1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CBA announced ban all rox games, halt relationship.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shanghai_noon, Oct 6, 2019.

1. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Time to get rid of that Chinese logo with those hideous Chinese jerseys and anything related to China! Yao era been over! Stop bending nover backwards for another country!

sammy, fchowd0311, BigShasta and 8 others like this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The NBA will look completely craven and unprincipled if they force Morey out, and I think they realize this. Morey expressed solidarity with what is generally considered, in the West, as a pro-democracy movement against our greatest geopolitical rival. For him to be fired over that would be a really bad look, domestically.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

I always wondered how they watched games in China

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Latest news indicating Tencent had cancelled all incoming NBA broadcasts ( not just related to the Rockets).

And that includes the one the NBA/ESPN sent the whole crew to China.

LOL.

The hate on the Rockets from our own media will be so real this incoming season.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree it won't look good and this is a no win situation for the Fertita and the NBA. Judging by Fertita's reaction I think it is pretty clear that the organization values the Chinese market and more than they do Morey's standing. Given Morey's apology I'm sure that message was made to him both by the Rockets and the NBA leadership.

The principle the NBA values is profit. People citing that the NBA did the right thing with Donald Sterling and would stand by Morey over principle forget that they were slow to react and only so when sponsors were pulling out and players and coaches were threatening to strike.

#285 rocketsjudoka, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is interesting considering I am on record on Clutchfans for saying that the PRC hasn't honored the Basic Law and that not only HK but all of China deserves democracy. For that matter I'm on record here for supporting Taiwanese independence and for political and religious autonomy in Tibet.

That said it's not the first time I've been accused of being an apologist for the PRC along with being told I would never be welcome in China. It probably won't be the last time for either.

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Now I'm hearing Tilman's new book has been banned from all bookstores in China.

malakas and robbie380 like this.
  8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Hahaha.

RocketsFido likes this.
  9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

**** the Chinese govt and **** the nba

And Morey is a ******* idiot for tweeting this **** out

**** everything

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I don’t even know any posters here and obviously I have no interest on knowing any of them or dig out their posting history.

What I always reply to or refer to are what they said, and wether they are facts or not.

11. vick

vick Member

No Tilman.

12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Hopefully that means no more Chinese HOUSTON Rockets jerseys.

Insert thehulk.iseethisasanabsolutewin.jpeg

tinman likes this.
  13. TheresTheDagger

The notion of "Freedom of Speech" has proven once again to be fraught with consequences. It makes me rethink the entire concept. in the 21st century is there really such a thing?

Also, this shows the fallacy of investment in a country with a repressive government. Sooner or later, the values of a western democracy will clash with it. And when it does, we see our values tested by the almighty dollar. And we see what REALLY matters...

Political commentary is allowed by people like Popovich and Kerr on a routine basis here in America, but the moment the money is threatened in China they cave in over Morey's comments supporting a democratic movement in Hong Kong?

What an incredibly ironic double standard. The reaction of the NBA has been sickening and hypocritical.

sammy and Downtown Sniper like this.
  14. jayland

jayland Member

The concept of "freedom of speech" was really intended to protect people from the government when they speak out. To ensure those in power can't arrest and silence people who criticize them. It never really meant someone should be free from all consequences when they say something.

15. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

This is LOL. Everyone wants to be offended for no reason.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

They should play the game in Austin now so I can go. I promise I'll buy 2 tickets.

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Crappy oriental font, halted.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Please this.
    This would be the best news to come out of all of this.
    I like DM... but it's not like the Rockets have a bunch of championship rings since his arrival - they of course have none.
    But the branding and uniform game has been horrendous and China first instead of Houston first.

PLEASE change this.

Unfortunately, Tillman likely to do the opposite. Probably change the name of the team to Beijing Rockets or something.

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Pop and Kerr silence is my affirmation that both of them can eat a bag of dicks. I always knew both were smug, racists, twats.