1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fans in China furious at Morey for supporting Hong Kong protests

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsmanhk, Oct 4, 2019.

1. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Lock this thread, holy ****.

Easy and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

now we have posters who imply Morey is racist because of this tweet

do people in Hong Kong have green skin like the Hulk? what's the visual difference?
    I'm trying to understand the lack of logic by some fans here

Yung-T, clutchdabear, malakas and 4 others like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Tell that to the Millions of Chinese people killed by the CCP over the last 70 years

Tell that to the nearly two million Muslim Chinese currently in concentration camps.

China has a history of abusing its own people and if you believe all those two million Muslims in concentration camps are guilty, you are insane.

4. ECHKG

ECHKG Member

They are tactically destroying some shops but not indiscriminately because they have done different violent/ non-violent things to suppress the voice against the government and they were not justified. Do you know there are gang members beating the protesters and police brutally beating protesters? If the Police identified the suspects, they have the right to arrest them but not using violence to cause them potential permanent disability. Their job is to take the suspects to court and let the judge to decide the consequence he/ she to face. Police is not the law and they no right to physical punish anyone.

Do you know why they only attacked the metro stations but not burning the buses or taxis? Let me know your understanding. Do you know why are there so many hatred against the Police?

malakas, ashleyem and Nook like this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

Are people in Hong Kong and mainland china a different race?

Do people in Hong Kong have green skin like the Hulk?

I can't tell the difference between Chinese people in Hong Kong, Beijing, and San Francisco.

Please tell me the difference.

6. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Wow. We're going to have to disagree on that one chief. In effect you are saying the "few" who are arbitrarily chosen based on their "own" criteria have the right to completely own the lives of "lesser" human beings. Thinking like that has caused unimaginable suffering.

clutchdabear, D-rock and tinman like this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

99ers are always right

8. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

How old are you? serious question.

Can't follow your logic, so wondering if it's age gap. Thanks

freyzhang likes this.
  9. ECHKG

ECHKG Member

me, myself see people in Hong Kong and China is one race but with very different culture and value. I won't say which one is more superior as I/ no one have no right to judge. But there is a big difference indeed but many people in mainland China always call for One China because they suppose we are the same. Many people think Hong Kong people who always claim there is huge difference between mainland and Hong Kong are bad and see themselves more superior. But we are not, at least not me. There are many people in Mainland China I respect.

10. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

So you think war, murders, deaths, sickness, poverty are all ok as long as you can have a voice. Got it! Difference of opinion indeed.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

so it's not possible to say Morey is racist because it's impossible for someone tell race since everyone is Chinese.

but we have idiots who think it's racism.

12. ECHKG

ECHKG Member

Chinese is a race. Hong Kong is a nationality (not calling Hong Kong a nation:))

13. Handles

Handles Member

As much as I respect Morey, who really gives a ****? Morey isn’t a political leader, he’s just a guy with an opinion. Move on to the next day and let’s play basketball.

clutchdabear, ECHKG and ashleyem like this.
  14. coachKK

coachKK Member

I hate the situation,
    I totally agree you guys opion“speech of freedom”。 I just want to say
    Different cutural background have different bottom line.
    what‘s about the James Gunn “inapporate tweet joke”’? what's about Donald Sterling "racism words".Then what happened?
    DM is the face of rockets in china. He even hird stuff to run weibo accound(chinese SNS).He should have known what is the bottom line.
    As the fans of rockets,I dont want to jump in the "political opion debate". I just wish rockets player keep healthy and get better.
    In the end,I am not the bot.I just sad what i think。no one push me to say what i dont want to say。
    I am the rocketsman,always。

Nook likes this.
  15. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

What bottom line? Morey didn't even say anything offensive about China.

Yung-T, clutchdabear and Nook like this.
  16. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

This definitely LEADS to the conclusion that the demonstration is well justifiable.

The United States is absolutely innocent by secretly backing the protests. Completely devoid of self interest I see.

Millions of people vanished under their atrocious government. That absolutely made the killings of Native Indians bearable I guess. I wonder back then what the people in this country would feel if some foreign country harbored the mentality that “if my government had the backbone they would put a stop to that”.

It’s a bit ironic don’t you think?

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

Here, let me reply with a quote from one of the founding fathers of a country based upon freedom.

[​IMG]

D-rock and Nook like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

If you made this point 125 years ago you would absolutely have a valid point! However since it is 2019 and a government is CURRENTLY putting 2,000,000 people in concentration camps that is the concern.

Nice try using “what about ism” though.

19. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

1) as superkev stated, this unearths a fundamental philosophical difference in terms of who is best to judge the rights and care of the people. The few within the government of a political party or the people in the community. You can drill it as far down to who is best to decide how my family and children are treated and educated? To some extent the government puts limits....I can’t Abuse my children but they also aren’t in the best position to judge what’s best for my kids either.

It’s a slippery slope either way. The few in the communist government, even if theyre well intentioned to care for the people, aren’t always going to know the mind and needs of those people and therefore what’s best. Absolute power also corrupts and creates a conflict of interest between what’s best for the people and the need to keep and stay in power.

2) I do think education and wisdom is essential for Democracy to work since power resides with the people. It’s a difference between who is to be trusted. A few in power that are educated and wise, but vulnerable to blind spots and corruption. Or the masses that can be led astray through ignorance and disinformation? I don’t think education is a prerequisite to democracy though. I think real education can only happen in a free environment where the debate of ideas refines the thinking of the people. Education has to happen in parallel with democracy.

If you’re waiting for China to educate its people before the people can be trusted to make their own decisions, that time will never come.

Nook likes this.
  20. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

**** China. Morey should double down.

Nook likes this.