1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ringer] Rockets ownership has debated Morey’s employment status and whether to replace him

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Might be the Chinese setting those attacks up.

2. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

The Mainland Chinese are so ****ing annoying, **** them all!!! Leave my Rockets and HK alone!!

Spacemoth likes this.
  3. YallMean

YallMean Member

On a light note, as a big Civilization (game) fan, Morey should know better when there is unrest in the city, it's typically because of lack of housing and lack of amenities. HK by large is free. :D

4. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

5. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Don't forget that the Ringer story serves the PR goal of conveying to China that Morey faced the most serious discipline, or at least the threat of it, even if Tilman never really intended to do such a thing.

For a model of how this charade was executed many years ago, here's the NYT report on David Stockman, Reagan's budget director, being "taken to the woodshed" as a symbolic rebuke. The leaked, exaggerated punishment is part of the ceremony.

https://www.nytimes.com/1981/11/13/us/stockman-offers-reagan-regrets-and-keeps-his-job.html

D-rock and jcf like this.
  6. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Another Beijing propagandist.

First of all, what people here are asking for is free elections? Is that a complicated matter? Anyone who supports freedom should support HK.

Secondly, where were you when the Chinese government abduct people in HK soil, expel journalists, disqualify election candidate, overrule election results? Have you ever said a word?

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

So what is the NBA going to do if players start speaking out? NBA players have massive guaranteed deals and feel empowered to say what they want. NBA better think long and hard before dropping the hammer on Morey. I think they fine him and move on

8. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Morey, do not apologize. That is your personal twitter account and you have the right to voice your opinions for your beliefs.

ashleyem likes this.
  9. YallMean

YallMean Member

Don’t be so quick calling me by a name ...

I loved being in HK and always loved people there - well most of them there.

I am going there again this November but this time I am concerned with my own personal safety.

Take a deep breath ... don’t alienate everyone that would have been on your side.

Priority #1 is to fix the economy and be competitive. I am just objectively stating this. None of what the pro-democracy is asking for will fix the problems.

10. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

It's all part of the process. HK people know what's up. You just have to trust the process.

YallMean likes this.
  11. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Ashley is the biggest moron on these forums. The pro-HK-secessionist shills are calling anyone offering a different perspective Beijing shills. He literally uses camps these forums 24/7 and has not made one factually truthful post within the last week.

12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

**** Tilman. ****ing corporate shill piece of ****. If he fires Morey over this I’ll still support and watch the the rockets but I won’t buy tickets, merch, or spend a dime at any of his establishments for as long as he owns the team. He can eat a dick.

D-rock likes this.
  13. YallMean

YallMean Member

I might have seen him in HK last August. I was haggled by a HK teen/youth for no reason only because I spoke Mandarin. The teen told me to get out of HK. :D

Easy likes this.
  14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

So...The Ringer just making **** up now so they can first with an article?

D-rock likes this.
  15. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I might have seen you in Beijing last August. I was haggled by a bunch of mobs for no reason only because I spoke Cantonese. They told me to get out of Beijing.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

David stern forever

dc rock likes this.
  17. YallMean

YallMean Member

I am a US citizen. Have you been to Beijing Ashleyem? You should. It's a friendly city that has way more important things than HK.

18. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I can make story up too. fool

tinman likes this.
  19. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

@YallMean hey If you love your country so much why don't you live in China?

tinman likes this.
  20. YallMean

YallMean Member

I will not take you seriously then.