1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin: The NBA has given up on me.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jul 28, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Crazy, I thought Boston, Cleveland paid him ........I think IT still got the tag of being a midget, at least Lin was 6'3.

Thomas will still get gigs as the 12th or 13th man.

2. Lovemachine2000

That speaks more about IT's extremely poor decision-making than anything about Lin. Thomas could have easily had a massive pay day, but he was too greedy. The Celtics were offering a 3-year, $100 million extension, but he wanted a John Wall-type max deal. He screwed himself over.

Roomba, hvic, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  3. akxninja

akxninja Member

Actually its pretty interesting, last season at trade deadline Lin was considered an asset, he was playing well up until then, and obviously since the trade to Raptors he's pretty much sucked. I think theres still some value for Lin as a bench role somewhere, maybe Sac or something, but he needs to find the right fit to be successful and that right fit needs to want him. Either way best of luck to him, he's made plenty to live off of, so if he can't find a job in the NBA and loves the game that much, plenty of opportunities overseas.

hvic, D-rock and Lovemachine2000 like this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did Lamar Odom even use ‘ Rock Bottom’?

About to die in a brothel with seven drugs in his system
    Divorced and out of the league

And Jeremy Lin is rock bottom ?

He’s using that Jesus shield. We all know those people.
    Self righteous and selfish people that pop the I’m religious card when times are tough

AroundTheWorld and persian hoopa like this.
  5. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Lock this up already or move it to the NBA thread

6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Lin is on my 2k19 roster. The year is 2023 and he comes off the bench. Shoots like 30 percent. I'm probably going to cut him.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The point was he's been very fortunate with timing so it's weird to talk about his bad luck, rock bottom, NBA quitting on him, etc.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

I thought my loathing of Jeremy Lin. matched @tinman back in the day. Doesn’t hold a candle to his based on his posts today :) Loved his rants about Lin and his fans. Keep it up my man

tinman likes this.
  9. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

I thought my loathing of Jeremy Lin. matched @tinman back in the day. Doesn’t hold a candle to his based on his posts today :) Loved his rants about Lin and his fans. Keep it up my man

tinman likes this.
  10. txn

txn Member

That’s news for me. :eek: Thought he was dumped by the Hawks.

11. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Member

Full video at a chinese church:

12. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Can’t stand when dude talks about being victimized. At the end of the day, he’s made millions of dollars playing in the NBA with a economics degree from Harvard. Give me an effing break with nonsense like the ‘NBA has given up on me.’ No sh** Sherlock, the NBA typically ‘gives up’ on all washed up players regardless of how good they were at some point in the past or their ethnicity....

AroundTheWorld and tinman like this.
  13. Lovemachine2000

That's apples to oranges... Lamar Odom chose to to marry a blood-sucking vampire; he chose to abuse drugs, and he chose to do so in a brothel, almost ending his own life.

Jeremy Lin didn't choose multiple season-ending injuries. One may consider his self-pitying undeserved and overplayed, but unlike Odom, his woes are not self-inflicted. I agree that Lin's personality is not likeable to many people. His off-court comments and on-court body-language often betray his neuroticism and insecurity, and his penchant for biblical "lessons" is off-putting. Linsanity was the best thing that happened to him, but it simultaneously doomed him to fail for the rest of his career, for he couldn't possibly maintain the same level of performance the next season, or ever have that stretch again. If this turns out to be the end of his NBA career, I can understand his deep disappointment.

kjayp likes this.
  14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I can certainly see that on here - what with everyone having to deal with the LOFs... I just wish folks could be a lil classier about it (on both sides)... As an outside observer (who has no real vested interest in Lin) it does seem he got dogged quite a bit from some players for just being asian - which isnt cool...

imo... just a view from the sidelines from a middle aged white guy livin in Las Vegas... lol

15. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Well I must say that speech is about 5 yrs late. LOL

AroundTheWorld and tinman like this.
  16. kjayp

was it acceptable when Ron Harper complained about "doing his jail time..." with the Clips... while making millions?

jus sayin... lol

17. biff17

biff17 Member

When was he ever dogged by players for being Asian?

It seems he was dogged for being overhyped.

18. biff17

biff17 Member

What?

How is that comparable?

19. kjayp

jus sayin players are always b****in and gripin about one thing or another - despite livin in the lap of luxury... its human nature...

20. biff17

biff17 Member

And that has nothing to do with saying I am at rock bottom.

tinman likes this.