1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Hamburgers Will Save the World

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by don grahamleone, Sep 10, 2019.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

care to recap the 22 minute video? Or should I ignore or read the comment section of the video?

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The title is a bit much.

This type of livestock farming and soil restoration has to be done in a specific way, and it's pretty far outside of the norm from how nearly everyone gets their meat currently. Peoples take away shouldn't be "hmm sounds good gonna have a burger tonight", unless your buying from Joel Salatin or something.

It won't save the world, but maybe we can make eating beef and other animals carbon-neutral, reducing its own footprint. It would be a start, but there's still a lot more that would need to be done to tackle climate change. There's also the need to consider water input, and then the fact that the livestock is taking up space that could be used to grow more calorically dense foods, that can also be carbon neutral, to feed people.

Overall I'd say reducing meat consumption is still clearly the best choice for the environment, but that doesn't mean making the reduced meat we do consume carbon-neutral still wouldn't be fantastic.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Jesus f-ing christ, can you please just bottom line me? This guy was so insanely dull that I had to kill the video.

5. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Someone just Thanos Snap us already.

arkoe likes this.
  6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

[​IMG]

But on sundays, be sure to have a gun.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Oh it's coming.

8. Exiled

Exiled Member

Clint Eastwood suggest more cows will increase vegetables @2x speed playback

9. Buck Turgidson

Nice. Along those lines, thought these were interesting, but of course they're from a certain perspective:

http://texasfarmbureau.org/report-clears-air-greenhouse-gas-emissions-cattle/

http://texasneighbors.texasfarmbureau.org/display_article.php?id=3467930&view=615411

http://www.ipcc.ch/report/srccl/

ThatBoyNick likes this.