1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019 Trade Speculation and/or Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Joe Joe, May 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Yep they are definitely better now, but 6 games and a mountain of teams is a lot to overcome in 2 months. The NL is full of mediocrity however, so I guess you never know. Crazier things have happened.

2. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Bumgarner with a so-so outing today. Can’t imagine it helps his trade value, if the Giants are even going to sell.

3. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I mean, I’m sure they do, but it’s not like they have to get their 2020 rotation squared away today. They are just dumb.

4. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I agree. Just like I think it's stupid for the Padres to go after Thor. Ken Rosenthal said earlier this week that non contending teams were making moves that would set them up for 2020. Idk if this has to do with the possible CBA strike.

5. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Absolutely. That’s why I said I don’t think his goal is to get over or win the trade or fleece the league. It’s consolidation of value in as few roster spots as possible.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

The current CBA takes us into the winter of 2021 can’t imagine any deals of that kind impacted by CBA

8. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Tucker's ready, so maybe they're locked in on him and waiting for Luhnow to make his move.

raining threes likes this.
  9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The NL wildcard race is crazy. Marlins and maybe the Pirates are the only teams not in playoff contention. The rest of the teams are one 8-2 run from being in the thick of it. And these would be wildcard teams have to be play each other (and the division leaders) for the next two months. Things may settle out come September 1, but they are crazy now.

10. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Everyone is acting like Stroman is a rental, they have him next year also.

It's funny to me how people on here are ripping the Mets and they have no idea who they gave up for him

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mets 4th(AK) & 6th(SWR) prospects according to MLB.com

#1331 J.R., Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  12. The Beard

So they got Stroman for next year and didn't give up a top 100 prospect

Seems like a pretty damn good deal

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Absolutely delusional. Drayton-esque.

God, how much must it suck to be a Mets fan.

OTOH, taking 2 of 3 from the Cards was pretty sweet. Even as Miley flirted with getting shelled all day.

I also don't think Alvarez is going to be the solution in Left. He's not Manny Ramirez bad, but he's not good. Of course, hit the ball like Alvarez, and you don't need to be good.

15. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Doesn’t seem like much to give up in terms of current prospect ranking (we won’t know for years how good the prospects end up being) which should mean that the asking price for other pitchers comes down. If that’s all they had to give up for Stroman then I think Luhnow will be able to retain our top guys in any deal.

16. The Beard

Agree, but if it means we could have got Stroman for Bukauskas and Abreu, sure wish we would have pulled the trigger

17. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

He’s the solution at DH. Will only need to plug him in the field for inter league play (or WS)

18. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Drayton Delusions got us to the World Series after starting 15-30

19. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Who knows if the Astros were even involved. Whatever Luhnow ends up doing will MOST LIKELY be great for the team. He may have eyes on someone else for all we know. I still think Mad Bum is the guy we get if any. Luhnow may decide to roll with Miley as our third guy in the playoffs and go after bullpen guys instead.

I was never big on Stroman so I’m not that upset. I’ve seen him in the playoffs before and it wasn’t that great. OTOH, I’ve seen MadBum in the playoffs and it was spectacular.

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Mets May have acquired Stroman as insurance for next year in the eventuality that they trade one of their other starters.

raining threes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.