1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[POLL] Always Sunny vs. The Office

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by theimpossibles1, Jul 26, 2019.

?

Which show is better?

1. The Office (US)

2. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. theimpossibles1

Vote and discuss, if you wish.

2. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Always Sunny by far.

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Being a sports message board, I feel like It’s Always Sunny is going to win a landslide.

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I’ve never seen a single episode of Sunny.

The office is one of the greatest sitcoms of all time but I don’t have the perspective to compare.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  5. theimpossibles1

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Both 2 of my 5 favorite comedies of all time. Really hard to compare the 2. Way more heart in the Office, but way less boundaries on IASIP. I dont think I can choose one.

ryan_98, Kim, tmoney1101 and 2 others like this.
  7. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Could never get into Sunny whenever episodes came on the air. Just seems like terrible people doing terrible things.

Definitely prefer shows with heart like the office or parks & rec.

Eric Riley likes this.
  8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Office had an actual storyline.
    Sunny were loosely related skits.

You could experiment more in Sunny and every episode was amazing because of it, Office storyline over time was very solid and you grew attached to the characters.

I liked both and they're too different to compare honestly.

DCkid likes this.
  9. Roscoe Arbuckle

The Office was ok, but doesn't have the rerun appeal to watch again. Always sunny has enough to laugh at more than once.

I felt The Office was a lot like Friends, in that it felt like they were dialing it in, but I had a girl have me rewatch the first season of Friends. THAT was what made us all fall in love with it in the first place. Not sure why it went so stale after that first season.

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I have tried it’s always sunny on several different occasions and it just never hooked me in.

11. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

“The streaming service is set to shell out $100 million per year for the show, even though it’s technically a property of NBC’s parent company. Universal Television, a separate division of NBCUniversal, produced the show with Deedle-Dee Productions and Reveille Productions.

“The Office” has been a staple on Netflix, and was far and away the most streamed show on the service in 2018, according to data from Nielsen. Viewers streamed more than 52 million minutes of the show that year – 20 million more than the second-most watched show, “Friends.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...tflix-and-why-nbc-had-pay-so-much/1587151001/

The office is literally one of the most rewatched shows on the planet. NBC just paid 500 million to stream the show on their new platform for the next 5 years. Netflix offered 90 million per and was rejected.

BigM likes this.
  12. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Sunny is cool, but The Office was a staple in my life for years. No comparison.

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I never actually finished Friends but it was great for longer than 1 season.

The Office has at least 5 seasons of pure gold until a drop off. Even then there are some great episodes until Carrell leaves.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think more people are drawn to The Office. But as another poster has said, the demographic on Clutchfans slants towards 18-49 males, so I wouldn't be surprised if IASIP is winning the poll.

15. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I've never watched The Office but I'm going to give it a shot. I need something else funny that I can binge when I can't sleep, I'm trying to watch a few episodes right now and the first one I'm seeing is where they are doing a play (sweeney todd) and I can't wait for it to end. Was that a bad episode to start with?

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Apples and oranges, really. I've laughed harder at Sunny than I ever did at The Office but it's a different type of comedy. Love them both, won't vote.

Acura and tmoney1101 like this.
  17. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I started watching The Office for the first time earlier this year. It was funny and amusing, but I still prefer Community and Parks and Rec over it. Community at its peak is #1, but it had its bad eras. Parks and Rec was amazing throughout, except for season 1.

I never really got into IASIP after watching some of its first season when it was new.

18. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Shows are quite different, and thus difficult to compare (versus Office v Parks and Rec).

Office is a much more standard sitcom, albeit one of the best.

I had to vote Sunny, as I think they have done a great job at keeping the series unique from season to season.

Acura likes this.
  19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Don't really think the two shows could possibly be compared.

They're 2 of my top 3 comedy series of all time with Arrested Development being the other.

Sunny - back in the day of pregaming it was ALWAYS the show to watch. It just has that factor to me at least where you'd be laughing an insane amount.

The Office - funnily enough I'm doing my 4th watch through of it now. It portrays emotion pretty well throughout. The comedy is a slow burn with laughs throughout and a couple of peaks where something draws a lot of laughter.

Sunny for more of the lots of laughter.

Office for more of an enjoyable binge session (sober)

20. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Is Parks and Rec the greatest post season 1 turn around in sitcom history?