1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kelly Iko: Could Houston acquire Andre Iguodala? Trade for Kevin Love? Upgrade in any way?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 29, 2019.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Aside from the public lies about spending “whatever it takes” and “winning at all costs” and whatnot...they’re literally doing the exact same thing they did last year: pray that one of their cheap minimum contracts pans out better than expected because they aren’t willing to pay for proven talent.

They’re a contender that is acting like a mid-tier team. I honestly can’t understand why there are still people defending them.

2. mockster

mockster Member

Clint for love isn’t really that bad of a deal. Love fits in with our offense more. Clint capela can get shut down and be completely useless at times and big bro Anthony Davis will boss him around

Clint capela defiantly has the ability to get even better though and there’s no denying when he doesn’t go in ghost mode he’s top five center

3. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

fireworks
    2 yard line
    luxury tax savings

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

RA: "If it means paying more luxury tax, hell no." - Tilman

vick likes this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Short of a buyout or Tillman being embarrassed into making a move, I am pretty confident what you see is what you get.

Last year they lost both wings and never replaced them. They didn’t use all of the MLE. Those were not basketball motivated decisions. Those were financially motivated decisions.

The Rockets had ample opportunities to add players or increase payroll and they didn’t this summer.

Until they prove otherwise, this is what you get and the BS comments about “we like X” only confirms it... just like “New Math” and “pick of Fred agents”... they knew it was BS but couldn’t say “Well our owner won’t pay it.”

Gray_Jay, Deuce, luckyman76 and 7 others like this.
  6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't need to pay $29.99 to know better than trying to trade for Kevin Love.

Hell , even adding Iggy is questionable.

IBTL and vick like this.
  7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the answer to all of Kelly's questions is yes they could, but no they won't.

IMG_7223.jpg

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i cringe every time i see this tilman jersey pic now b/c although 17 is half of 34, tilman is not 1/2 -- MFer is not even 1/2000 the man of honor that dream is. not to mention 17 was mario's number. we need to photoshop that pic to like #30 a la royce white. and traitor kenny

vick likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I said AJ was. Not is. He’s toast. Sorry for him.

Ramo$e likes this.
  11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I want to seecwhat tge young guys can do.

Only way they can prove themselves is to play.

Cant pull them just because they make mistakes. If they just flat out arent good enough, are getting man handled and they arent bringing enough positives to outweigh the negatives then pull them.

But dont bury them. Dantoni seems to like to bury young players. I like that he will be forced to play some of these guys and maybe actually develop someone so we can have a real rotation during the season.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

fellow CF brethren, kindly post only this pic of this POS going forward. @Carl Herrera

Little Bit likes this.
  13. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

this is gonna be the one I use going forward! lol

cerophilik and pippendagimp like this.
  15. KellyUnchained

Lmaooooooo!!

Chamillionaire likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

The family resemblance is uncanny.

Ramo$e likes this.
  17. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

I'm so excited about getting Terrance Jones for the 5th time. Woohoo. I bet things will be different this time. Lol

izeroi, Ramo$e, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

It doesnt matter how well suited he is to the system if MDA doesnt play him..

I dont buy that Melo and MDA 'mended fences'... i think MDA grinned and beared it bc he wasnt walking away from the paycheck this time... and getting dumped 10 games in certainly doesnt seem like all were on board... I still believe Bzdelik quit bc of Melo and Melo was then dumped to entice Bzdelik to return..

Faried aint coming back... imo... which bums me out bc i really liked the energy he brought... This one i put on MDA...

Gray_Jay likes this.
  19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Great post. If we can get Bennett to play a little defense and hit some 3s, I'd be thrilled. If his defense isn't there, bring him or Gerald in for instant offense (going with whoever's got the hot hand) and Clark for D. I think Hartenstein may need another year, but he could play those games when Chandler is resting (in other words, against crap teams).

As for T-Jones, he's probably about as skilled and experienced a guy as we could find who'd be happy in that last roster spot.

20. Chamillionaire

House is gonna have to step up and I think he can do that in the RS. He'll shoot over 40% and when they close out, he can take it to the rack. Just hoping he steps up in the playoffs next year when we REALLY need him to.

J Sizzle, jch1911 and lionaire like this.