1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chad Ford: 1. Kobe 2. Francis 3. Iverson.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ths balla, Feb 26, 2004.

1. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Why would Boston and Toronto trade Carter or Pierce? The same reason Houston trades Francis: <b>Change </b>. Simple. I'm sure the players wont demand a trade. But their respective teams just arent going anywhere. U dont think there is no Pierce bashing or Carter bashing going on in Toronto and Boston? The Celts just finished going 1-10, and Toronto's best player looks to be D. Marshall....pretty sad....especially in the East. You dont think Steve was an all-star? As much as Carter or Pierce were. I consider all 3 to be equal players actually. Pierce better of the 3 cause he plays better D and is taller. I wouldnt expect a top 10 player in return for Francis. But we should get either a top 20 player (R. Allan, Carter, Pierce type) or a young all-star and role player (AK 47 + Arroyo). Anything less than that and watch Charlotte take our playoff spot next year.....

2. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Possibly after all this talk out in the open, Steve Francis might alter his mind set and start giving his best Game once again, thats if he realy loves staying in Houston. The remainder of the season will reveal all!

3. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

C'mon... where are all of you Francis haters, or even the "Francis Faithless" (those who don't hate him, but have given up on him fitting into the system). Now is your chance to make some easy money for the BBS, if you truly believe or know that he is going to be traded step up.

I don't know what to think of what I like to call the "New Yetti". At least with the old Yetti, the one that used to bash Francis mercilessly while praising Yao, I knew where he stood. This new Yetti seems to type alot, but really say nothing ;) .

Seriously though Yetti, I hope you're not insinuating that Francis is purposely not giving his best. The guy hustles every night and I don't think anyone wants to win more than he does (if for no other reason than to get a temporary respite from all of the criticism).

4. rocksolid

rocksolid Contributing Member

We could hire Jerry West, and all of these problems would go away.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The only thing that will keep Steve from getting traded this off-season is if the offers aren't there. And I think there will be plenty of interest.

6. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

you are right, there are no GM's in this thread and more specifically no JVG. who knows what he really thinks? it is clear to me that francis is a bad fit in the system and makes the max. logically, it would be in the best interest of all concerned to make a move. however, JVG may see things that i don't, i'm just a fan, but i can hardly contain my rage everytime francis slowly walks the ball up the court only to dribble himself into an amazingly difficult shot!

7. Luis Alvarez

Luis Alvarez Member

Houston also receives a 2004 Utah second-round pick and a conditional second-round pick. (Glen Rice trade 093003)

8. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

With the emergence of Chris Wilcox, the Clips may be willing to trade Brand for Francis. Wilcox has been averaging 9 points and 5 boards in only 20 minutes a game behind Brand. If they're not willing to trade Brand, I'd see what it would take to get a package of Wilcox and Jaric in Houston.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

HeyDude, good points. I agree.

10. oliver_67

oliver_67 Member

Guys, if you get Ray, where should Cat go?

Or you want to put Ray at 3?

11. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I'd give my left nut and the left nuts of all my friends for Peja Stojakovic. Yeah, I'll go back to bed and keep dreaming now.

Please Nachbar, someday be one third of the player Peja is...

12. O-dawg

Supporting Member

Haven't seen the walk up court and dribble fest much this season. Now the walking may have stopped because of JVG constantly encouraging his players (not just Francis) to get the ball up court. The dribble fest has been cut back tremendously because as a part of the set offense Francis gives the ball to the wing early so that the ball can be dumped into Yao (or if the wing is not open Francis dumps it in himself). Most of the bone headed shots I've seen Francis take this season have been when plays break down.

In any case this thread started with opinions on whether Steve will be traded or not. I believe that he stays, and are still waiting to here from those who are so confident that he is gone that they say it is a certainty.

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I'm in. $25 for Tip Jar? It's worth it. Mark it down.

14. O-dawg

Supporting Member

Suprised to see you be the first to step up Xiki, as you were one of the ones to say you would hate to see him go, but hey I'll take that bet (it's for a good cause).

Xiki@25.00 that Francis will be traded

Now where are all of you die hard Francis detractors... don't make me start calling names...:D (just kidding). But if you really believe (or know), why wouldn't you? You could bet $2.00(can you do that with paypal) bucks for all I care, I just want you to put your money where your mouth is.

15. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

what games are you watching?
    another $25 for the tip jar then, is that enough for you?

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

You could play Ray at the 3 in short spurts, but his main position would be the 2. What would I do with Mobley? I would either have him accept a 6th man role (playing 'starters minutes') or I would package him with someone else for front court help.

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I did NOT say I want him traded. I bet that he WOULD be traded. I may well 'lose', and, if I do, I'll put ANOTHER tip in the Tip Jar.

I 'dream' of SF and CM and YAO hoisting the trophy @the Toy Shop. If it can only be hoisted without SF and/or CM I'll still be thrilled, but it would be so sweet to see the three with the LO'B trophy.

18. O-dawg

Supporting Member

I watch them all (even been to a few this season), and I tape most of the ones I watch (my girl really hates when I re-watch certain parts of a game after a game). I could get into a detailed reply about how Francis has improved this year in getting the ball up the floor to start the offense and break down plays in which Francis gets rid of the ball early to get into the offense... but why bother, at this stage of the season, if you don't see it, then you won't. How about I just take your money for the tipjar...mmmkay:D

thegary@$25.00 that Francis will be traded...

any others?

19. O-dawg

Supporting Member

I definitely agree with you here, and whats more I think that those three are capable of one day leading a team to a champioship (together, none of them seperately). I don't buy into the thought that their games are incompatible. There is enough ball for Yao, Steve, and Cat (in that order I might add), in the right system with roles of every player clearly defined. I say again it would require that all players have the understanding (including Yao himself) that Yao is the first option getting the most shots, with Steve close behind, and Mobes as the third option keeping defenses honest.

20. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

I would still want Cato in our roster, he is a good serviceable back up center.