1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gilbert Arenas: "This (Rockets) team will not be successful"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets11206, Aug 1, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We are top heavy and top heavy in the back court, it is what it is.

And Clint, PJ and partly Faried did a good job of holding the front court together......

He at least and falsely called CP3 6'1 and 6'2 while CP was closer to 5'11- 6'0

The guy next to Arenas, yeah he wanted to bring out some good points, but he is too hesitant.

You can't be too hesitant or you know talk that slow on a Podcast. Of course Arenas gonna own him in wordplay.

#81 daywalker02, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    BigShasta and roslolian like this.
  2. bmelo

bmelo Member

All that talk is assuming AD/LBJ/KUZMA/BOOGIE will be healthy. Rest of the team is shitshow... i guess by the time we face them they will be without atleast one of tham or banged up hard. They will for sure loose a lot of RS games and wont be no1 and in the playoffs they potentialy have to go through Denver/Clippers/GSW which won't be easy road for anyone. On the other hand we are durable as **** with our core - RW/JH/PJ all are in the top durability levels

don grahamleone and roslolian like this.
  3. bmelo

bmelo Member

I listened to the pod... unfortunately i agree with everything Gilbert says and I was saying the same since we lost Trevor and LMM

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

ManScaped.com..... :D Gift for the balls.

#84 daywalker02, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Covington ain’t worth two first round picks. We should be able to get more than a role player for multiple first round picks. That’s damn near a star package

don grahamleone likes this.
  6. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

I agree with the fact that we do need size. Personally, I would be concerned about a lame duck coach. Will MDA be all in this year and motivated enough to get us deep in the playoffs with no contract extension.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

29% 3 pt in the playoffs goes a long way

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ever heard of contract year? I expect MDA to coach out of his mind or I want him fired by midseason.

I dunno why people expect players to play out of their mind for a new deal but coaches are gonna be lame ducks and not try their best for an extension or a sweet contract somewhere else.

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

because its not about the coaches effort. its about the players buying in to what the coach is saying. if they think he won't be back he'll lose the locker room. also players aren't 70 and willing to retire if you push them. MDA can easily mail it in and call it a career. I don't think he will, but I don't think it matters if he coaches out of his mind either, if the players know he won't be back. that's the key. the players have to know this is the system we've got and you've gotta buy in.

lame duck coaches routinely lose the locker room and underperform. its a known bad situation. the only worse situation is removing a coach midseason. that would be the very last thing to want. if things were that turbulent we'd end up with one of the last playoff spots.

the rockets need to extend MDA 1 more year (even if they aren't sure about bringing him back after this season) or remove him now. the reason neither of those is likely to happen is because tilman won't pay 2 coaches at the same time for 1 year. he'll wait for MDA's contract to be up and then replace him. if the entire roster knows this is his last year it spells trouble.

Easy likes this.
  10. Hardy Toll Road

The Russell Westbrook experiment will work if health permits. Too much talent for it not to work. Russell's energy and tenacity will elevate the team to another level.

11. dmoneybangbang

Yea we need an oversized wing/traditional forward.

We also got burst and a dynamic guard that can beat his man.

12. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I do agree with his lack of size comments. We had to start EGo because we cold never find a 3 & D wing last year (House this year?). I think we still need a SF or PF with some size/length to help on the boards (can bennett fill that role?). Westbrook will help some with rebounding, but we need some size around the paint come playoff time (still have time to do that later in the season).

What he didn't say though was the style of offense we run, we make other teams take their bigs out of the game. G St was the only team that had a small ball lineup better than ours. Not anymore without kd and Iggy.

13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I love getting to hear analysis from washed up players.

[​IMG]

don grahamleone and CCity Zero like this.
  14. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Am I over optimistic that House and Clark will get to play more minutes at the 3 and 4?

And if size was not an issue over the last few years, size will not be the issue this season.

Having said that, until Rockets can get a good to great defender at the 3, it will tough to win it all.

Denovo likes this.
  15. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I would love to be wrong but Bennet is not gonna pan out. He will likely be waived before the season even starts...

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Morey is laughing at him: No, it's not about size. It's about how many stars you can get.

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

Paul George shot 45% with russ on the floor, and 40.4% w/o russ over 860 minutes (not a small sample size).

russ is excellent at getting guys open looks. harden won't have to hit 400 contested 3's next year. some might be open catch&shoot opportunities. all the other shooters will get better looks too.

russ is also an average 36% catch&shoot player but he was forced into high usage because he never played with other ball dominant players. KD and PG are better at catching the ball in their spots and looking to attack from there, they aren't attack off the dribble and pass guys like harden.

i have faith that russ can curtail (doubt he will eliminate) his terrible mid range pull up and his off the dribble 3. if he sticks to moreyball by attacking the paint where he's excellent at finishing and assisting, and spotting up from 3 he will have his most efficient year.

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I know we've gone around about those 5 mins, Don... We were still +2 for those 5 mins... Steph Curry is always a blatant defensive liability - but what else he brings to the table makes that negligible...

As a Rocket Faried had a total of approx 52 mins vs GSW with a net of +3

There were much more than 5 mins of Harden looking totally lost in game 6 against SAS a couple years ago... throwing the ball out of bounds, guys running right by him, shot totally broken.... was he deemed 'unplayable' and kicked to the curb?

not saying Faried is Curry or Harden... but the #s are what they are...

Little Bit likes this.
  19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i think it's more size at the 3 and 4 positions. No dout that our 5 spot is handled between Clint, Chandler and Hartenstein. But that's the only position those guys can play.

GotGame15 and DirtyDizzil like this.
  20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

[​IMG]