1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Zion Williamson be the GOAT?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by theimpossibles1, Mar 20, 2019.

?

Could Zion eventually be the GOAT?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jontro

Jontro Member

so he's an undersized blake griffin basically.

solodolo11 likes this.
  2. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Dude is too fat and doesn't seem serious enough to lose it. Sean Kemp I'm thinking...

3. bmelo

bmelo Member

Did anyone think Michael can be GOAT when he was Zions age? i guess no. Can't really predict kids future, he has physical tools. If he would be a Kobe type gym psycho then he would definetly be in the convo

Lawlruschang likes this.
  4. AKdaDawg

AKdaDawg Member

Overweight Blake Griffin*

whiskeyred, s3ts and Jontro like this.
  5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I would argue he's an oversized BG with how much weight he has on his body and how hard he runs it. Maybe he figures some stuff out, but the dude has already had some bad injuries and his career is so young.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

he's had one freak injury where his shoe split wide open and was forced to do the splits.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Uh, right....

8. magichat281

magichat281 Member

he just got to work on it. Hes hitten 3s before and ive been following him before college. High school tapes look way better than his college. He was jab stepping and euro stepping for a big fella. He has some moves man dont underestimate him. He prob had a better form in high school then he did in college by the looks of it. His form kinda got slower or weird in college.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where do you see a foul???

10. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

8 pages for a yes or no poll with only one legit answer?

No.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Golly, rimrocker. Some of us posted back in the middle of May that he hadn't proven anything yet. Could have just said no, but having seen little of the guy in college, I thought I'd first see him play some in the league. Early returns? No. To be fair, Jordan didn't show signs of how good he was going to be early on, unlike Olajuwon, in my opinion. Different positions, but it was perfectly obvious right away that Dream was going to be a stud. I remember seeing an shot of Pat Riley scribbling on a blackboard in the locker room during the '86 WC Finals series, one they lost 5-1 (Akeem's 2nd year), "Contain Olajuwon!!" Jordan didn't explode until year 3.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  12. Exiled

Exiled Member

no doubt about that

roslolian likes this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

He is 6'6 he'd be lucky to be as good as Draymond Green. He is more athletic than Green but Green had 3 pt shooting and passing out of the box. Zion is also massively overweight and thats a problem for him because he gets his power and explosion from his body mass. If he slims down he is gonna get weaker like Lebron and Shaq did and thats assuming he manages to lose 40 pounds in the 2-3 years. As a fatty myself it is super hard to lose weight and Zion is an NBA athlete, he is already getting so much cardio and reports say he works out at 5 am everyday, if he is already this big with all the activity he is doing exactly what does he have to do to shed all those pounds?

Wiggins is the one who would be in the convo if he was a Kobe type gym psycho not Zion.

#153 roslolian, Aug 1, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Gray_Jay likes this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

zion could get liposuction. then he'd be in the goat convo

15. AXG

AXG Member

I envision Zion playing like a young Charles Barkley

16. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Hire a dietitian and a professional chef, and listen to them. Weight loss is achieved at the table much more than in the gym. If he's as driven as people in this thread seem to think, the weight should come off if he needs it to.

How are his low post moves and hands? If he can't shoot from outside, can he at least score contested close range shots and be a beast on the glass? Somebody has to clean up misses in this era of stand at the three point line and bomb. How he's going to be officiated will determine his early success at that. Reading @Deckard, it sounds like the NBA has already decided to help him.

I like the comp of a more athletic Barkley. LOL at GOAT, but I remember reading Bill Russell being salty about LeBron's chances in the NBA, so this future prediction thing is a lot harder than it looks.

Deckard likes this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

No Worries and theimpossibles1 like this.
  18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Look at that baby fat!

;-)

19. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

He's already FAR more dangerous offensively than Dray. Doubt he'll be the defender Dray is, but then very few are. With his explosiveness, young Barkley is the best comparison so far - hopefully he doesn't follow Barkley's diet and conditioning plan.

20. H-town Ballistics

you can't be the goat if you dont have a jump shot.