1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: CP feels betrayed by Morey and Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Jul 13, 2019.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup. I’m still a bit shocked 33 year old, well rested CP3 couldn’t give us more. He was playing like Andre Miller our there...

sammy, amaru, topfive and 2 others like this.
  2. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

The constant one trick pony trade Capela. Resign Luc WHO HAS NEVER PLAYED AGAIN. GTFOH. Ariza an overpaid shell. I would have offered his same contract and he would have turned it down. You always want to trade our players when we need more. Ryno is what doomed us and it is obvious now our sorry owner will not invest in the team. Go ahead and keep blaming Harden for this team that would be irrelevant without him. Not even a playoff team. Put Derozan on here and we don’t make playoffs. Keep going down the list genius. LBJ couldn’t make the playoffs in the West. People like you always blame Harden when he cannot beat 4 all stars with one hand tied behind his back. CP3 was a good risk that went bad. If you cannot pivot and adapt to situations in life what use are you. You would sabotage our team over one player because of some insane dislike of him and a threat that no longer exists in the Warriors.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Rockets fans feel betrayed by CP3's Hamstring ….

Rockets Fans feel betrayed by CP3's decline ….

Rockets fans feel betrayed by that $40m anchor of a contract for a player who wasn't half of the one we expected.

Bye Felecia!

Rashmon, Tfor3, PeterKingX and 5 others like this.
  5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't see that happening - OKC isn't going to buy him out with 3 years left and CP3 isn't giving up a single cent to make it happen.

The Fakers don't have the assets to make it happen now and after December 15th it would require Danny Green , KCP and another 6.2m to match the salary which would have to be made up of at least 2 contracts.

You need to reach $28,880,000 for matching purposes from the contracts below.

Danny Green $14,634,146
    Kentavious Caldwell-Pope $8,089,282
    Avery Bradley $4,767,000
    McGeeJaVale McGee $4,000,000
    CousinsDeMarcus Cousins $3,500,000
    CookQuinn Cook $3,000,000
    CarusoAlex Caruso $2,750,000
    RondoRajon Rondo $2,564,753
    KuzmaKyle Kuzma $1,974,600
    DudleyJared Dudley $1,620,564
    DanielsTroy Daniels $1,620,564

The Fakers aren't better in any scenario where they give up both Green and KCP + 2 more players.

vlaurelio, Mathloom and cerophilik like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

is this legit?
    can these 2 refuse to be traded for cp3?

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I’m not

J Sizzle likes this.
  8. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Any single one of those guys alone are better than current Chris Paul....

#608 Sanctity, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Good question …. and one I don't know the answer to.

My post was just showing how difficult it would be for the Fakers to acquire CP3 via trade.

This would further complicate that - If true.

And really , the idea of OKC buying him out is almost silly considering the cost.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Nope, i dont feel "betrayed" by something someone cant control, its nonsense.

This one....is understandable.

No, I dont this is absolutely wrong. The contract affected nothing at all.

That is so wrong, it is unbelievable.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

That contract did affect personnel decisions and their ability to add anything of substance … Other free agents see the obvious decline and want no part of that.

You have to realize he's a #3 option being paid like a number #1 option and the issue with that is the inability to add to that because of cap constraints.

It also plays into the luxury tax with the sheer size of the deal , it along with Harden's contract gets you to 74% of the soft cap and ~59.9% of the luxury tax with only two players , one of which isn't living up to the contract.

If CP3 is performing like a superstar , that doesn't hurt you. But when he's missing 20 games and playing his worst in the playoffs …. its a back breaker.

I guess the bottom line is I didn't like CP3 before he got here , couldn't stand the antics - nut punching (hell we complain about Draymond doing similar stuff) and all the chirping at the refs every time there's a call.
    I don't mind that he's gone and think Morey did well in terms of the cost to move him and the quality of player we got in return. It aint every day you add a league MVP to your roster.

naldodiaz and HP3 like this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

No it did not, we were capped out regardless so no, we could not add anything of substance this year or last year. Really...cmon man, thats total speculation on your part, I dont think Paul's decline influenced other FAs, i really dont. If it did, I doubt it had any bearing on anyone's

I realize that but gain, we could not add anything of substance without a sign and trade regardless. His contract never affected anything, so there isnt even a reason to feel bitter towards him.

If you have a championship roster, LT is inevitable. Thats more Tilman being cheap than anything else. Thats not Cp's fault. After the year we had, it would be stupid not to offer him a max, and it would be stupid of him not to take the deal. He didnt walk into this season, expecting a decline, and after last year people would have called us stupid not take that chance on him.

Again, the only way it effected us while he was here was his decline, his contract never had any effect on last FA or this FA.

I mean thats fine, you can dislike him. But talking about his contract and his hamstrings are either A. out of his control or B. Did not have any affect on anything. Which is all Im saying.

As for the trade, well it remains to be seen wether Westbrook can be a better secondary player. Im optimistic but we'll see how it goes.

Corrosion likes this.
  13. Caprah

Caprah Member

Let it go ..

Tfor3, amaru and daywalker02 like this.
  14. basketballholic

Ryno DID doom us and is specifically why I called for the trade of Capela to begin with.

If you had read my posts you would already know that I talked about it in depth and explained it in 2016 when I first said we needed to trade Capela and reset at the center position.

And I was RIGHT.

We have been AND STILL ARE just an ALSO-RAN team. And now Capela is taking up a good chunk of cap space, Ego is on an expiring deal that we likely can't afford to extend..... AND WE HAVE NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TRADEABLE SALARIES!!!!!

Because we chose to keep Capela and pay him.

I wrote about this all the way back in 2016. And I talked about Ryan Anderson's deal being the cause of us needing to trade Capela.

So........ you get off here and go back to your country.

15. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Come on ... differences aside, we're all Rockets fans here. Argue your points all you want, nothing wrong with some spirited debate ... but that's way across the line. Someone who posts as much as you do should know better.

16. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Lol shots fired by Pat

D-rock likes this.
  17. marky :)

marky :) Member

Lmao b_allholic really pulled the "go back to your country" line. And I thought the GARM would run out of fireworks after the Westbrick trade.

18. JW86

JW86 Member

Stop shouting, stop looking for verification, stop compensating for whatever it is, stop claiming you know better than others, stop being an *******, arrogant and you are hardly ever right so shut the **** up. Can someone ban this idiot already?

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

When "hot" takes are no longer enough to get attention, got to resort to more desperate tactics. :p

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Well he was saying a "de-facto" no trade clause because of the player option. GMs don't like players with player options. Hard to plan the offseason. Plus if the player declines the option, acquiring team needs to know that in advance to know what value is being acquired really.

KCP has the 15% potential bonus, plus a 15% trade kicker as well as the 2020 player option.

They'd obviously be much more valuable contracts/players to acquire if it was team options.