1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[I've Seen Enough] And Now I've Grown To Love Chris Clemons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Oct 4, 2019.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Like isiah. Lol I hate him

2. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

I love how Stocky Clemons' is.

don grahamleone and hakeem94 like this.
  3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

The Moar guards the better For SmallTony!!!!

4. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Harden’s new “Cannon” but better. He’s got some ups for sure!

alethios and don grahamleone like this.
  5. akxninja

akxninja Member

Time to offer him a 6 year $42 million contract! :D

topfive and don grahamleone like this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You guys were asleep, but two (minor) things that stood out to me in the Hawaii game:

He ran right into a pesky Bev and knocked him down.. It wasn't intentional, but man this guy is a bully.

He was yelling at Harden to give him the ball so he could shoot.

We stan a confident dude.

arubato, UTSA2step, joshuaao and 8 others like this.
  7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Waiting till Rockets release him, someone picks him up and he destroys us everytime we play against him

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he'd be a good fit on the Clippers :D

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't dislike him, but guess I'll be the party pooper. He should make the roster...

but, so far, he seems to stand out to me because of his size. if he was 6'4, this wouldn't be as impressive yet. he's shooting 12 threes a game at 33%. I'm not sure that's impressive yet. having the confidence to take shots does not make you an nba player. it's nice to have, sure.

he apparently rebounds... he has 6 rebounds in 41 minutes of action. Again, because of his size, that's seemingly great. Blossingame has 19 rebounds in 27 minutes.

He's been ok dishing the ball - it's really hard to tell, you have to factor in who he is passing to in the garbage time, but he's not Rondo out there or Kidd in terms of a passing savant type.

What I see is an incredibly fun player to watch, a little dude, who can get hot but otherwise has has done a lot of ok chucking.

The big issue here is we're stacked at guard. From that perspective I'm almost as impressed with Blossomgame so far. He doesn't "jump out of the screen" in the exciting way Clemons does. But he's scored efficiently and done the dirty work so far. I'm not sure how good of a 3 point shooter he is, in college he did hit 45% his highest volume year from three, but most of the time was under 30%. It really all comes down to his shooting, but on a team that might need to rely to heavily on Thabo Sefalosha off the bench, Blossomgame could be the younger version of that... but if he can't shoot, he can't shoot. If he can, I think it might be easier to get Blossomgame to learn to be a 3&D rebounding role player than to find time for Clemons.

All that said, besides the usual suspects, Clemons and Blossomgame are the two others that I think deserve a shot. Would have liked to have seen Bennett. I have no confidence in either Clark or Hartenstein.

D-rock, joshuaao, eman and 3 others like this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm also fading him, sorry. But guys like Clemons can make a difference when they're taking the green light to try and make a roster against weaker competition, then disappear when they're expected to coexist with better players. What role can he play when he's asked to do less? That's my concern. I don't see it yet.

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Run the floor and shoot open 3's?

jcmoon and jiggyfly like this.
  12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I hope he works out but I wouldn't bet on it. Shooting a high volume of 3s is neat but unless his percentage sees a nice uptick people will grow tired of it and turn on him.

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t buy into things like summer league or preseason performance all that much...all I’ll say about this dude right now is that he’s fun to watch in that role player who’s a gunner type of way

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

True Rocket and dmoneybangbang like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Blossomgame has the better name though.

[​IMG]

txtodd likes this.
  16. don grahamleone

17. don grahamleone

[​IMG]

Relativist likes this.
  18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Bobby Brown had a role on this team. Wouldn't be surprised if Clemsons takes that role if he stays. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19. Moahst

Moahst Member

We really haven't seen how much of a liability on defense he might be yet. I love everything else about him, but I can see him getting abused by an All Star caliber guard.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Gordon Lite?