1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Iman Shumpert Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Jul 23, 2019.

1. jayfree

jayfree Member

Now that Ben McLemore is here I am certain he is out the door for realz this time.

Thanks for the sub 30% 3-pt shooting and half a steal a game.

2. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Career was made off of lebron greatness. Time to sign hartenstein and Gary Clark!

Riz, Highlyrated and jayfree like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Why does that mean Shumpert is out the door?

4. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Unless you have inside information

[​IMG]

For starting this thread

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Premature Appreciation.
    [​IMG]

6. jacoby

jacoby Member

It doesn't. Shumpert's only value to this team would be his inflated 1 year contract that will be trade fodder at the deadline.

If he isn't signed to a $10m contract then I will lose all faith in this ownership.

JVL713 and HP3 like this.
  7. jayfree

jayfree Member

Because Shump most likely isn't signing a minimum contract to stay in Houston (and adding another 3 and d player pretty much puts that to rest). The only way the Rockets resign him is if they do a sign and trade.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I can't believe they're going to let this dude walk so they can lie about ducking the tax again. lmfao.

JVL713 likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Saw this thread and then saw this thread bumped and thought he was gone. :D

Thanks for the Luxury Tax Savings!
    You made us 2018-19 Luxury Tax Savings champions and no one can take that away from us!

luckyman76 likes this.
  10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A healthy Shumpert is still twice the player of McLemore, when all is considered.
    The two aren't mutually exclusive to my way of thinking though.
    McLemore's top end potential IMO is 10-15 minutes/game. While Shump's upside is 27 -29 minutes/ a game ...Look at his shooting before he was hurt in Sacto and Cleveland....never fully recovered in time for us. He was out there in the playoffs, but not close to 100%. Before, in Cleveland,Shump eventually got hurt, came back and was in LBJ's doghouse...didn't see the floor. We'll see him up it defensively, and stick that J at about 38-39..wherever he is.(40-41 potentially for us)I, obviously want him to stay, but most see him as only the means of adding a "better" player.This guy can still play..he's not just a veteran presence.

#10 Plowman, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    don grahamleone, Aruba77 and xiki like this.
  11. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

OMG! The Rockets season is over if they dont sign Shumpert!

12. basketballholic

Thread should be EGo Appreciation Thread.

Nets, Knicks, Grizzlies, Suns, TWolves, Pacers, Heat, Wizards, Hornets, Cavs.

13. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

What are you hearing?

14. basketballholic

Nothing really. Just piecing things together right now. I'll be shocked if EGo is still here by training camp. And I won't be shocked if Shump is still here.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

But we dont know that we are only gonna offer him the minimum nor do we know that we arent using him in a sign and trade.

16. Garner

Garner Member

Mclemore is a 3D player now? He’s a guy hanging on to his nba life.

Shrimp and mclemore aren’t related.

Highlyrated and Plowman like this.
  17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We're positioned well regarding Shump.

Sign him for 13. He balls out, and he's a bargain.

If things aren't kosher and/ or the right opportunity presents itself we can still move him.

There is the whole League minimum deal, but that's not what everyone wants to see....Still, it wouldn't shock me. The Panda's Friend.

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. Good post.

I have absolutely zero sources except gut. And you guys out there trust your gut..

It was no reach for me to say that i thought ad was going to lakers and originally had kwahi to clips.

Kudos to you for reading the lines and admitting as such here. I feel the same very strongly about ego. I think hes gone..

Now the truth be told I thought ego was a goner a long time ago. I still think he is the odd man out even though westbrook and harden need another 3 point shooter to throw it to. i cant think of anyone as good as him to catch and shoot?

Who can catch and shoot at the level ego can?

Not many so thats why if do give him up the return needs to be big. All star big.

I dont have enough time to look at each roster but I wonder what all star we could get if we sent ego and picks?
    Anyone?
    Separate of the free agent list I guess i need to look at power rankings top 30 players and start there.

Ego is damn good and the team that gets him is getting a damn good player. Surely morey is selling this and its true. For some reason he feels off on this team still. thats just me though probably

LFE171 likes this.
  19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Simple question: if BMc makes the squad and if BMac gets pt, whose minutes are lost? GreenHouse?
    Simple question II: when IS is resigned and plays (until inevitable swap in Dec or Feb), whose minutes are lost?

20. T. Will tha Don

Not for this team and what the system asks of the wing players.