1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey in the hot seat??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by UrbanEnterprise, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The funny thing is....Tilman's *reaction tweet* was basically him getting worked up by TWITTER BOTS that were spamming tweets.

Deckard, D-rock and xaos like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Cockroach criminals from HongKong?

Keep drinking the CCP tea brother... you would think the Chinese would want nothing to do with a state party that is responsible for the death of tens of millions of their own people.

I guess that CCP tea is pretty damn persuasive. Also good job buying into the CCP rhetoric of calling those in Hong Kong “cockroaches”. Hitler said the same thing 80 years ago to get his supporters to do his bidding.

Concentration camps, fake patriotism and now the dehumanizing of groups, making someone dictator for life. What’s next? Maybe make some skin lampshades? Oh well there is the UN investigation into forced organ harvesting so maybe the CCP is almost there!

I cannot really get too angry at mainland Chinese as they were born in bred in an oppressive absolute state controlled world. To expect them to suddenly fully comprehend they have been duped isn’t a given.

napalm06 and conquistador#11 like this.
  3. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

China was not really that formidable at that time. The reason why they didn't defend HK was because the majority of the HK people are ethnic Chinese. Not blaming the Brits though, they built HK and made HK a successful city.

Nook likes this.
  4. jcf

jcf Member

So, Tilman paid 2.2 Billion for the team. He used bonds with a 6.75% rate for over 1.4 billion of that. Paid a 35 multiple. Highly leveraged. Not spinning off a bunch of cash.

Not quite overflowing coffers. He really doesn't need his general manager screwing up a key market with tweets.

Think about a sales rep purposefully antagonizing a key customer of a business.

alcatrazpsycho and napalm06 like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

He is impulsive. He is going to eventually make a decision he regrets.

I still don’t think this is over. The CCP has gotten a number of executives at large international companies fired over saying or expressing any opinion the CCP views as a slight.

D-rock likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Move on already.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

He has an estimated net worth of 4.9 billion.

He’s fine.

Deuce and D-rock like this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Holy ****.

You just pleaded poverty on behalf of a man with an estimated net worth of

$4,900,000,000.00

I hope to god you are employed by him in sone capacity, other than that that is the saddest thing i will see on the internet today (though i haven't seen any presidential tweets yet)

Nook and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nope there are idiots who still want Les back
    They need to see the difference

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  10. jcf

jcf Member

I'm not crying for him but reality is that the vast majority of the purchase was financed. At a 35 multiple, the Rockets weren't throwing off enough cash to support debt service.

There is a big difference between "net worth" based on illiquid assets and cash flow.

On top of that, it is reported that Tilman is pretty bullish on leverage in all of his investments.

Educated guess: Tilman doesn't have a huge margin of safety in terms of this investment.

Morey's move was either atypically stupid or calculated. In any event, we can agree to disagree, but I don't think Morey should be using his position to espouse his views to the detriment of Tilman who is the one at risk on the investment.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

You add nothing to this thread. Take your juvenile crusade to one of your umpteen threads bashing Les.

Adults are talking in this one.

Little Bit likes this.
  12. jcf

jcf Member

You clearly have a lot of intelligent opinions but sometimes you just go for the cheap line when the situation is a lot more complex than Tilman's estimated net worth.

Os Trigonum and napalm06 like this.
  13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

les would have fired Morey no question.

Tfor3 and tinman like this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

Les was the one who tied to lots of Chinese businesses so it’s only normal for the average fan to be confused that the Rockets new owner is not the same business man

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Have you been to rainforest cafe ?

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, I dun really care where you stand but that is not right.

Ethnic Chinese built most of the city, maybe they used Brit architects but you cannot deny the blood and sweat of those forefathers.

The Queen was officially the head of all the Colonies, but there won't be a Queen much longer, Monarchy be damned, it's another era!

17. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Yea don't be surprised cockroaches or 废青 are the common names used for these kids in the Chinese community for years.

I've been drinking tea from all sources for many years, it's the only way to really tell the good from the bad. I suggest any intelligent people to do the same.

Western democrazy tea is much more tasty at first comparing to PCC tea. Until over years you manage to see through its tasty surface and see all the bullshit underneath and all the cancer it brings.

These clueless 16 years olds are its latest victims. Watch Hongkong destroy itself, by 2047 its going to be a little town where old people go fishing and stuff.

dlite316 likes this.
  18. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

It isn't about the building or infrastructure. I am talking about our system, our culture, our values. British people taught us about civil liberties, capitalism, separation of powers. These are all fundamental pillar for HK's success. And they respected our culture, the Brits allowed us to preserve our language, our southern chinese heritage. The Chinese on the other hand is trying to eradicate our language and culture.

Deckard, Buck Turgidson and Nook like this.
  19. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

You should really stop posting. Everything you are posting are basically characteristically false and has no basis in history even from a Western perspective.

20. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Then refute me. I am born and raised in HK I am sure I am more knowledgeable than you about HK.