1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

What the matter with you awful fans. You just don't appreciate the patience required to save all 3 timeouts for the last 15 seconds....which are likely passing plays anyway.

Utterly mind boggling.

Nook, UTSA2step and DaDakota like this.
  2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. I was screaming at the TV to call a timeout. No one is defending the clock management there.

Nook likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Now what made you think I was talking about you?

Loooove this interview. So much attempted ass-covering bullshit from BoB:

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Because u actually think I like O'Brien (I don't). I want my team to win. All the b****ing about the coach before **** plays out is unnecessary. All that matters is when Cal McNair gets fed up.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is a BLOODY MORON - you call a timeout and save those 15-20 seconds - what an idiot, I hate having a Les Miles as our HC.

DD

6. Buck Turgidson

Never said you liked him, just said you defended him. Which is demonstrably true.

Nook likes this.
  7. Newlin

Newlin Member

The thing is, this isn't the first, second or probably even the third time BoB has had a huge screw up with timeouts and clock management. They need to hire a time out coach. All he would be responsible for is time outs and clock management. It's really not that complicated. I think almost anyone could do this. Anyone not named Bill O'Brien.

Seriously, this is so damn frustrating.

8. Buck Turgidson

Yes, everyone but BoB and Cal know this.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

No you lost to the Colts after winning the division. You stupid embarrassing F!

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Probably in BoB Defender's mind and the fking HC himself: "we won, who fking cares during the game as long as we pull out a W!"

That time management to end the 1st half was god dam awful, he did trigger the "lead by half" criteria to get the w....

11. likestohypeguy

I can completely see how he continues to keep his job, sways people. I was screaming along with everyone else after that last first down at the end of the 1st half, with all your time outs left.. USE ONE! Would have had at least one maybe two more plays at the goal line.

Then I watch this, and I still consider that an obvious mistake, but am suddenly on his side vs. the reporters. No longer mad at him. /B.oB. defender?

12. Raven

Raven Member

Why does Reddit's /Texans carry this guys jock? The level of support he gets over there is unreal.

Nook likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

Why would you read that instead of listening to us?

Nook and vinsensual like this.
  14. CrazyJoeDavola

BREAKING NEWS:

TEXANS TO CREATE NEW COACHING STAFF POSITION:

After years of being criticized for his inability to effectively manage timeouts and critical game situations, Bill O'Brien announced late Sunday that he has created a new position on his staff to help improve performance in this area.

To no one's surprise, the newly created position, Time Optimization Czar, will be filled by none other than O'Brien himself. "I see this position demanding quite a bit of attention and versatility. Should be a fun position.", stated O'Brien. "Because my time will be even more limited now, due to all of my responsibilities, I wil no longer sleep, and will just take quick cat naps when I can, likely during 2nd and long situations as well as talent evaluation meetings.

In other slightly related news, the Texans announced that O'Brien will also be assuming the following titles, effectively immediately:

Duke of Kirby
    Earl of Fannin
    Baron of Murworth
    Chairman of the Board - NRG

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Oh my god haha

How can he defend that lol.

I guess in his mind , not calling the timeout helped set up the Kenny stills play .

Bob - “hehe they won’t suspect that I try to pass deep after we bungle this timeout situation.”

16. Buck Turgidson

"We had 2 plays called..."

"But couldn't you have called a time ou.."

"We had 2 plays called."

"But if you had, possibly called a time out..."

"The first play took longer than we expected, but we had 2 plays called."

"So you were settling for a FG?"

etc...

etc...

I hope everyone actually listens to that ****ing bullshit. He's either a liar or he's incompetent.

red and snowconeman22 like this.
  17. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Obrien is a flat out idiot. Dude blows.

We will never win anything with him.

Thats the end of it.

Nook likes this.
  18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Kyle Shanahan was the most creative play-caller in Texans history and should be our head coach.

BaselineFade likes this.
  19. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Outside of a go ahead drive where DW4 has the ball in his hands, we will be at a disadvantage anytime situational football is involved.

- 2 minute drill with all 3 TOs before the half? BoB is gonna keep 2 in his pocket just in case.

- 3rd and short to seal a game? Gonna run Lamar up the middle, although it'd probably be Duke now.

- Need a defensive stop? Romeo's gonna play his CBs with a 10 yard cushion so QBs just dink and dunk their way in.

It'd be one thing if this occurred in just 1-2 games, but year 6 and we are still having the same problems as day 1.

20. Nook

Nook Member

He won't change because he is too stubborn and arrogant.

Highly incompetent people with a strong degree of narcissism don't change. They fail repeatedly until they are removed.

Friendship or not with Cal McNair, at some point his incompetence will cost the Texans to the extent that Cal removes him.

That could be years from now though.

Buck Turgidson likes this.