage in game 5's. Who the hell knows why. But Braves and Dodgers wet the bed so that Astros win to keep the statistics even.

Did'nt take in to account that wild card teams never have home field even with the better record. So change that lost 21 out of 28 to 20 out of 28. ha

My butt is puckered for this one. Want them to win in the worst way.

#3465 mkahanek, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    everyday eddie and marks0223 like this.
  6. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Wish I had more confidence going into the game tonight but the bats overall have been pitiful. At this point no outcome tonight will be shocking to me.

Surfguy likes this.
  7. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I say sit Brantley and see if Tucker's cocky a** can do anything. Brantley is a career .146 hitter in the playoffs. Or go Marisnick and his .300 BA in the playoffs. Even Zach Greinke has a .227 BA in the playoffs. So a pitcher is batting better than our "professional hitter"

To hell with this trust and loyalty crap AJ or is this who you want to be?

capsmith2.JPG

8. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

Don't let them score first. Don't want the fans getting nervous and becoming quiet. And by chance they do,I hope they remain loud to rally the troops.

everyday eddie likes this.
  9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Isn't Tucker hitless in this series too? I wouldn't bench Brantley, although I would absolutely pinch hit for him if he has another couple lousy at bats to start the game. I also under no circumstances would leave him batting 2nd. That was a bad move by Hinch. Had he kept him in the 3rd spot like before, Altuve's hits might've meant something since Springer actually got on base.

10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Brantley was able to get a hit last time off Glasnow and we got to stick with who got us there. Besides -

snowconeman22 likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

brantley got solid contact on the ball the last game. Choi just happen to be in the right spots during those ab's. no way he gets that lucky once again.....well i hope not

12. CinematicFusion

1. We have the greatest pitcher on the planet pitching at our house where we won a major league leading 60 games.
    2. Our offense is the best Astro offense in the history of the organization.

I’ll take my chances betting on the Astros tonight. Our hitters are due. Key is to put pressure on the Rays early.

We got this!

13. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Jesus. Didn't see that Tucker strikeout. Makes Tyler White look good.

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I don't want his pitch count to be high for Cole. Just a normal start for Cole, which is generally deep into the game relative to most starters.

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Our hitters need to start hitting. Springer has been a negative, and our clutch hitters have not been clutch.

16. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Lots of pressure on the Astros. I get the feeling they will rise to the occasion. Seasons like this dont happen all the time. They cannot squander this opportunity.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

18. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

I’m nervous. I’m really nervous right now. Can’t get any work done at the office.

19. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Well I WAS fine but reading all these "I'm nervous" posts has made me nervous. :eek:

everyday eddie, solid and Roc Paint like this.
  20. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

Me 100%, should have just called out sick.