1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

People in Mainland China ... We good now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sheb, Oct 7, 2019.

1. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

china gov own all TV channels .and the chinese commerial comany (like tencent) also under the CCP 's control.
    our chinese fans have no other ways to watch Rockets' game live .now.
    fvck CCP,
    I love you D Morey

2. Senator

Senator Member

The Nets owner said we can't talk about this subject because Chinese are sensitive about foreign takeovers and intervention after historical events... but that's exactly what they are doing to HK who do not want to be part of their system.

Is it a money thing... does HK pay taxes to China now?

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

you do that and we protest in Toyota center every single game.

TheresTheDagger, D-rock and malakas like this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

I hope you have taken all steps to hide your identity and protect your safety. There are a lot of CCP trolls here that will report you.

D-rock likes this.
  5. curbur

curbur Member

Exactly. Their reaction to a tweet says everything about what it’s like to live in China.. and a bunch of defensive ppl are getting on here saying Americans are the brainwashed ones lol... that’s rich. At least our propaganda arm allows for us to hear dissenting opinions. I will be so disappointed in the Rockets & Tillman if they fire Daryl, and I think it’ll curse our chances at a title later this season if he’s let go.

Fansince80, D-rock and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. idshiy

idshiy Member

but I still laughed while many Chinese company stopped their spo
    if you follow hk issue closely enough, you should know the protest is out of control and is very violent, lots of shops were damaged and roads were blocked, the protestors are starting fire at many subway entrances, off work police were attacked, police family were threatened...... I can keep going. if same thing happens in US, what do you think US police will do? why taxi running on to the side walk? let me guess, protestor blocked the road, taxi driver cannot make a living and gets really mad trying to drive through the blocked road?

dlite316 likes this.
  7. kanariya

kanariya Member

Yes China is getting richer compared to 10 years ago. But their manner and education didn't catch up with their economy. It's why you see the sons of corrupted Chinese officials waving Chinese flags with their Lambo and Ferarri in Toronto and Vancouver to counter protest. It's why the Chinese tourists are one of the most disliked in various countries. Look at comments from Japan and other Western countries.

D-rock and Senator like this.
  8. idshiy

idshiy Member

no, we hope hk do well, they are running their own system. we don't get anything out of them? which I think is not fare. as part of china, they at least should pay tax LOL.

9. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

It's not even personal. And that's probably the worst part.

Reading Adam Silver's statement I expect some dramatic repercussion from China tomorrow.
    NBA China is a piece of asset worth $4 billion, there were 490 million NBA viewers in China last year.

Now this is all in jeopardy because of a single tweet from Morey.
    Can you imagine how much pressure he would have to live with every day, if he stays in NBA?

10. Senator

Senator Member

Then why force them to be prosecuted under the communist system.. their prisoners, their problem. It's not like they are leaking crime into the mainland.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  11. idshiy

idshiy Member

that is true and that is the fact. maybe next generation can do better. Chinese wish they have better manner and education, but they don't have the chance to get good education because the country were very poor. but bad manner and low education doesn't mean they are bad person rite? they can be nice but just very loud in pubic

D-rock likes this.
  12. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

You know who really has 'cancle culture' powers? China.

13. kanariya

kanariya Member

I can already tell you are only watching the state news and being brainwashed. They set road blocks to protect the frontline from the police advancing. The shop they damaged were only the shops operated by Triads who attacked people with knifes, shops under Maxim's Corp because founder went to UN to spread false accusation about the protest and few other Chinese gov operated business like China Mobile, China bank, etc. They set off fire to the MTR because of the 7/21 and 8/31 events where the MTR let the triad members randomly attack citizen and 8/31 they cooperated with the police to randomly attack citizen. The attack and hatred on police were due to all the police brutality. For the taxi incident just go on VPN and look it up on Youtube. It's all over for the world except China.

I will stop here and I stand with Morey.

D-rock likes this.
  14. idshiy

idshiy Member

because many mainland crime case has hk criminal involved, I don't get it why u guys are so scared. and extradition bill is only for economic criminals.

15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Why it's a compromise. I have to be an adult...china owns us. We did that to ourselves. Does it matter if morey is still the shadow gm. N what if it rally's the team. The world ain't black n white. I was pissed at first to trust me. Ima vet. But we made this deal with the devil. Now we gotta live with it. I dont want him fired. But they control the purse.

16. kanariya

kanariya Member

I'm not exactly well educated on this issue but to my knowledge HK do not pay China in tax. They do pay China on things like water, high speed train and other projects. And they charges HK a hell lot.

17. Senator

Senator Member

I know people who work in HK. Their sentiment is based on wanting to remain autonomous and not deal with a govt that does not care for due process. So yes, when you see what people are locked up for in the Middle East and China... let alone what happens to their prisoners, they have a right to be scared. It's not always right because Li Xianping says so and it's false to only think this is about prosecuting gang members or the most extreme criminals.

18. mms

mms Member

Are you trying to justify the 911 attack? Twin towers symbolized US capitalism and Pentagon is the military brain. By your logic, they deserved it.

19. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

thanks

20. idshiy

idshiy Member

please some US citizen tell Kanaria those can be a good excuse if the protest was in US. I really wanna know if same thing happens in US what police would do. you trash Chinese companies in hk only because they are Chinese owned? and shops of Maxim's Corp because they are holding different opinions against you guys? so, who is the CCP now?

dlite316 likes this.