1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey, NBA issue statements

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Oct 6, 2019.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think you might be right. Maybe I just expected more of Morey.

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

You really have no clue about the level of nationalism in China. During the Senkaku Island incident I was in China. People who drove Japanese cars had to write on their cars that they support China. Japanese restaurants were basically empty. I went on a Saturday night and there was only 2 tables. My friend and I plus 2 white expats. 7/11 which is arguably the biggest convience store chain was about half empty and all of them had huge signs stating they side with China.

And this HK incident is massively more important to Chinese people compared to Senkaku.

Even if basketball fans want to watch the Rockets, they sure as hell wouldn't want anyone to know about it

wireonfire and Nook like this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

Morey can't issue a bootlicking bowing your forehead to the ground 100 times apology because if he gets a lot embarassed the NBA and the Rockets will receive severe critisism from the people of the free world.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's an interesting idea and maybe that was his intent on along. It's a pretty big risk though.

malakas likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

He educated me for sure. I had no idea what was going on in HK before this situation. Matter of fact, I don’t think I even thought about HK 1 time in the past year. I’ve done more research on Hong Kong these past 2 days than I’ve done in my entire life looking up Hong Kong’s history, their relationship with mainland China, why these protests started, why they are continuing, and why the viewpoints for this issue can differ so drastically. Something I was clueless about, I will now be keeping an eye on.

6. malakas

malakas Member

China hate Japan anyway. It is even dangerous for Japanese tourists to walk around China other than big cities.
    They don't hate Morey.

7. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Middle fingers up, put them hands high
    Wave it in his face, tell him, boy, bye
    Tell him, boy, bye, boy, bye

Middle fingers up, I ain't thinking 'bout you

Sorry, I ain't sorry
    Sorry, I ain't sorry
    I ain't sorry

Invisible Fan and malakas like this.
  8. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

You are clearly not a student of history as you failed to understand my message. Rape of Nanking is perhaps one of the worst war crimes ever committed. It is part of the Century of Humiliation.

The scar is the Century of Humiliation, the challenge of Chinese sovereignty by either internal or Western powers.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Morey needs to ask Yao, to use his influence in China, to smooth things over some more with that statement.

don grahamleone likes this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

Yup. On NBA reddit alone there are like 10 threads explaining the situation from every angle.
    And NBA reddit is I think one of the most active subreddits.

Williamson likes this.
  11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Looks like this statement will deeply hurt those ‘die hard Rockets fans’ which expecting Morey and the NBA will bend over and kiss their arses.

See y’all.

don grahamleone and Nook like this.
  12. Lovemachine2000

Stop lying out of your ass, you clearly don't know **** about China, just stop with this misinformation.

dlite316 likes this.
  13. jayfree

jayfree Member

In other words.....

[​IMG]

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

You're a clown and a terrible poster... Sit down

18. malakas

malakas Member

right. You love japanese and they are completely safe to walk everywhere around waving japan flags.

:rolleyes:
    Lack of information is oneway street.
    Just because you are banned from accessing western information and media, it doesn't mean that we are too about chinese affairs.

Nook likes this.
  19. elrond

elrond Member

You may have found it already, but one of the best english news sites I have found is www.scmp.com (South China Morning Post) to get a better understanding of what is going.

From what I can tell their ownership is mainland China based, but I've found their reporting to show multiple sides of the story to at least get a more detailed view of things.

Williamson and Lovemachine2000 like this.
  20. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Anti-Japan protests in China a couple of years ago. Those were the same people who criticized HK protesters for being too violent.:D

Nook and malakas like this.