1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon signs 4 year extension

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

The term for those people: 'Tilman Derangement Syndrome'

BigShasta likes this.
  2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Love this move. Also, props to Tillman for being willing to pony up the money to keep Gordon.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I have found that some people, whether they know/understand the situation/deal/move/philosophy or not, just want to complain.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The Sound of Money

D-rock and RocketsFan247 like this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LMAO, so glad @J.R. pulled out the receipts again.

Death
    Taxes
    @J.R. with the receipts.

biff17, Nook, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes I have no doubt this team can win 57 games (reg season) & finish 1st or 2nd in the West; but I have doubts the Rockets can pass the Clippers/Lakers in the playoffs (due to their balance Off/Def).

I’m guessing D’Antoni and Gordon are now married together during D’Antoni’s lame-duck final season. No NBA
    Conference finals or NBA finals this season.......”No-Go-No-More” for D’Antoni/Gordon.

Gordons contract then rolls into another wing by way of trade.

I got sick and tired of the endless parade of little to no contesting layup drills against our defense. If the Rockets can’t protect the rim better than last season.....then that remains our “Achilles Heel.”

#147 ApacheWarrior, Aug 31, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    fattz likes this.
  8. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Oh man. Congrats EG. Now we can experience a non trade rumor season.

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I respect your opinion on whether or not there are legitimate insiders on this forum! The only reason I'm not totally on your boat is that these (insiders) are still here after so many years of posters questioning their legitimacy. Clutch has had a plethora of opportunities to kick them to the curb or at the very least call them out. He hasn't. Why? I believe that they (the insiders) must have some degree of contact with the inner sanctum of the NBA. There is no other valid, coherent explanation, if not, we are ALL getting hoodwinked!

(P.S.) I will say this, and this is my opinion, they are all addicted to the attention they receive from Clutchfans! Because of this, they some/oftentimes post stuff that is pretty obvious to anyone with deductive reasoning and pass it on as insider information. Regardless, I will be elaborating further on this topic in the newsletter that BBHolic and I share! Be sure to subscribe and hit the like button!! ;)

Easy and Zoplicone like this.
  10. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

I see what you did there...

11. MystikArkitect

We've got Capela, Harden, Westbrook, Tucker, Gordon locked up. That's a good core for the next 3-4 years.

Just one good 3 and D player like Luc/Ariza and I like our chances.

12. AXG

AXG Member

Great news!

13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I always liked Eric Gordon when he was with the Clippers. He is one of the best guards in the NBA.

He was in a Slam Dunk Contest, a long time back.

3 Point Champion, 6th Man of the Year with the Rockets.

Hakeemtheking and BigShasta like this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DD faints

mrsmit7 likes this.
  15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Surprised and glad to see this. His outside shooting will be even more important since we've added the worst outside volume shooter in NBA history.

It's big money but he brings quality play, and we would not have been able to replace his skillset easily.

Plus, his skillset is one that is valued by many teams; we could always trade him if we have to.

ak99999 likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I still wouldn't extend Tucker. Maybe 1 year at 10, plus another year, same clause as EG.

amaru and fattz like this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If you can’t understand the context of why people have been upset with Tilman then I simply can’t help you.

Im glad he payed for Gordon, but it’s merely one good move amongst a sea of bad moves.

Nook and HP3 like this.
  18. fattz

fattz Member

Gordon had to much of value on his last deal that we would be going backwards if we moved him with production vs cap space. His new deal matches players like Aaron Gordon and the like. Can he be moved at the trade deadline? I am glade to see him get paid but with Westbrook where is Gordon going to play —> move Harden to the 3? He is now getting more than most starters pay and his long term fit is a head scratcher because of it.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Regardless what his real height is he is taller than Dwade and almost as tall as Harden and those two have enough height to defend SGs and SFs except for the freaks like KD and Greek Freak.

ThunderStruck likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Gordon is gonna play at the wing, which he played last season as well and did a pretty good job esp in the playoffs (hitting 40% from 3s and 50% of his 2s).

RyanB likes this.