1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Harden a hypocrite for groveling to China for the $$?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Oct 7, 2019.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

Gotta admit, Harden would have been better served staying quiet rather than dropping on 2 knees to suck away... I guess a highly paid prostitute can always look at the money stacks afterward?

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  2. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I bet most of you would do the same thing when millions $$ are on the line.

J Sizzle and BaselineFade like this.
  3. MultipleSauces

If you think about it now there will be a black market for watching rockets games .. being illegal and all .

Which is ironic because “rockets tickets” was code words for the green

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah. and if rockets brass told harden to keep quiet he'll keep quiet. he's basically taking one for the team.

Kornel87 and jcf like this.
  5. Audioout

Audioout Member

I'm pretty sure the only things Harden knows are

A) They're pissed and it's affecting the team and the NBA at large.
    B) He gets tons of money from merchandise there.
    C) He has tons of fans there.
    D) If he said he supported Morey, the backlash would get worse.

It wasn't like he released a well thought out statement vetted by a publicist like Silver and Morey later did. They just asked him about it while they were practicing and he did the best he could to calm everyone down. It isn't like he's ever been known to be completely "plugged in" on what is going on in the world. The dude lives for basketball and booty and if it isn't one of those two things, he doesn't know a lot about it.

6. PeppermintCandy

Probably mentioned already, but hypocrisy means purporting to believe in something while acting in direct contradiction to it.

IMO Harden's no hypocrite because he never said he believed in a political cause. He's just a basketball player who wants to perpetuate his brand, so in his eyes, it's probably no big deal to apologize.

BaselineFade likes this.
  7. HROZ

HROZ Member

Can you show me white ballers who has spoken out vs HK?

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he just basically spoke the truth. what is he to say? no comment? or next question?

he's been a guest in china for years as an nba, rockets, and adidas ambassador. they welcomed him with open arms and sincere hospitality

and he appreciates that and truly feels the chinese are his friends

all he knows is morey said something, chinese got offended and making alot of noise, and he said something so his friends can calm down

if harden sold out for money, they silver, tilman, morey are even bigger sell outs

BaselineFade likes this.
  9. amaru

amaru Member

No, it's not all. Black people are not monolithic, despite how much the American media tells you we are. There were very different responses to Kapernick's protest within the black community. Many older black veterans, my father and his friends, HATED protesting the anthem. Many younger black veterans, like myself, saw it as an expression of 1st Amendment rights. I get that the left and right wings likes to portray "the black perspective" as if it is a singular perspective but that simply isn't true. Black people are human, just like anybody else. That means we experience the entire spectrum of human emotions and ideologies.

Don't disrespect MLK by insuating that you know how he would feel about any of this. We wouldn't have to GUESS how MLK would feel if the American government hadn't allowed James Earl Ray to blow his head off in Memphis, Tennessee. Based on some of the actions later in his life, you probably wouldn't have liked MLK very much. Hell, I'm willing to bet you don't know much about MLK outside of the sanitized version of his life taught in K-12 schools.

Violent crime? What the hell are you even talking about? First slavery and now violent crimes.....how at all does this relate to Harden's statement?

Reeko and JayGoogle like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

It doesn’t, he just wanted to further his anti-black agenda. Mods will let this thread rock tho even tho it has no place here. :rolleyes:

amaru likes this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Super racist comment here lol. You seem to think that the default of success is whiteness.

hashmander and Williamson like this.
  12. macan

macan Member

if you don't like Harden, you can simply stop watching Rockets basketball. go be a worriers or fakers fan.
    stop b****ing so much, we are trying to win the championship here.

vlaurelio likes this.
  13. mockster

mockster Member

what’s wrong with his comments?, it’s appropriate in here as this pertains to the rockets and James Harden.

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I actually think it's super racist to suggest that every African American millionaire athlete likes to vilify the police and complain about America. That's a huge generalization. I've never heard Harden, specifically, do either. So why are you putting words and ideas into his mouth/brain? He is quite capable of speaking for himself.

And "anti-slavery leaders" are called Abolitionists.

I will say I'm all for your final assertion that promotes further discussion of equality.

#94 Williamson, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    amaru likes this.
  15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

16. Asian Sensation

This thread. Yikes

[​IMG]

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

No, he’s not. He didn’t attack anyone. It was a just a weak attempt to quell some of the anger from Chinese fans (and protect his brand there). Who cares. “I apologize” doesn’t really mean all that much, at the end of the day.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It’s a blatant example of generalizing the supposed actions of a particular race to further a bigoted point of view, since you asked. It’s like saying that because a handful of the 50,000 students at the University of Texas were convicted of assault, all UT students are violent and dangerous. That statement would be patently untrue. So is his statement, to paraphrase, about “Black multimillionaires.” In my humble opinion.

His reasoning behind making that statement is best discussed in Debate and Discussion, AKA D&D. The sub-forum @Clutch created in part so that the primary forums like the GARM, Hangout, and the like wouldn’t be littered with political, religious, social, and a host of other topics and opinions not usually discussed “in polite settings.” Discussions and topics that usually don’t belong in a forum about Rockets basketball (unless they bear a direct relation to important news or events that impact our team and its management), which is the main reason ClutchFans exists and has now for decades.

I hope that cleared things up a bit for you.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Not for a 50 vs 55 mil thing.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

At the end of the day...this is true.