1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey, NBA issue statements

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Oct 6, 2019.

1. MC31B

MC31B Member

W
    Hong Kong was a dumpster fire until the UK showed them capitalism. You're welcome

2. kevtse

kevtse Member

In order to support Morey and democracy, I will bring some banners to the home games "Fight for freedom, Stand with Hong Kong"

9baller, fchowd0311 and RocketStream like this.
  3. CXbby

CXbby Member

Everyday human rights are violated in dozens of countries, including our own. What makes Hong Kong so special, why does everyone all of a sudden care? Its because our so called free media is shoving it down our throats because US interests are involved. In a trade war with China, anything that destabilizes it is leverage for us. Don't buy that moral high ground BS.

Lebron might be a social justice warrior but none of that has ever cost him a dime besides furthering his brand. See what he says now when money is on the line. I'll bet you a signed dolla he wont say ****. Remember, his goal is becoming a billion dollar athlete.

Vivi likes this.
  4. foh

foh Member

Awesome episode and seemed two sided at that.

5. JW86

JW86 Member

Good, statement made and not really an apology. I do like to point out that as outsiders we do not know everything about this conflict and it’s sad to see the ignorance and display of supposed superiority and dominance over China / HK.

For example, the use of terms like freedom and democracy that “we” have brought to HK @MC31B . There’s no need for it and looks ugly. You and I as a person didn’t do **** for anyone over there, so taking pride in it is just silly.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You nationalist tards on both sides can go dig a hole. I’m going to go grab a beer.

Vivi and CXbby like this.
  7. desperatewife

desperatewife Member

So you think CCP treat hk, Xinjiang, tibet equally? You better travel to China to see how everything changed in the last 30 years rather than believing what CNN,BBC said

8. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Just watch how many people march on the street everyday you will get the idea how many people are dissatified with the CCP. Google Hong Kong's opinion poll you will see how mainstream people think about the CCP. Don't trust everything the Party tells you. If their goal was to set a good example for Taiwan, then they've already fail.

Supplying water? Do you know HK paid a lot of money for it? Do you the price that HK pays China is 270 times higher than Singapore pays Malaysia? Do you know the price is 10 times cheaper for Shenzhen and Dongguan? And those bastards up their price every 3 years or so. It's ****ing robbery.

And do you know the Water Supplies Department in HK initiated a project in mid 2000s to install seawater disalination plants to eventually phase out the importation of Chinese water because they are too damn expensive? And the project was mysteriously stopped by the government.

Vegetables? It's called the international trade. HK also imports food from other parts of the world. Do you know HK is the world's biggest importer of Japanese food? And by your logic should we be grateful to the Japanese and kowtow to them?

Chinese govt helping HK out in 1998 was a blatant lie. HK was way richer than China at that time and has much larger financial reserve than the entire China. HK didn't spend a penny from China. It was all HK's money. Just google yourself.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think it is important to know the history, why everything is the way it is now.

The Brits got you hooked on opiads, I dun think the Party forces you to do drugs?

As you said, they need more people like Deng Xiao Ping but it sadly didn't work out that way.

Even if they killed people during their history, does not mean they will kill millions in HK right now.

Some of my relatives, they weren't treated like pigs, pigs are not treated bad at all. Alas!

They might just do something to extreme activists, I admit they should at least give them a fair trial.

Now the important thing isn't that, it's how you can improve the country, I admit extending Xi is a very questionable move.

And why Joshua Wong, he is too young and doesn't have enough experience? @ashleyem

Why do you expect him to lead a democratic party, any party.

#269 daywalker02, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  10. CXbby

CXbby Member

Nationalism is dumb. The Chinese are brain washed extremists, but don't pretend like every one of you didn't recite the Pledge of Allegiance since the day you could read. Can't wait until the day when NWO abolishes borders for good and we can openly serve our Illuminati overlords. (I know yall are reading this. I am not worthy.)

11. desperatewife

desperatewife Member

I don't know how you come up these figures.i personally hope the HK revolution can succeed then china can unload the burden and we will see how HK will be. Ukraine? Syria?

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not sure it is because they hate HK, HKers just have more income than Shenzeners.

But yep, water shouldn't be priced as high, you got a point there.

But this could be a payback because HK also limited goods like milk powder for mainlanders to buy.

13. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Just google yourself, if you can. Don't baidu. Don't trust everything the Party tells you. And you don't have to worry about us, it's all part of the process. And if HK turns into Syria it will be CCP's fault for murdering their own people again after the Tiananmen Massacre.

14. TimDuncanDonaut

Ah yes, just like the pilgrims 'buying' land with the native americans and gave them blankets with germs.

15. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

You have no idea how severe the shortage of baby powder in HK was. The shelves of stores in a town bordering China were completely emptied and local babies had no milk to drink. It was actually one of the best decisions the HK govt had made, I will give them credit for that.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Lebron has spoken up about black issues, yes for obvious reasons. And anti-Trump, which is basically a black issue.

But I don't see why he would care anything about HK people?

What other political issues has he spoken up about, that is not related to black people?

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have a kid so I have that idea. The baby milk powder isn't even abundant in Europe where I am staying at the moment. It's the priciest among baby goods.

18. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Trading opium in China was bad and immoral, but it was no worse than the CCP regime killing millions of people throughout their history. Come on now. And opium war aside, the Brits did a damn good job in Hong Kong. Local culture and heritage were respected and no genocide unlike China during Cultural Revolution.

19. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

At that time, you can't even buy one with money. Those mainland parallel traders were crazy.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think you are unlucky there, HK is populous enough and you have to deal with a country that got the most population on earth lelz.

It's called 100 millions making money to spend. Trying to buy in HK.

ashleyem likes this.